♛Chapter 3♛

++

The bot next to Prime crossed his arms. "So... this is the Decepticon. How underwhelming." Astrafrost glared at him. "That's enough, Jazz," Optimus said to him before returning his attention to Astrafrost. Astrafrost stood up and walked to the bars of her cell. "What do you want, Prime?"

 "To make you an offer," Optimus responded, his bright blue optics staring right back into Astrafrost's ruby red ones. "Whatever it is, my answer is no." She turned away from Optimus and Jazz. "Even if it is to save Cybertron?" Optimus asked. Astrafrost turned back to face him.

"We all know that Cybertron is dying- the core is failing. We need to find the Allspark, and restore life to it." This time, Jazz spoke up. "And, after you've restored life back to Cybertron, what will you do? Restore the cast system and throw us back into the Pits?" Astrafrost spoke, trying to keep her voice level. "No. I understand the pain you went through-" Optimus started.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Astrafrost shouted at him, unable to hold down her rage any longer. Jazz slightly flinched, but the Prime did not. "You don't know Prime what it was like." Astrafrost managed to level out her voice again. "You don't know what it was like living in the depths of Kaon- the gladiator pits, the pollution, everything. You know nothing, Prime, so don't pretend as you do!" She turned and went back to the corner of her cell.

"Your right. I don't." Optimus says softly. "I come from Iacon: a simple archivist. I know nothing of the struggles you, Megatron, and your fellow Decepticons went through every day. I'm sorry." Astrafrost glared at Optimus one last time before completely turning away from him, facing the wall. Optimus looked through the bars at her sadly. "I was originally coming here to ask you to join us, but I now realize that was a selfish move. I apologize for any troubles I have caused you." Optimus walked away from the cell, and back through the door. But Jazz didn't follow him.

He stayed quiet for a little, before finally speaking. "Look, do you think Megatron cares about you? Who's to say Megatron won't cast you back into the depths of Kaon again?" He leaned closer to the bars of the cell. "What do you think he's doing right now? Do you think he's concerned where you are right now?" Astrafrost didn't respond. Jazz sighed. "Look, just please consider. Optimus wants to revive and reform Cybertron for the better. He doesn't treat us just like soldiers- he cares about us, treats us like family. Just think it over." Jazz walks away, leaving Astrafrost alone.

Astrafrost does think over what Jazz said. 

'Does Megatron care that I got captured?'

'Does he care about me in general? Does he care about the rest of the Decepticons?'

'What is he truly going to do if the Decepticons win the war? Will he truly liberate Cybertron as he promised- or become a tyrant ruler? I've seen his capacity to lie before... who's to say he wasn't lying when he told us he was going to change Cybertron for the better?'

'Maybe I should take Optimus up on his offer... maybe he'll change Cybertron for the better for real.... but who's to say he wasn't lying as well?'

She thought back to her conversation with Optimus. She remembered when she looked into his optics- they were full of weariness and sadness, but they were full of hopefulness as well. She then thought back to Megatron, whose optics were filled with rage and hunger.

Deep inside of her spark, she had a feeling she could trust Optimus.

'Fine. The next time he comes, I'll tell him.'

'If he comes back...'

For the next few cycles, she spent it alone, with nothing but her thoughts. Eventually, she heard the door creak open, and she bolted up, running over to the cell bars. Jazz walked in, standing in front of her cell. "Well," He started. "Have you thought about it?"

Astrafrost stood firm. "Yes, and I've made my decision: I'll join."

++

 I'm sorry for the short chapter again.