Chapter Twenty-Eight: Racetrack Higgins

After a little while, everyone else showed up. It was nothing too big. Corey, Elliott, and Amelia obviously, Corey's brother Zeke, Jessica, and Davey.

            "Would anyone like something to drink?" Amelia asks, smiling softly.

            "No, I think we're good. Thank you though," I smile back.

            She nods, "No problem!"

            "Have you spoken to Mr. Desperate any more today?" Jessica asks, walking over to me. 

             I roll my eyes, "No, I have not. Nor do I care to."

            "Come on Raceee. You gotta get yourself back out there!" She says, "Plus didn't Pulitzer say you should hang out more?"

          "Shut upppp!" 

          She laughs, "You know I messing with you."

          "Yeah, Yeah," I mutter. 

          "But seriously, what about him?" Jessica asks, leaning over and pointing at Zeke.

          "Corey's brother? Really?" I reply, looking over at the tall dirty blonde haired boy. He smiled brightly as he talked to his little brother, his green eyes lighting up. I looked him up and down and geez, that guy definitely is in good shape. 

         "Yeah," She smiles.

          "No. I don't know the guy," I say, feeling my face go red, "Where's Davey?"

          "Bathroom," She says quickly before getting back on topic, "Plus from what I've heard he's single. He would be perfect for you."

        "Shut up!" I muffle.

        "Come onnnnn!"

        I look around the room and see Davey heading over to us. "Oh thank god! Save me from your girlfriend!"

       "What's she doing this time?" He asks, laughing and wrapping his arm around her. 

       "Torturing me."

        "Not shocked," he grins.

        "Shut up," She laughs, punching his shoulder.

        He laughs and kisses her. 

        I haven't really thought about dating much lately. I just don't think it would be a good idea right now. I don't have anything in my life figured out. Even though I should be over Spot and me, there's still of part of me that misses him. Well not him, the feeling of being with someone. The feeling of having someone to call your own, sharing all your secrets with them. I miss it. Seeing everyone so happy, makes me feel out of place sometimes. Why can't I be happy?

       "I'll be right back," Corey says to Zeke.

       "Sure," Zeke smiles softly, Corey quickly heading outside to check the grill.

       I let out a breath and quickly walk across the room to him.

       "Ooh, I'm magic!" I hear Jessica mumble to Davey as I cross the room.

      I scoff quietly, a smile crossing my face. I hate that girl sometimes haha. 

       "Hey there. I'm Anthony. I don't believe we've been properly introduced," I smile softly.

       "Hey!" He smiles back. Oh my gosshhhh. "I'm Zeke. I'm Corey's brother."

      "So I've heard," I laugh. "I feel like I've seen you around before."