4. Trapped In The Snow

You weren't expecting to have to stay at Hogsmeade for extra hours, it was usually the time you'd be in the dorms snuggling up with hot chocolate.

Trudging back to the shops, defeated by snow, you took another glance around you.

It wasn't long before you heard someone calling your name.

"Y/N! Y/N!"

Dean Thomas was running up to you, inhaling very sharply after gaining a stitch in his side.

"Hey Dean!" You shivered, adjusting your scarf slightly so you could protect your face from the harsh winter.

"I-I was just wondering... Shit that was a.. A long run.. I need to ask you t-two things.." he sighed heavily, clutching his side.

You sat Dean down at a bench, wiping off some snow before sitting down yourself.

"What's happened?" You leaned on your gloved hand.

"O-Oliver wants you.." his quick huffs slowed down and he sat up straight. "Also.. I-I don't know what to get my boyfriend for Christmas, I've been looking all over Hogsmeade."

Dean was infamous for being single throughout all your years at Hogwarts, it seemed only now you realised you never knew anything about his dating life.

"Maybe.. Zonko's products and butterbeer? New quills have just been restocked." there was always some sort of wacky wizard object to buy for your partner.

"Thanks, Y/N. I'm just nervous because it's our 5 month anniversary soon." he chuckled, smiling nervously.

"So, where IS Oliver?"

"Ah, I think he's being dragged into Zonko's right over there.."

"HUH?!" You whipped your head around and hastily made your way to Zonko's.

--

Turns out he wasn't in trouble, just the Weasley twins' shenanigans again. "Come on Ollie! Help us get stocked up before Zonko closes!"

Oliver was strong, but against two hefty beaters, not so much.

"Can you let me go if I come with you?" he sighed.

The ginger twins grinned, noticing you, "Look who's here! Y/N decided to join the party. Care to splash money on Zonkos products? They're only the finest." George added with a wink.

You chuckled and felt around in your jacket pockets for any coins to buy goods with, "Sure I'll join in."

As you entered you could hear the roaring of fireworks while they soared and crackled. Students played with the items, wondering what to purchase so they could bother their teachers. Colours surrounded you everywhere, beams and smiles accompanied by entertained students.

"Let's get cracking, eh?" Fred eyed the shelves, a smile forming on his lips.

"Let's go look around Fred, let Y/N and Oliver plot their own tricks." the twins rushed off without you, leaving you and Oliver standing by the exit.

After a few seconds, you were the first to speak.

"Let's check the latest stock, I'm sure they'll have something we both like."

"Hm? Oh sure.." he followed along as you squeezed through the groups of excited people.

The latest stock was quite empty, some products still remaining. Zonkos must be popular over the holidays.

"Hah... There's literally nothing." you sighed, checking a small bottle that was left.

It was clear glass, soft pink liquid flowing around with small shimmers when hitting light.

You didn't know what to do with it, with no price label or idea where the bottle came from, you slipped it into your pocket.

"So.. This wasn't exactly worth the visit if nothings left, right?" Oliver joked.

"We can head somewhere else until the snow somehow calms down." you suggested.

"Yeah, I'd like that." he smiled, his freckles much more darker on his pink face.

There were many shops to look at, but you didn't need to buy anything.

Oliver hadn't said anything, he was just following you through the streets.

"How about that tea shop? You down?"

You both headed inside, the door chiming as you entered.

Madam Paddifoot's teashop was more of a date place than for casual occasions. Couples could be seen conversing at tables, some were gazing at each other dreamily.

It was only a bit awkward.

You took your seats by the window, taking a minute to just look at the snow. It was so crazy how much snow could be produced, but it was so magnificent at the same time.

A waiter approached your table, a cheery grin plastered on her face. "What can I get for you lovely couple today?~"

Oliver coughed harshly, "We're- we're not dating!" he sputtered, patting his chest.

"Oh my, I am so SORRY!" her face didn't change, her sweet demeanour was sickening.

"It's fine.. I'll- I'll get.. I'll get a cup of tea with 1 sugar." you struggled to make eye contact with anybody, it was too unwieldy.

"Uh, what do you want?" you turned to Oliver, not being able to meet his gaze, it felt too difficult to really look at him in this situation.

"I'll have the special tea for today."

"Well, I'll be back with your orders, lovelies!~" she bounced off, leaving her sweet scent behind.

"That was awkward." Oliver chuckled, a slight smile appearing.

"Definitely, but I promise they do really nice tea here." you smiled back at him, it was nice being able to hang out like this.

Just you and him in a tea shop, surrounded by the snow

"Let's have some tea and go check the snow after."

"Sure."

-----------------------

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for not updating and having such a short chapter. I've been doing schoolwork and stuff but I hope I can get back on board this. I kept stopping and coming back to write this some days at a time.

(edit) New chapter will be up soon I promise!! Enjoy the story