synopsis

∘☽༓☾∘

❝ the only thing worse than a boy that hates you: a boy that loves you.❞

∘☽༓☾∘

∘☽༓☾∘

In 5000 BC, twelve Eternals Ajak, Sersi, Ikaris, Kingo, Sprite, Phastos, Gilgamesh, Thena, Makkari, Druig, Nerak, and Cybele — were sent to earth to exterminate the invasive species called the Deviants. Over the millennia, they protect humanity without getting involved with their human affairs. After the last of the Deviants were defeated and a severing fight commenced, the group decided they would live out the rest of their time separated until they were able to return home to Olympia.

For Cybele, the decision to go their separate ways was chosen for her when her love decided to leave her behind that dreadful night. She then spends the next 500 years living out her life with her closest friend, Nerak, creating a new home. It isn't until seven of her "friends from college" appear out of the blue that she realizes her home isn't a place, it has always been a group of people. 

For Druig, the decision to go their separate ways was brought on by him. He left the people he called family, the woman he loved, and didn't look back. He created a place of peace for mankind and accepted the fact that the next time he would see his fellow Eternals would be upon their return to Olympia. That is until nine faces from his past bring news that shattered the truth he had grown to believe. 

What are they to do when they both realize after 500 years, their devotion never left?