No.13 | Light of my life.

The crew members aboard the albatross enjoyed the meals Earl put together. Chip and Jay explained the journey of rescuing Gillion, Chip adding parts into the story that never happen, merely to impress Gillion and make it sound cooler. Earl explained the recipe for this juice, sadly telling them he used his feet stomping technique for this one. While Gillion finally got to fill his stomach with food after being starved. Gillion also finally reunited with Pretzel, who was beyond excited to see his triton friend. Gillion and Pretzel both engaged in a moment of crying as they hugged one another. It was a night of celebration for the return of Gillion Tidestrider.

Jay also explained how she retrieved Gillion's armor and weapons, having carried them with the briefcase.

After the crew was done, the crew went down to sleep. Jay decided to stay up and keep watch, not to let the previous mistake repeat. Oliver was sleeping in his usual place, as well as Earl. Chip and Gillion made their way to the sleeping area, where Gillion plopped himself into the water barrel, and Chip threw his body onto the hammock. Feeling the fabric hug him and give his body a break from today. It was silent for a bit, as the two settled down in their sleeping preferences. Chips arm dangled from the hammock, feeling a sudden tap on his finger by a moist hand. Chips hand flinched by the sudden touch, but warmed up to it, feeling his handclasp onto Gillion's hand, intertwining fingers with him. Chips hand now in the barrel, barely touching the surface of the.

 Chip laid happily and calmly in his hammock, with a blanket draped over him to provide warmth with this rather chilly night. 

  "Hey... Cheebo?" "yea Gillion?" Chip responded, leaving his eyes shut with his exhaustion. "If it's not too much to ask... is it possible I could lay with you? Please?" Gillion asked, catching Chip by surprise. Gillion was acting rather affectionate, not something Chip was used to. It was probably from Gillion's lack of time spent with Chip and Jay. Gillion was attached to his crewmates, benign one of his only friends at this point. Chip could see why Gillion was so affectionate right now. "Oh, absolutely, yea!" Chip stuttered out, as Gillion let go of his hand and go out of his barrel. Chip scooting over to give him some room, since the hammock was large enough, Chip would most likely end up laying on top of Gillion if anything.

  He lifted the blanket as Gillion inserted himself in the hammock, a sudden warmth overtaking his body, along with the warmth of Chip's body beside him. Once Gillion got situated, Chip draped the blanket over Gillion. Chip shifted to lay on top of Gillion slightly, on his side. Extending his arm to lay across Gillion. This was a comforting feeling he had never experienced before. He liked it, and so did the Triton. Gillion wrapped his arm around the body of the somewhat smaller male, both warming up from the body heat. 

Resting his head on Gillion's chest, hearing the soft thumping of his heartbeat, and the rise and lower of his chest with every breath he took. It was comforting to hear his heartbeat and to have himself in Gillion's arms. A happy smile curled on Chips' lips, while a warming smile was plastered to Gillion's face. Gillion back now, Chip knew he would never let something take Gillion away from him from this point forward.

It was Chip's destiny.