garden of memories

☾∘

you can't forget someone when

you're still hoping for them to come back.

☾∘

∘☽༓☾∘

☾∘

2023 - Peruvian Amazonia

"It's very nice here, sir."

"Don't be fooled, Karun. Ignorance is bliss," Kingo replied as the group looked around the village.

Cybele let her eyes trail over the multitude of huts, there must have been hundreds of people here. She felt a soft tug on her heartstrings when she noticed a beautiful, vast garden a little ways away. Two large white columns sat at the entrance that resembled the architecture of Greece, her heartwarming at the endless fond memories she had from their time on the islands. The memories were pushed from her mind as a painted sign caught her eye.

Jardín de la Diosa

Garden of the Goddess

She didn't have time to overthink the reason behind the garden's name because her attention was pulled to a small, dark-haired girl pulling on her sleeve.

Cybele smiled down at the girl that couldn't have been older than six, "Hola y ¿quién podrías ser?" (Hello and who might you be?)

The young girl's face broke out into a broad smile, showing off her three missing teeth, "Karina."

"Es encantador conocerte, Karina. Mi nombre es Cybele." (It is lovely to meet you, Karina. My name is Cybele.)

Karina reached up and slid her hand into Cybele's before leading her towards Nerak who was currently gazing into the shallow pool that sat in the middle of the village.

The green-eyed boy looked up upon hearing footsteps approach him. Nerak's heart warmed at the all too familiar sight of his counterpart's hand interlocked with one of a small, bright-eyed child. 

Karina glanced up at Cybele before reaching out and grasping Nerak's hand in her free one. 

The boy was taken by complete surprise. Humans, especially kids, were often wary of him, keeping their distance unless Cybele was by his side and telling them there was no reason to fear him. He always understood it, he controlled weather and weather caused the human race many troubles over the years. He understood their discomfort and distrust, though it never hurt any less.