consumed by missing you

☾∘

 and then she knew

that you could become

homesick for people too.

☾∘

∘☽༓☾∘120, Imperial Rome 

120, Imperial Rome 

"Puer aurea! I've been looking for you all day! What are you doing out here?" 

Druig turned around at the sound of the soft voice that he had found himself yearning for when he was alone. There she stood in all her ethereal glory; blonde hair cascading down to the middle of her back, green eyes glowing of kindness, her teal dress blowing lightly in the wind as she held the cherry red wrap close to her body, the gold chain and ring she had been wearing for over six-hundred years rest against her collar bones, and her soft pink lips in a gentle smile - their natural resting position. 

The man always thought it was fitting that she was the goddess of the natural aspects of the earth; the beautiful things. Maybe some of the creatures she watched over with were not the nicest to greet and perhaps some of the plants she helped nurse looked a bit rough around the edges but the love she had for every single one made them some of the most prepossessing things this world had to offer. 

Yes, Cybele made the earth beautiful. 

Druig had come to that conclusion the first time he watched her grow a flower and hand it to a young boy who watched her with such awe-filled eyes. A look Druig himself was no stranger to that look when it came to the goddess.

"What does it look like I'm doing, mea dea?" 

Cybele lightly tilted her head in curiosity, "It looks like you are planting a bunch of rose bushes?" 

Druig smiled at her before turning back to the mound of earth that sat in front of him, continuing to dig a hole for one of the small seedlings that sat beside him. "You would be correct." 

Cybele silently fell to her knees beside him and watched the way he broke up the soil."May I ask why?"  

"Well, amor meus, you seemed to be quite put out by the humans trampling your lovely rose garden in their last squabble. So, I thought I'd start a new one for you to make it up to you... for not being able to stop them." Druig replied simply as if it were no big deal, though he had to fight off the bashful rush of red that crawled up his neck at the obvious display of his affection and the small pang in his heart at the memory of her saddened eyes.