No.5 | Captains dream

Two days have sailed by simply, 48 hours worth of smooth sailing. Jay was making sure the ship stayed on track, while Chip spent his time training and pranking Jay with Oliver. The third night of sailing, Jay was out keeping watch, having learned their lesson from the previous night Gillion was taken from them. Jay, who insisted on staying up and keeping watch to allow Chip to get more rest, though he failed to get a night of shut-eye. His sleeping had been fucked up, feeling the need to stay awake, unable to sleep in general really.

  Silently lazing in his hammock, it was seen that Gillion's sleeping barrel was now fixed and standing back up and filled with water for Pretzel now. Oliver was on the other side of the room and sleeping on Jay's cot while she took her turn keeping watch. Chips left leg had been wrapped up now, securing the wound. His leg had gotten a bit better since being punctured in the first place, yet still ached at times. The leg dangled from the hammock, swaying the help the hammock also sway left to right slightly. On the floor next to the hammock was Gillion's longsword, resting on the floor. 

His arms behind his head, acting as a pillow as he relaxed, wide awake. Outside the circular window, the reflection of the large pale white moon shimmered, with small turbulence to it since the waves constantly flowed like sheets hung on a clothesline, flowing simply and calmly. Stars in the sky seemed like small specs of white shimmering lights, littered across the dark blue sky like freckles. His head turned to face the window as he remained wide awake staring at the scenery outside that window.

 Silence suddenly snapped away as footsteps above him stirred his attention, hearing them go down the ship, down a small flight of stairs then enter the room, seeming to be Jay. "Chip- what're you doing still awake- it's nearly 2 am" She whispered to him, not wanting to disturb Oliver or the peaceful night given to them. 

"I can't sleep, Jay, why else would I be awake" He glanced only his eyes over at the Ferin, then blinking away to continue admiring the sight of the window.

 Sighing with a mix of irritation and annoyance (respectfully), she wandered over to the hammock, brushing the untamed strands of hair out of Chip's face, which certainly grabbed Chip's attention, looking up at her. A sense of comfort swallowed the captain, (kind eyes aha) feeling a warmth overtake him as Jay smiled warmly down to him.

 "You can stop worrying, we've put together a great plan! Gillion is practically already ours again!" "We won't fail him, Chip, you of all people should know that" She added, playfully ruffling his hair again, as the strands of hair fell back in his face. Bringing his hands to rest on his chest like a deceased figure, he returned the warm smile, feeling a sense of confidence, and reassurance. Maybe he was spending too much time having doubts, rather than thinking about the positive outcomes of this plan, that it really could  turn out for the better. 

  "We're gonna bring back our himbo crewmate, so we can have our crew back together! Two himbos and a girlboss!" Jay said with enthusiasm. "Yeah!...hey! I'm no himbo! I'm rather smart actually." Chip insisted, rolling his eyes.

 "Chip, you tried to waterboard a fish once." Looking at the captain with a deadpan expression plastered to her face. "Now get some rest, we should arrive at the prison tomo- today" Jay corrected herself, remembering how late it was. Those words excited Chip, but also made him a bit scared, it was similar to stage fright type of fear. His fear was overtaken by the thought of Gillion back on the ship, just the thought of getting him back overpowered any sense of fear or doubt. Jay smiled and turned on her heels, walking back up to resume watch over the ship. That conversation surely got to him, in a positive manner. Feeling confidence, joy, eager to be with his full crew once more. Repositioning his body to get in a comfortable position, he shut his eyes and drifted to sleep.

 Hours later, the moon was still in the sky, though growing weaker, for its spot would soon be taken by the bright golden sun in an hour or two. Chip's body winced as he continued to sleep, though not-so-very peacefully anymore. His dreams are not so wet (gillion tidestrider funny moment), but filled with flashbacks from the previous night of Gillions capture. 

   Chip on his knees on the floor of his ship, out ahead was the ship along with Gillions figure onboard it, being restrained by a navy guard. It was all basically a flashback to that very night, it all matched up, except for something. On that ship, he saw a figure, a familiar figure. Captain Lizzy, dressed in her usual attire, rather than a navy uniform. Not only Lizzie, but Caspian, for the triton was dressed in a navy uniform now. Lizzies entire crew was also seen on the ship, the women pointed a silver gun at Chip before he suddenly jolted up, eyes shooting open, waking up before the bullet was fired in his dream. 

   Suddenly, in front of his eyes, he saw a triton, tall, with green hair that faded as it went down. Gillion Tidestrider, before his eyes. Chips face looks pretty stupid as he stared at Gillion. Chip wasn't in his hammock, but now standing on the deck of the ship. Gillion standing a good far distance away from Chip, looking back at Chip with a warm smile. "G-Gill-" The words stumbled from his lips as he blinked tears away, as two droplets rolled down his cheek and past his happy smile. Without hesitation, he ran to Gillion, ready to wrap his arms around him. Before he could hold Gillion, he disappeared in thin air, like dust being blown away into scattered pieces. The hug turned into him hugging himself, for Gillions figure vanished.

"Chip? Chip!" A voice echoed from every direction, Jays voice calling him out. He looked around with panic, as the whole world darkened, like it was crumbling before his eyes. "CHIP!" Jay shouted again, as this time, Chips eyes opened for another time. Now actually awake, laying in his hammock. The window allowed the sunlight to shine upon him, the warmth of it hitting only part of his body in a circular shape. "Time to wake up! We're almost their buddy!" Jay said with excitement, trying to hype Chip up, who looked rather confused, scattered. "Hey? Something wrong Chip?

  Chip looked at the Ferin, blinking numerous time before being able to speak, "Oh, nothing! Just a bad dream" He assured her, "Heh, bad dreams, I get my daily dose" She said, it confused Chip, considering Jay was the only one who knew about these night terrors only she was experiencing. "Well, get up and get ready. And please, get a shirt on would ya'?" Jay rolled her eyes and left the room, heading back to deck. Chip looked down, seeing he was shirtless, he must've taken his shirt off last night, finding it uncomfortable. He didn't think much of it, as he got up and looked for his shirt. His face red from slight embarrassment. Not sure why he was embarrassed, he's ran around. casino in his mere undergarments, the crew has had their share of seeing Chip shirtless, sometimes pants less.

   After searching around his hammock and finding no trace of his shirt, he was close to giving up, that was until he saw it under Gillions barrel, a sleeve barely tucked under the barrel with the rest of his shirt. With confusion, he hesitantly grabbed the shirt, slipping it on with caution. He soon shrugged it off, and combed his hair out with his fingers. His hair felt smooth, silky, it may have been messy and ruffled, but it was soft as a cloud. 

  After getting himself together, he walked up to see Jay, standing on the edge of the ship in the front, staring ahead. Chip waddled over to her while ting the string that contained the small v-neck of his shirt. Now standing beside her, he pulled his eyes away from the Ferin, looking ahead, he saw an island. Where the prison was established at. "Is that..." "Thats the prison, Chip"  Jay clarified him. It looked massive from far away, surely looked even bigger up close. It made Chip gulp dramatically, as he felt a bit tense at the sight of it. Now that it was close, now that they were moments away from executing the plan, he felt... fearful.