No.12 | The escape

"Jay!?" both boys said with amazement how she save them yet again. "Yea hi, we gotta get out of here like, right now. I've got like 20 people on my tail." She said putting the bow on her back as she waved her hand to signal them to follow. Gillion and Chip looked at one another, immediately letting go of each other's hands, then running after her.

Jay swung open a pair of double doors, the three now running down a new hallway. It was wide with high walls, much fancier a few iron chandeliers like the one they saw in the cell room hung securely on the ceiling. "Jay do you know where you're going?" Chip yelled out to her, "Absolutely. I managed to get some information out of one of those guards." Jay explained, "How on earth did you-" "I don't want to talk about it." Jay interrupted him, seeming to be quite embarrassed. 'Jay! You will not believe what happen a bit ago! Cheebo came out of the closet!" Gillion recalled, making Jay laugh out as she continued running. "Is that so? It was about time he did!" Jay commented, 'No Jay! I literally came out of a closet!" Chip insisted, huffing.

"Mhm! Sure thing Chip!" Jay snickered, taking a sharp turn down the left hallway and sprinting right for the wooden double doors down the hallway.

Chip looked excited to see the doors, Gillion as well. The Triton was draining energy by every passing second from the lack of food and water. He had been in a dry cell with no food, it wasn't good for his body and skin. "Do you reckon Marshall Jhon is also kept up here?" Chip asked Gillion, having forgotten Jhon was captured at Jeraldo Island.

"He certainly is Chip! We must go back and rescue him!" Gillion Had completely forgotten that! Now wanting to turn back, but his entire body ached, but that didn't stop him from wanting to rescue Jhon. "Gillion we can't right now, we'll have to some other time. We've pretty much got the entire prison chasing after us!" Jay yelled over to him. Finally, Jay was close enough to the doors to extend her arms out and push them open with all her might, feeling the fresh air travel to her nose, cold enough to sting her nose when she took in such a big breath. Chip and Gillion stepped out of the prison behind Jay, feeling the cold air touch the small hairs on Chip's arms, it felt nice to take in the fresh rich air. "We did it! Now we must get to the ship!" Chip exclaimed with excitement. 'Oliver and Earl have the ship ready to take off, we gotta hurry!" Jay said as the cremates rushed to the bording docks far out in the distance. The crew was running the back of the building, having to run along the side of the establishment and behind the housing/building in the common town area, to avoid having to hustle through a large crowd again.

Gillion felt so much better to finally be in a natural atmosphere, and not in the dry, humid dull cell. The sky above was an orange color palette. Colors of the sunset blending together like a watercolor blur, truly fascinating to Gillions eyes. On the Albatross, Oliver was keeping watch, as Earl had managed to get back to the ship and get things prepared. Oliver squinted his eyes to see from far away, the three crewmates sprinting towards the ship, getting closer and closer. "Earl! Set sail! They're back!" Oliver shouted out to Earl, who followed the kid's command right away. Oliver's eyes met another running figure, dressed in navy blue. "You guys have one on your tail!" Oliver cupped his hands over his mouth as he yelled for them. Jay barely made out what the kid said, and turned her head to look behind her shoulder, seeing a single navy guard running after them, seeming to have caught up somehow.

"Guys we have one right behind us!" Jay warned Gillion and Chip, who looked behind to also notice the guard growing closer and closer, wielding a long sword.

The crewmates reached the docks wooden floor, then hearing another pair of feet enter the dock. The ship was starting to leave the dock, a rope dangling off the edge for the crewmates to latch onto and get onto the ship. With the rope securely tied to the large pillar that held the crow's nest, Jay was the first to reach the Ship and leap out to grasp the rope and pull herself up with a little bit of Oliver's help. "Gillion you go first!" Chip ordered Gillion, as he used his energy to pick up the pace and leap for the rope that was thrown back down for Gillion to use now, clasping the rope sternly as he hauled himself up, with the extra help of Jay.

Once Gillion got to his feet, the rope was tossed out for Chip now, it seemed to flimsily just land in the water, snapped in half from being yanked too roughly. Chip watched the rope land in the water, as he tried to catch his breath, "Cmon Chip!" Oliver cheered to Chip with panic in his tone.

Gillion reached his hand out, leaning over the side of the ship. "Chip jump!" Gillion shouted as the ship was starting to grow too far from jumping distance. He finally reach the edge of the dock and leaped off, the guard reached out to try and catch his leg. Chip reached his hand out as far as his arm could extend out. He hadn't jumped far enough, as he felt himself fall, a sudden yank stopped him. Looking up to see Gillion's face as he caught Chip's hand in time, Jay watched the guard's face plant into the water after losing his balance. Chip looked up at Gillion with disbelief, as Gillion hauled Chip up on the deck, his body draping on the floor as he tried to catch his breath. Oliver jumped up and down and cheered happily with Earl, who was just bobbing up and down, far too old to even bother trying to jump. Chip sat up, his hair a huge mess, ruffled everywhere. Gillion fell to his knees next to Chip, far too exhausted to stay up on his feet.

Gillion looked so excited and happy, finally back on the Albatross. Chip looked at Gillion with a smile as Jay was celebrating with Oliver and Earl. Gillion returned the same smile, "I need something to eat now" Gillion said his stomach grumbling. "Lucky for you, Earl prepared food! A bunch of it! A-along with some juice!" Oliver exclaimed happily, "yes! I gathered some fruits from the island before leaving it!" Earl added. "So I did hear your voice when we were running on the rooftops!" Chip exclaimed with disbelief. 'Hell yea you did! Took out a guard with a frying pan!" Earl boasted. "Rooftops?" Gillion said with a questioning tone, "It's a long story, Gillion. I'll tell you all about it while we eat!" Chip said happily.

"Yes yes! That would be fun!" Gillion said. Earl and Oliver made their way to the kitchen, jay decided to tag along, giving Chip and Gillion some time alone. Before jay left, she looked over at the two, smiling warmly, then taking her to leave. Chip got up to his feet and offered a hand to GIllion to help him up. Gillion took the hand and felt hoisted up by the help of Chip, looking at him silently. "Thank you, Chip." Gillion thanked the other, as Chip's cheeks went a faded rose red hue. The Sky was now overtaken by the moon, the stars scattered across the sky like freckles. The moon full like an eye in the sky. Lanterns on the deck providing a warm lighting for the ship. Chips' smile gently grew, happy to see Gillion back on the ship. "No, thank you. For helping me, you managed to do what I failed to do several nights ago." Chip said with a soft, warming tone.

"Cheebo... you tried though, even when you got stuck down, you still tried. I may have been kidnapped, but watching you fight through such pain to try and keep me on the ship was the bravest thing I've ever seen someone do. Made me feel, loved." Gillion explained heartwarmingly. As the cold, timid air stung more suddenly, nipping at Chips fingertips as the breezed picked up, gently waving Chips hair as his eyes widened at his words, in disbelief.

"You, Chip, made me feel loved, wanted. No destiny of mine could ever be worth more than the way you made me feel." Chip listened to Gillion's words silently. He's never seen Gillion act in such a heartwarming way before, it was nice, truly nice. Gillion raised his hand to place it on Chip's face, against his cheek softly.

"I've been traveling the sea trying to find my destiny. When it turns out, it's been aboard this ship all along."