Beyond Your Programming

🌹𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲🌹
𝖡𝖾𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗆𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀

Your first day in the game was.... stressful. You didn't know anything about yourself. Or your game you, at least. You did find out where you lived, so that at least solved the problem of where you would stay. You also found out that you had a roommate, a lousy one at that.

Entering your apartment, you were greeted by the sound of muffled moans and banging against the walls. Blushing, you made your way towards what you assumed to be your room, and sat down on your bed. You had already gone through 'your' belongings yesterday, which helped you find out a few things about yourself. That including that your character was a very messy person.

Well, if this doesn't look lived in...

You also found out that you were in America or at least someplace where most people spoke english, attending college, and working double shifts at your local diner. So at least you couldn't accuse the character of being lazy. They were probably just too burned out to care how their room looked like.

You found out that the person who's been getting lucky every other night in the room next to yours is named lucy, and that she's been neglecting to pay her share of the rent for a while which is why your landlord keeps threatening to throw her out.
For a fictional world, you sound like a pretty normal person.
Kind of boring, really.

"Why can't I be a noble prince/ss? Or a wanted criminal? Or a crazy professor?"

Sighing, you sat cross-legged and took out your phone. You had found it laying on your nightstand when you first came here, and it was one of the things here you were most grateful for.
Because it seemed like most things you had access to in the real world, you could access here too. YouTube, Google, Twitter... It was all there.

"Alright, so. Tell me what the next step is, trusty phone." You said to yourself as you put 'virtual reality escape game, no headset' into the search engine.

"...well this is disappointing."

_______________________________

𝗦𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱: 19

"𝖵𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗎𝖺𝗅 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖺 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗌𝖾𝗍? 𝖨𝗍 𝗆𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖻𝖾 𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗌𝗂𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝖿𝗎𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖾!"

"𝖵𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗎𝖺𝗅 𝖾𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗉𝖾 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾, 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝗅𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗎𝗓𝗓𝗅𝖾𝗌, 𝖻𝗈𝗇𝖾-𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗁 𝗋𝖾𝗐𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌...!"

"𝖭𝖾𝗐 𝖾𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗉𝖾 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝗆 𝗂𝗇 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗋𝗄 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗌 𝗍𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝖼𝗄!"

𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘀: 1, 2

_______________________________

You spend some more time reading through different headlines, but none of them helped you find out what to do next. You were honestly impressed by how...real...this all felt. Like you were really just part of a different world.
Whoever designed this game must really have put all their heart and soul into it.

The moaning from a few minutes ago had quieted down, and you could now hear Lucy giggling as she walked over to the kitchen, someone else following close behind.

Please don't start doing it in the kitchen, please don't start doing it in the kitchen...

You let out a loud groan as you heard the familiar slapping sound from right across your room. Of course they're doing it in the kitchen.

Busy as you were stuffing your burning face into your pillows, you actually got an idea.

What if this game was actually about romance? The guy from the beginning seemed flirty enough...

Reluctantly parting from your pillow, you went back to typing in your phone. What was the title of the game again...? I know the guy from the beginning was there...guy...boy...boyfriend? Your boyfriend, that's it!

Now excited you typed in Your Boyfriend Game and finally got some helpful results.

_______________________________
𝗥𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱:2
_______________________________

Okay, I said they were helpful, not that they were many.

Clicking on the first result, you were met with a wikipedia page, basically telling you what you already knew. This was a game, you were the player, and you were supposed to date someone.

The next page however, gave you some information you didn't know. Your date-ables.
There was lucy, apparently. TK, someone you work with. The guy from the beginning, who's name is... Peter?

You laughed a little at that. What a generic name...

Next was Don, your landlord. And his son Roy, a policeman.

Alright, you thought as you nodded to yourself. Your next shift was supposed to be in three hours. And if the goal of the game was really just finding love, well...you're just gonna have to lay on some charm. Can't be that hard.

~🌹~

The branch didn't creak as he climbed on it.

Wether that was due to his bodyweight, or his having done this time and time before, he was unsure.
It was not like he had to be quiet.

You had made yourself ready and left for work half an hour ago, and you wouldn't be back until noon. Which left plenty of time for him to snoop around, to find out who you were and how you managed to escape the usual game routes.

He couldn't contain his excitement as he climbed through your window. Your room smelled different this time. He inhaled deeply , walking up to your bed and flopping down face-first.

"Ah~ My darling, what you do to me..." he sighed, burying his face in your blanket. It was laying in a different pattern than usual. It was different. You were different. You were new, exciting- you had went beyond your programming!

If you did that to be with him? A blush spread across his face at the thought and his heart started pounding furiously. Of course... Why else would his darling have rejected him yesterday? You went through so much trouble to be with him, it's only natural you'd want to test his devotion to you.

He stood up, admiring the room around him as if he was seeing it for the first time in his life. He knelt down and pocketed one of your panties by habit, before walking back to the window.

He climbed on the branch again, and as if saying goodbye he stopped to look back for a moment.

"Don't worry, my love. I will prove to you that I'd do anything for you as well. You won't regret having left your world to be with me."