6. Herbology

Oliver had gotten up terribly early today, taking a seat at the breakfast bench, he'd been having trouble sleeping.

He drank his apple juice nervously, glancing around. He had nothing to be worried about, but everything felt like a hazard at the same time.

"Hey, Wood!" Fred slid into the seat next to him.

"What's wrong, Captain? Morning jitters?" George grinned, wrapping an arm around him.

"Well, chin up, Y/N could be up soon."

He raised a brow, "What makes you think they have something to do with it?"

"I dunno, just the way you goggled at them in Zonko's."

"It was a bit obvious- don't get upset! Now you can be on the same track!" George laughed, biting into a slice of toast.

Oliver paused, "Same track? What sort of track?"

"Honestly, I think your gob is too focused on quidditch to notice."

"We'll head off now, see you later!" Fred hopped up, linking arms with his twin down the hall.

This wasn't helpful at all, instead his brows furrowed and his expression pained.

-----

A few hours later, the whole school had finally started their morning classes. The corridors bustling with students, with a tendency to shove you to the wall.

Surprisingly, Oliver had chosen herbology for one of his O.W.L subjects. He'd done quite well in it.

Also because Y/N was in it. He didn't want to leave them.

He hurried outside, where the grass had been caked in snow, crunching with every step.

The herbology classes were three big greenhouses, all bundled together.

Taking a step inside, he slipped off his coat and took a spot near the workplace.

Oliver leaned on the table, waiting.

"Hey! Hey!" You entered the greenhouse, quickly unbuttoning your jacket and taking a place next to Oliver.

"Oh, Hey." his expression softened, his gaze shifting away from you.

"Did you have a good morning?" you leaned in front of him, trying to meet his eyes.

"Er, you could say that." he shrugged.

"What's wrong?" you raised a brow.

"I- Nothings wrong!" a blush crept up his cheeks, he sighed.

"I'm alright, don't worry." he loosened up, his breath steadying.

You wanted to press further, but Professor Sprout had just entered the classroom and had started yelling instructions.

"Everyone, we're going to be taking today's lesson to check on our own plant projects and improve any work we've done in the past!" she pushed around the classroom, checking each students workspace.

"Wood, chop chop! We have a lesson to get onto!" the professor exclaimed, clapping her hands.

Herbology was a breeze on most days - but something was off.

It felt as if you'd been put off balance by Oliver, it wasn't completely his fault yet he's now rotting in your head.

Noises blurred as you blinked hard, trying to shake off your feelings.

What was going on?

Was Oliver mad? Man, it's not like you meant to do anything. In fact, you wanted him to like you not avoid you.

The class drifted on; it felt a bit too long for a double period.

"Everybody, make sure you study!" Miss Sprout's voice rang out as you came out of your thoughts.

Everybody had already packed up - you had been left behind.

Sorting your books into your rucksack silently, you didn't have anything waiting for you except break.

"Y/N?" small footsteps grew closer towards you. It was Oliver.

"Hey, Ollie." you gave him a small smile, finishing packing up.

"Youuuu... You want to sit by the lake together?" an uncomfortable smile was plastered onto his face.

"Sure, let's go." slipping your bag on, you walked out of the greenhouse area together.

Fog spread across the field, winter had stretched out onto the field. Students now bundled up tightly to get to classes.

"So, did you ever enter your name into the cup thing?" Oliver turned his head to make eye contact.

"No.. Did you?" God help this awkward conversation.

"Yeah, actually, I'm sure you saw it." he fumbled with the end of his sweater, looking at the path ahead.

Oliver did enter his name into the cup - he said it would be nice to bring the prize money home for the family. The moment he put his paper into the cup, it shined a brilliant blue, reflecting a twinkle in his eyes. He seriously wanted to accomplish something in his last year, it had been eating away at him since last term.

"Oh, we're here." he took his jacket off, patting it softly. "You can sit down."

You looked at his face: his pink cheeks, awkward smile and his kind brown eyes. Maybe he was worth it all this time.

"Thanks, Oliver." you smiled hard, taking a seat.

You really actually liked him. You obviously had before but now; his change in attitude really said something. Maybe he knew it too.

That break you spent with Oliver - it was really confusing.

You really did like him now, he's always been so sweet and hardworking. The way he listened to you talk about stuff, the way he'd make witty responses to cheer you up. You were seriously falling.

In fact, Oliver seemed to have a change of heart aswell. He'd fluster a bit more easily, his heart fluttered at all the sweet gestures you made. He never realised it sooner.

-----

Hey everybody I know the ending is super corny and stuff but maybe if its too corny I'll fix it another time.

Sorry it's been awhile and I hope you enjoy it everybody