The Other Side Of The Screen

🌹𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲🌹
𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇

"You're sure you have everything?"

"Ugh, yes. This was a three day visit, how much do you think I had packed?"

"Just making sure~" you hummed, fully aware that she'd manage to forget something no matter how much you pressed. You put your apron way, and brushed your hair out of your face to look at your little sister. "I'll miss you, you know."

"Oh? And here I was thinking you couldn't wait to get rid of me." she grinned, before her face softened and she went to hug you "I'll miss you too"

The hug was warm and felt familiar, and you almost hoped it'd never dissolve. It'd been a long time since you had seen your sister, or any member of your family for that matter. You just never had the time. You frowned at the thought.

"Be safe, yeah?"

"I will."

You smiled, not really reassured by her words, and waved goodbye as your sister closed the door behind her.

Your eyes lingered on the door for a little while longer as the usual silence filled your apartment. You shook your head, walking to your living room to clean up a bit. You had no idea how one could make such a mess in just three days, but that was your sister. Well, you thought, at least it would serve as a distraction.

You sighed as you put the dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned the dirty napkins from the table and put the pillows where they should be. It was kinda sad. Even though this short visit left you with a ton of chores to do, you were tempted to just leave your apartment as it is. Just for a little while.
You kind of enjoyed the mess. Your home felt lived in now. Like it actually belonged to someone.

Once you were done taking out the trash, the sun had set and your apartment was clean once again. You let out a yawn, before sitting down on the couch to distract yourself with the TV, but jumped up when your bottom met with something hard.
Looking down, you saw a black laptop with stickers of flowers and various anime characters in chibi-form on it. You sighed. Sis.

A small smile spread across your face as you put the device on your lap and flipped it open. You probably shouldn't go sticking your nose in your little sister's stuff, but it was just too tempting, plus- you knew she was looking through your stuff during her stay as well.

After some time, the screen loaded and you were greeted by yet another black haired anime boy you didn't recognize. She's such a dweeb you laughed and rolled your eyes as you looked over the many games she had. Some of them, you recognized, as she had been talking about them since she got here.
...Five Nights at Freddy's, Little Nightmares, Doki Doki Literature Club, poppy playtime, Your Boyfriend Game...?

You furrowed your brows at the last one. She hadn't told you about that one yet. And knowing your sister, that probably meant something. Curiosity taking over, you clicked on it, surprised to find yourself not being greeted by yet another tall, well-build anime boy with superpowers, but a grey Stick-figure with a blue hoodie and a rose in his hand. You chuckled in bewilderment. What the hell was your little sister into?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ Wanting to find out what this was all about, you clicked start, the screen immediately turning black, showing your confused reflection when it stayed that way for another minute. You panicked "shit shit shit, no, please don't be broken!"

Your hand brushed the screen, and all of a sudden your vision blacked as well.