prologue

∘☽༓☾∘

❝ now that i know you exist, how do i not love you? ❞

∘☽༓☾∘

∘☽༓☾∘

Cybele stood in front of the large open window of the Domo, gazing out at the bright stars and the planet she would soon be calling her new home. Thoughts of what this new world would look like raced through her mind, an endless cycle of infinite possibilities.

The voice of Ajak shook her from her mindless daydreams, "Cybele, where are you? Please come meet the others."

The blonde pulled her eyes from the outside view and walked towards the room Ajak was beaconing her to. She was met with the sight of eleven very different-looking people. Upon realizing no one had noticed her, she chose to take a minute to observe the people she shared her mission with.

Ajak, their appointed leader, had a motherly way about her that brought Cybele much comfort. She wore her authority like a cloak and carried herself with grace. Cybele always did think a good leader would be able to keep a strong and united front no matter what, she was sure Ajak would prove that belief correct. 

The first unknown face that caught her eye was a blonde woman that radiated intensity. Her golden eyes seemed to hold the power to build an empire and destroy one. Cybele decided this was a woman to believe in.

Second, was a man with a small light strand in his brown locks. He was tall and carried himself with authority. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out he was strong, potentially a born leader. Yet, it was his calculating gaze that did not quite sit right with the blonde. Yes, Cybele was sure he was someone to watch out for.

Next to the man was a beautiful woman, an aura of kindness surrounding her. A soft smile on her lips as she spoke with her companion. Cybele felt at ease knowing there was someone with a heart she could trust accompanying her.

A young girl caught her attention next, her red hair cut short and an unhappy frown upon her face. Her arms were crossed and she looked as if she'd rather be anywhere else rather than surrounded by her team. Cybele frowned at the child's obvious irritation and couldn't help but wonder how they would ever get along if she was to never smile.

Two men talking in the corner of the room claimed her gaze next, the first was an obviously cocky man, saying how the purple in his suit goes perfectly with his dark complexion, yet his presence gained a small smile from Cybele. The second man was clearly uninterested in the former's words. He had a calming feeling about him. Despite their differences, she was sure that both would put others before themselves, each in their respected ways.

After looking to the left of the two men, Cybele saw a man with Ajak. He seemed to be speaking rather quickly, clearly excited over something. Though she wasn't quite sure what as he was simply pointing to random things around the room. Cybele could almost see his brain working, the gears turning, creating new ideas before old ones were even finished. It was good to know at least someone would know how to solve the issues that may arise in the future. 

Her attention was then grabbed by a dark-haired woman in red, her eyes seemed to move at the speed of light, never resting, never focusing. In the blink of an eye, the girl was now at the window on the other side of the room, staring out with a look of wonder on her face. Said girl must have seen Cybele in the reflection of the window because she turned around and smiled at the blonde. At that moment, Cybele decided she would be great friends with the speedster in red, positive that the girl's playful nature would help hold the team together.

Cybele looked to the girl's right and was met with a pair of green eyes. The owner was a lengthy man with dark curls that shaped his face. Cybele smiled at the boy and felt it widen once he returned it. A feeling of comfort surrounded her, happy that she could sense his loyalty.

The blonde's eyes trailed over the room once more. She was sure there had been eleven people in here upon her arrival, yet she could only seem to find ten faces.

"Is conversing not really your thing or do you just prefer staring at strangers?" 

Cybele turned to see the one person she hadn't silently evaluated yet, staring at her with a playful smirk on his lips. 

"I like to get a feel for people before I speak to them," she answered back bashfully.

"My apologies then, I messed up your system," and though his mouth said sorry, his eyes revealed the sarcasm behind his words.

The blonde smiled, "That is alright, I know everything I need to know."

The man raised his eyebrows, "Is that so? Care to divulge that information?"

"Not particularly," Cybele replied with a teasing grin before turning back towards the rest of the team, missing her companion's smirk.

The taller man moved so he was properly next to her, "Is it good or bad?"

"I guess only time can answer that question."

"Guess it's a good thing that's all we have then, hm?"

The blonde let out a laugh causing the man to smile.

"Are you ever going to tell me you're name?" He asked as he turned his head to look at her side profile. 

"Cybele."

"I guess that is fitting."

She glanced up at him, "What do you mean?"

"It wouldn't be fair for a beautiful girl to have anything less than an equally beautiful name." He answered smoothly, as he began walking forward towards the rest of the group, pretending not to notice the girl's ever-growing blush.

"And your name is?" She questioned his retreating figure.

"Druig."

Yes, Cybele was positive, the damage was done the moment their eyes met.

hey, besties!

welcome to my first mcu story!

i am very excited to write this and see where this book goes.

i will preface this now by saying if you haven't seen the eternal's movie

this book will contain spoilers for you in the future.

don't forget to vote!

see you soon

xoxo

-sammy