always together

☾∘

friendship is a peculiar seed. no matter the season, the weather, nor the time of day. when planted on a nourishing soul, it will always bear fruit.

☾∘

∘☽༓☾∘

☾∘

525 B.C. — Babylon

"Phastos, did you go to the party last night, as I told you to?" Ajak's voice rang out as she entered the room.

Cybele and Nerak sat at the windowsill in the back of Phastos's lab, the former snickering at Ajak's question, knowing very well the thinker hadn't left the lab since breakfast the previous day. Druig sat on the other side of the room, relaxed in a chair as he discreetly watched the blonde girl. Sprite sat in the corner, looking annoyed as usual.

Despite Nerak and Cybele technically both being fighters, they often found themselves with the thinkers, hearing all about the growth civilization has shown.

Cybele had always had a deep connection with the people of Earth, she had from the very first day. Her warm aura drew the humans in and her caring soul got them attached. She often spent her time with the children of the cities they inhabited with Sersi. She taught them about the earth, granting her the name Mother Earth. Due to this, she was always asked to attend all of the thinkers' meetings to share her insight on the people of this world.

Nerak was simply there because Cybele was. The pair rarely separated, always feeling far more comfortable and confident when by one another's side. It wasn't that he didn't like the people of the earth, he was just well aware that he had a much colder exterior than his blonde counterpart. He wasn't as approachable but being next to Cybele always seemed to counteract that.

"Like big brain over there would ever go to a party, he doesn't like leaving his lab let alone the Domo," Nerak whispered to the blonde who smiled softly, shaking her head at her best friend's words.

Phastos glances at their leader, nodding his head slightly, "Hm the party? yeah." His attempt to brush off the question was unsuccessful. 

"He worked all night," Druig said with a smirk earning him a glare from the inventor.

"Who asked you?"

Ajak began to scold Phastos as Cybele glanced over and gave him a playful scolding look. The black-clad boy sent her a wink in return, causing a soft blush to form on her neck.

"Oh spare me," Nerak groaned as he watched the silent flirting. "Get a room, why don't you?"

Cybele gasped as smacked her friend on the shoulder while he laughed at his friend's flustered expression, "Why would you say such things, Nik!"