Reunited After Seven Years

"Piper?" The tallest one says quietly.

I can't find the words to respond. "Uh um gah."

Jack steps next to me and chuckles. "Yes."

"I-I can't believe....where....how....what?" The middle boy runs his hands through his hair and laughs nervously. "I can't believe I haven't seen you in seven years."

The first boy steps towards me and says, "Can-Can I give you a hug?"

My lips curl into a small smile. "I've been waiting to hear those words come out of your mouth for seven years." My face breaks into a full grin. "Come 'ere."

He doesn't wait after that. He just runs to me and throws his thick arms around my waist. He lifts me effortlessly into the air and spins me around; I squeeze his neck as tightly as possibly. "Oh my God, I've been waiting for this moment for seven whole years. I don't think I've ever been this happy." I say into his shoulder. "Aidan." I add cautiously.

"Oh, I haven't heard you say my name in seven years." He laughs and puts me down, allowing the other two boys to embrace me in ultimate bear hugs. I was always close to all of my brothers, and today, I feel closer to them than any other time.

Christian, the youngest, gives me a sloppy kiss on the cheek and pulls me to his side. "I've missed my twin." He says, smiling widely.

A tear slips down my cheek. "So have I."

Tyler, Christian, and Aidan look at each other like they know something I don't. "Uh, were gonna leave for a few moments because I think you have some unfinished business goin' on." Aidan says, gesturing between me and Jack, standing really close to each other, our shoulders touching. I hadn't even realized.

"Oh, no, Aidan it's-"

Tyler interrupts me. "We'll give you guys a minute."

They push each other out of the room, and when Christian stumbles out last, I turn to Jack. I shuffle my feet awkwardly, feeling very uncomfortable. But I know I have to make this right.

"Jack, I'm so sorry for everything I did. I know you'll probably never forgive me for being such a jerk but I just thought you should know that I've never been closer to anyone and I have really enjoyed being here and you've been the best thing that's ever happened to me and you and Casey will always be my best friends no matter what we go through and I'm so sorry and-"

And then Jack lunges forward and is only a few inches from me, his chest pressed against mine. "Shut up, Piper." He whispers, smiling. My heart thumps and I know what comes next. He leans forward, a hand on my cheek and pulls my face toward his. He presses his lips to mine and kisses me passionately. Moving his mouth with mine, I get wrapped up in the moment, kissing him back, my arms wrapped around his neck.

Pulling away, I sigh, breathless. "I don't know what to say." I whisper, my forehead rested on Jack's.

He laughs. "Then don't say anything."

So instead of saying something, I think something. One thing, to be exact. Asher.