Chapter 21: Hail to the King

I trail in the footsteps behind the much larger, robust figure that was my Father,

"Dad, where are we going?" I squeaked,

"Don't worry Kiongozi, you will see very soon." His strong voice replied.

He continues walking me through a cave behind pride rock, only to have me climb to a ledge slightly higher than him.

"Ok son, jump!" He calls,

"What?! Jump? I'm so high off the ground!" I squealed back,

"Trust me son, when you fall, I will catch you." He calmly responded, though it didn't really help.

"Dad, I'm scared..." I softly reply, quivering under my paws, my energy and confidence in the dirt.

"Son, trust me, whenever you fall, I will always be there to catch you. I promise." He gives a reassuring nod,

With that I take to my paws, shaking like crazy, but trusting his word, counting the seconds till the time come. And my faith to be tested...

The screams of the past echo through my head as my gaze is distracted by the gorgeous luminous view the night provides from the top of pride rock. Ever since returning a few days ago, the nightmares have slowly returned, making me relive the horrible moments right before my failure to save someone I cared for. Generations of powerful lions had died to protect this land, why had I not joined them?

I then think back to Fuli, my mate, the mother of our future cubs, my best friend. Her tender touch when I was healing from my journey. The vulnerability we displayed in front of each other. The hours we spent lying awake together, thinking of naming our cubs, imagining a future together. I can't believe how selfish I was to think that!

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, admiring the view of the land from the top of pride rock.

The sudden sound of pebbles and rocks shifting cause me to jolt around. This wasn't a natural sound, it sounded as if whatever caused them to move tried to cover up its presents, that's when it hit me.

A dark strong figure suddenly collided with my body, knocking me to the edge of pride rock, all while I am barely holding on. My legs scamper to hold onto something as my heart races and a million thoughts rush my head. 'What just happened?!' 'Who was that?!' 'What can I do?!'

The dark figure makes its presence known, his shadow is too dark to make it clear, but I know what stands before me. He just stands there, seemingly scoffing at my struggles to regain my stature.

"You're guard couldn't survive in my world." He utters in a deeper, raspier voice than I anticipated.

It is him...

That's when he suddenly bent down, digging his claws into my forearm, causing me to roar in pain as his claws dig deep, feeling as if they touched bone. He inches his muzzle closer to my ears.

"Long live the king!"

Waisting no time, he ripped his paws up, launching me off of pride rock. My heart and mind race as my body seemingly slowly falls to the ground, my body feels completely weightless as I fall.

(Simba's POV)

The screams of Kion falling from Pride Rock pierce my heart, but their is nothing I can do, Scars spirit has infected my body and I cannot control my own actions.

"You have done well, my little nephew." His voice taunted in my head, I hold still, just watching the cliff that I ripped my son from.

"H- He... He's gone..." I mutter, a single tear escaping my eye, not bawling my eyes out, just a single tear.

"He was weak! And the weak hail to the kings!" And with that he begins to sing,

"Watch your tongue or have it cut from your head

Save your life by keeping whispers unsaid

Children roam the streets now orphans of war

Bodies hangin' in the streets to adore

Royal flames will carve a path in chaos

Bringing daylight to the night (night)

Death is riding into town with armor
They've come to take all your rights

Hail to the King
Hail to the one
Kneel to the crown
Stand in the sun
Hail to the King
(Hail, hail, hail)
(The King)

Blood is spilt while holding keys to the throne

Born again but it's too late to atone

No mercy from the edge of the blade

Dare escape and learn the price to be paid

Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light (light)

Death is riding into town with armor
They've come to grant you your rights

Hail to the King
Hail to the one
Kneel to the crown
Stand in the sun
Hail to the King
(Hail, hail, hail)
(The King)

There's a taste of fear (hail, hail, hail)
When the henchmen call (hail, hail, hail)
Iron fist to tame them (hail, hail, hail)
Iron fist to claim it all

Hail to the King
Hail to the one
Kneel to the crown
Stand in the sun
Hail to the King
Hail to the one
Kneel to the crown
Stand in the sun
Hail to the King
(Hail, hail, hail)"

As he finishes, I face out to the fields next to the gorge, where I told the cheetahs to make themselves at home,

"This will be enjoyable..." scars voice sadistically boomed.

"No..." I catch a glimpse of his plan in thought, and it aches my heart to see what it will do to my pride.

"Oh yes, my little nephew. I've got a score to settle with this coalition." He begins to lead, "During my era, these pests would fight against my hyenas for what limited food was available..."

"That's because you were a monster!" I interrupted, suddenly feeling a burning pain throughout my body,

"Do not interrupt me, you stupid pawn!" He slowly calms down, "Now, I used my status to fool your stupid pride and that idiotic clan of hyenas to run off that stupid coalition, unfortunately they didn't do my job right, so it's my time to correct their mistakes!" He laughs maniacally,

"Your sick Scar! You will have no pride or land to rule after this!" I scream at him,

"I could care less you imbecile, if that pride wouldn't stand by me then, why would they now? I only seek to bring this pathetic land to the pits of hell in which you sentenced me!"

I can feel my eyes widen as he says this, seemingly finally having some sort of feeling of my own again, even if it's the fear for my pride and the future of my home. That's when I notice we are in the field that the cheetahs are sleeping, no...

My head cranes to the sky, new moon. No wonder Kion couldn't see me, there's no lume at all! Scar the slowly begins to make me claw at my shoulders and painfully at my side, not enough to kill but enough to draw blood,

"This will be enough to convince them..." he demonically hisses, facing the cheetahs.

Great kings help us all...

That's when we spot him. Heshima is sitting down a few mere feet away fro the grass line,

"I know why your here."

"Then lets make it quick, shall we?"

He crouched and begins uttering a low growl, stirring his coalition from their slumber.

That's when the fast paced crunching of the grass made the presence of a powerful figure known, as he lunged from the grass, awakening the coalition, and though we didn't know it yet, starting our war.