Chapter Twenty-two

"Look, that is not a great idea, Sebastian. You know what will happen if you open the portal. It is not safe for everyone," Ma says to someone on the phone. Wait, I remember this. This is the part where she was talking to someone on the other side of the line and was angry. I must tell her what happened to her and Pa at the ball. I have to make sure they are safe. I knock on the door and go inside. "We'll talk later. Bye," says Ma.

"Hey, baby. Are you ready?" she asks.
"Yes, I am ready." I need to tell them about the Lobo and about their death. "Ma," I say. "Yes, honey?"
"I need to tell you something," I say.
"What is it?"
"I know the future," I say.
"What do you mean you know the future, honey? That is impossible." She laughs.

"I am serious. You and Papa died in the ballroom. You were killed by Sebastian Franco. Then, Rosalinda, Juan, and I had to hide. Then, we found Ractro, a robot that can basically do anything, and then we got inside this condo and I found this diary inside an antique wardrobe. Then, Ractro created a portal and someone grabbed me. The portal that opened is the Lobo," I say.

"Did you just say Lobo?"

"Yes, then I met all of these great people and we went through battles. Now some of the people I battled with came back with me to this time period. I need to find out where they are because they must be lost right now," I continue.

"Don't mention this to anyone, Marina. This is a secret in the organization. Don't ever tell this to anyone. With regards to the shooting, your father and I will figure that out, and with your friends we will talk about them after the ball. Do you understand me?" says Ma.

"Yes, Mama," I say.

This time, my siblings, our parents, and I enter the ballroom together. It looks the same as before. Gold chandeliers hang from the ceiling and tables beautifully decorated for the event. The food is on the side, all lined up by categories. People are socializing with people at the same status as them.

"Let's go and greet the Dubois'" Ma says. "Bernadette, Daxton," says Ma to the couple. "Paulina, Mark," says Mr. and Mrs. Dubois.
"Good evening, Auntie Bernadette and Uncle Daxton," I say.
"Good evening, Marina."

"Come sit with us," says Auntie Bernadette.

We all sit down, and our parents start talking to Auntie and Uncle. I take out my old phone which I have not used in years. Well at least, from what I have experienced, it has been years.

"God, look at them, Marina. Don't they look cute?" says Rosalinda.

"Huh?" I say and look at the two men that just put down their plates in front of us. Nando and José? Then, a woman sits down next to them. Patricia?

"Nando, José, Patricia! Finally, I see you guys," I say. "Pardon?" says José and Nando.
Patricia raises her eyebrows. "Do I know you?" she asks. "Yeah, it's me, Marie," I say.

"Marina, what are you doing?" Ma asks.
"Ma, those are my friends that I told you about," I say.

"Friend? That's impossible. They are my sister's adopted children. This is their first time in the Philippines after getting adopted when they were babies," says Auntie Bernadette.

"Ma, I swear they are my friends," I say. I turn to José, Nando, and Patricia. "Don't you guys remember me?" I ask.

"No. Not at all. We have never met you before," says Patricia.

"Nando? Don't you remember me?" I ask.

"I am sorry I don't know who you are, and my name is not Nando, it's Raphael. This is Leo and this is Louise," he says. Why can't they remember me? What is going on?

"Sorry, I think my sister has been lacking sleep. She was saying crazy things to me earlier," Juan says.

"I have not been saying crazy things."

No matter what they say, I will make them remember who they are and what our goal is here—to find Angela. Tomorrow, I will go to the museum and find whatever I can.. There must be some books there like the books in Alvarez's secret hideout. Books that discuss more information about the Lobo. I will make sure to accomplish one of Andres's wish. I will make sure that in this next journey we will finally see Angela.