Chapter Six

"Nando, wake up." I hear someone beside me say. "Huh?" Nando says. "Oh, you guys are here."
"You guys look good together like that," someone says. "Shut up, Manoy."

"Marie, wake up. They are here. You need to get ready, we're traveling soon," Nando whispers to me.
"Huh?" I say, opening my eyes and stretching my body. Then, I stop. Hold on, why does the ground feel soft. Sitting up as soon as possible, I see Nando and everyone staring at me. I look at Nando again and see his sitting position then look at mine and I jump up immediately.

"Finally, you're awake." José says, looking a little irritated. "I need to use the bathroom." I turn.
Then, Manoy shouts, "Marie, there is no bathroom here!" "I know," I say, embarrassed again.

"Here, you can go this way," Andres tells me. I still dislike him after what Nando and I talked about last night. He's lost my trust.
"Ok," I reply. After a few minutes, I return to where Nando and I fell asleep.
"Here, the guys brought some fresh water for us. You can wash your hands and drink," Nando says.

"Thank you, Nando."
"Okay, okay. That's enough, love birds, we have to get going. We still have a long day ahead of us," Manoy tells us.
We start walking and then Andres comes up next to me. "Hey, are you okay?" Andres asks.

Is he serious right now? He has the nerve to ask whether I am okay or not. Turning around to him, I say, "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I give him a fake smile.
"I don't know, it just feels like there's something you're not telling me."
"I am fine, Andres. I'm just tired, okay? Everything is going too fast for me," I say to him. You see, I am not good with new environments. I get major anxiety to the point that I can't sleep. Hence the reason why I couldn't sleep well last night. What Nando told me was too important and I don't know whether to trust Andres or not. It's too sketchy as to why they left that detail out for me.

"Okay, if you say, so but if something is bothering you tell me alright so I can help you," he replies going next to José.
"What are you looking at?" José barks.
"Jeez, I wasn't looking at you. Don't get full of yourself," I tell him with disgust.

The group and I keep walking and then we suddenly stop."Why are we stopping?" I ask. "Some people have to rest too, Marie," José says while rolling his eyes.
"Dude, what's wrong with you? Why are you so rude? I was just asking a question." "Oh no, here we go again," Andres says.

"Rude? I am not being--" José continues.
"Yeah, rude--impolite! And don't you dare say you are not because ever since I got here you have been rude. Didn't your parents teach you how to be polite?" I yell. I am sick and tired of his snide comments. He has been doing that now for a while. "Oh, by the way, if you have something you want to tell me. Tell it straight to my face and don't just mumble them because I can hear you loud and clear."

"First, don't you dare yell at me, woman. Second, I know what rude means and don't you ever say anything about my parents! They are the loveliest people in the world and no one can ever compare to them. No one, not even you, " he says to my face while holding my arm. "José, let go of her. You're squeezing her arm too tight," Andres tells him while moving José away from me. Everyone watches and starts getting up, noticing the aura around us.

"José," Nando warns.
"Okay, okay. Fine," he says.
"Where are you going?" asks Andres.
"I'll be back in ten minutes," José says.
Feeling suffocated in the area after what just happened, I walk away from the group. I see a tree and lean on it. Closing my eyes, I remember José's eyes. It was full of rage but so enchanting--beautiful. Those brown eyes, not so large nor small, seem to reveal a soulful and deep person filled with mystery and wisdom. Calm your hormones, Marie. He is not a good guy. You must always stay alert and not trust so easily. You need to figure out their motive on why they hid the secret from you.
Looking at the trees in front of me for the last time, I decide to head back. Turning around, I see the last person I want to see.
"Hey, are you okay?" Andres says looking concerned. If I didn't find out their secret from Nando, I would've believed how sincere he looks. He is such a great actor. Too bad I know about it.
"Yeah, I am fine," I say with no emotion.
"Ok, we have to head back now. The rest of the group is waiting for us," Andres replies.
"I was about to head back," I say, passing him.

"What is wrong with her?" I hear him mumble. Not caring about what he says, I catch up with the rest of the group.