More Than A Dating Sim

🌹𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻🌹
𝖬𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝖺 𝖽𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝗂𝗆

(E/c) eyes were inspecting a face that was completely different than that they'd grew up seeing. Their skin and it's texture, their hair, right down to the count of their fingers-
Could you even call this a person anymore?

You sighed as you splashed cold water in your face and whiped it with a towel. You should shower, but you didn't want to. You had already made enough discoveries for one morning and didn't need to know what new one's you'd make once you took your clothes off.

Somehow, after the game crashed yesterday and you woke up in your bed again, things had changed for you. Or more specifically, your appearance did.

You still had some of your features. Your eyes and hair were the same color, the shape of your body as well as your height and voice was still the same as well. But it all looked different. Like the same text, the same set of words, just written in a different font. Honestly you were stuck thinking that you kinda liked it. Just a little bit.

You took a glance at your phone to see the time. 9 am. You were late for work but you couldn't pretend to care, not bothering to go after what happened yesterday.
Surely the diner could survive a day without you.

After brushing your hair, you left the bathroom to the smell of freshly made coffee, one of the many things about your roommate that you appreciated.

Yes, she was loud and repeatedly neglected to pay her rent- but she was also thoughtful. She made you coffee every morning without fail, she didn't ask too many questions and she spend her nights somewhere else half of the week. You smiled as you filled your cup and took a sip.

You'd started seeing the good things in this... whatever it was. After all, you weren't sure if you'd ever get back out again. This thought made your eyes water, but you shook your head and banished it into the depths of your mind. No use in crying. You didn't give up and were very much still searching for a way out of this mess, but for now all you could do is try to make it at least livable.

"Have a rough night?" Lucy snaps you out of your thoughts, chuckling as she leans against the counter with a knowing smile.

"Mhm?" you ask absentmindedly.

"You look like you just crawled back from the grave" she said, now looking rather concerned. You smiled at this. She didn't know how true that statement was.

When everything went dark, you'd hoped, prayed, it meant you were going back home. But you didn't know. Nothing like this had ever happened to you. To anyone, probably. You could've died for all you knew. Maybe that would've been better even.

"Yeah...I couldn't sleep all that well." you finished your coffee, setting the cup down and stretching your arms above your head until a loud 'pop' was heard in the small kitchen.

"Hmm, I'm surprised. Who knew little Y/n would be getting some too~" your roommate hummed, as she went to put away her cup as well. You stopped dead in your tracks.

"What?"

"Your coworker came by yesterday, they seemed pretty desperate as they asked to see you. I told them you were already asleep, thinking you'd appreciate some rest after a long day's work." Lucy explained, accentuating the word coworker, as if TK was anything else to you.

Quickly trying to end that train on thought, you smiled at her and thanked her for letting you sleep, about to go on your merry way when she stopped you again, this time with a hand on your shoulder.