No.1 | Navy Blue

The night was silent, swallowed by a void of serene steady wind that supported the ship to advance onward. The only noises were the creaking of wood and the swashing of water against the body of the Albatross. Sound asleep in a red and tan vertically striped hammock was Chip, his leg dangling off the side as soft snores escaped him. The hammock was placed beside a small, circular dense glass window that was leveled with the water and the surface of it.

      Giving a view from below the thin water layer, and the sky out ahead, since the sleeping quarter was on the lower part of the ship. A few feet away from Chips hammock was a sleeping bag placed on top of a small platform made up of planks of wood, to better make it seem like a bed, though comfort was not at all realistic to a bed, not at all . . . on the bed, more-so a mattress, laid Jay Ferin, having a (surprisingly) peaceful rest for once, a blanket settled across her that covered her completely.

   Moving back to the hammock was seen a wood circular barrel, placed next to the hammock, closer to where the chip's head was resting, though a few inches away to build some personal space between the barrel and the hammock. 

The barrel was filled near the rim with water. Chips hand was dipped inside the barrel, fingers tips barely touching the surface of the water. Near the hand, was another hand, a blue hand, which belonged to Gillion. The hand was barely in touch with Chip's hand as if the two hands were previously clung together in an act of holding one another, then had later slipped from each other as both drifted to sleep. Inside the barrel was Gillion, who was also sound asleep, the entire body (except his hand) was under the water, small air bubbles rising up as he snored silently.

   Old man Earl was most likely sound asleep in the kitchen, or still wide awake making juice. Oliver was somewhere, if old man earl was assumed to still be awake, you could guess liver was helping him with juice making, or asleep on deck. With everyone somewhere either asleep or awake tending to themselves, this crew made a big mistake for not having someone on the lookout. It most likely flew past everyone's mind, or they were just so far out at sea that the chances of any encounters were low . . . they were wanted pirates, letting their guard down at any given time would be a mistake, a large one...

 The silent night was soon interrupted by a raging fire of a canon. The sound was definitely loud enough to wake everyone up immediately, the barrel of water tipped over as Gillion slid out like butter. Chip falling out of his hammock and Jay's eyes shooting open, the three of them sprung to their feet instantly. Moments after the canon fired unexpectedly from far away, another jumpscare shot to the scene, Oliver bursting open the door and looking panicked and coated with fear "N-navy! We guh-got the Navy heading right for uh-us!" The small boy stuttered out loudly. Having just woken up, it took the three co-captains a few moments to comprehend and render the situation, now realizing that the Navy got sight of them, that loud fire noise was a canon.

"Oliver stay in here, we'll handle it!" Chip command Oliver, and since Oliver didn't have Jhon around (since he was still stuck in the prison), he had no other choice than to follow Chip's command. The triton placed pretzel down on the ground, putting her safety first before he went to grab his sword, while Jay had already snatched up her own pistol to get ready to tackle whatever comes next.

As Oliver huddled to go sit in the corner with Pretzel shuffling over to the child, the three pirates rushed to the upper deck to see what seemed to be a large navy ship, bigger than the Albatross. Large navy blue sails and the Navy uniforms on the crew of the opposite ship proved to them that the Navy was back once again...

   Jay and Gillion almost in synch looked in Chips' direction, instinct made them wait for Chips' next command. Though Chip was still waking up, this was a lot to process, so he obviously had no set plan. Stutters at the start of a sentence leaped from Chip's lips, his only cooperative plan was to try and escape, so he lead with that. Pointing the steering wheel of the ship as he shouted   "Jay, steer us away! We're getting the hell out of here" Jay had no better idea, so she followed his lead, hoping he knew what he was doing. The cold air nipped at Chip's exposed arms, giving him goosebumps that worked up his bare arms and stung his fingertips. Each breath they took was visible, which surely amazed Gilliom, mildly distracting the curious triton.

    Once Jay darted to the steering wheel to send the ship to a different course, Chip turned his head to look Gillion in the eyes. The tritons stood straight up, not lacking any confidence, even at such an early hour. "You!... You make sure you don't get killed, and try to get them off our tail!" Gillion nodded, rushing to the back of the ship, where the Navy ship was spotted to be now shifting in the direction the Albatross changed to, clearly chasing the ship down. Gillion had a limited source of magic, not many spells would be helpful to slow down the Navys ship or prevent them from catching up. Back to Chip, who was now climbing up to the bird's nest to get a good view of the Navy ship. He saw a black dot, growing larger by the passing seconds.

Squinting at it, he suddenly ducked down as a large black cannonball flew past his head, just missing his head. Mumbling foul words under his breath as he repeated them, proceeding to exit the crow's nest. The ship approached the Albatross quicker than expected.

   Once the ship managed to get close enough to toss ropes over to link the ships together. Four Navy guards used the rope to throw themselves onto the ship with a smooth landing. AT this point, Gillion had gotten over to Chip after he failed to keep the Navy away. One guard sprinted towards the steering wheel, where Jay was. Chip took notice, and attempted to chase after him, but was stopped as he saw two men standing in his way, causing the captain to back up. His back pressed against the back of Gillion, who had a guard slowly approach him. They were being slowly approached by three guards, like predators to prey. "What do we do now? Cheebo?"       Gillion whispered to Chip, his eyes locked on the navy guard slowly taking steps towards him. Chip didn't give an answer immediately, to be quite frank, it didn't come as a surprise that he was yet again at a loss on words. He tried thinking of how to get the two of them out of the situation and keep Gillion safe.