2

"This place is gigantic..." Childe stared up at the elaborate building that appeared to be something like an ominous lair. Or castle. Or both, really, you never know. 

"Yes, it was designed by the Geo Archon." 

Childe almost jumped out of his skin. He turned to look at the individual next to him, slightly taller, with long black hair tied back into a ponytail. His outfit consisted of the Geo House colors. Although the school didn't require uniforms, many people had a sense of pride. "I have been assigned as your tour guide. Did you get your Vision certified?" 

"Oh, this?" Childe held up what he thought was the Vision. The stranger nodded. 

"Those are the equivalent of a student ID. They are expensive to replace. Please hold onto it carefully. My name is Zhongli," he placed his hand over his chest and nodded.

"I-uhm-I'm child- I mean people call me Childe. My name is Tartaglia," he tried to collect his thoughts but his brain said: guy hot. 

"Well then, Tartaglia, shall we?" Zhongli picked up Childe's heaviest piece of luggage and slung it over his shoulder. He grabbed the other piece as well, holding it under his arm and leading the way. 

"What I would give to be that luggage..." Childe muttered. 

"Tartaglia?" 

"Yes?" 

"Are you coming?" 

"Not yet but boy do I wish I was..." he muttered again, clinging to his Vision and following behind Zhongli. 

...

"In order to enter your associated house, you need to place the Vision up against this marker on the wall." Zhongli gestured with his head to the slab of rock on the wall. There was a barrier wall in front of the dorm area with the symbol for Hydro on it. 

Childe fumbled with the Vision in his hand and placed it up against the wall. The barrier disappeared allowing Zhongli and Childe to enter. "Do you know if you have a roommate?" 

"I don't...think so?" 

"Welcome," a girl with pigtails in her hair grabbed Childe's hand. "You get your own room because there are quite a bit more Hydro girls than guys..." she laughed a bit. "My name is Barbara." 

"Nice to meet you?" 

"I can show him around from here," she leaned over so she could see past Childe and look at Zhongli. "You can wait outside." 

"Allow me to escort the luggage to his room," Zhongli said. 

"Oh no, that's fine, I can help," she smiled. Childe tried his best to repress the urge to slap her in the face for ruining his time with the hot guy.

Zhongli placed the bags on the ground and stepped outside the barrier before it closed. Childe picked one up and Barbara severely struggled with the other one. "I'll just come back for it...oh nope okay, you got it?" Childe had doubts. 

"I've got it," she wheezed. "What do you have in here? It's almost heavier than Xingqiu's bag of books." 

"Uhm...rocks." 

"Rocks?" she laughed. "No wonder they assigned the smartest guy in the Geo House to guide you around school!" 

"Is he the hottest too?" he asked, once they were down the hallway so he wouldn't overhear. The conversation continued as they entered the room he assumed would be his.

"I certainly think he is. But, the others do show more skin..." 

"I'm starting to wish I was in the Geo House..." he admitted. 

"Ha!" Barbara shook her head. "Geo is completely on the other side of the elemental spectrum from Hydro. There is no way you could switch even if you wanted to. Although, Electro users appear to get along with Geo users rather well. Similar values, eternity and loyalty?" 

"Interesting..." Childe was starting to regret his element decision. 

"Let me show you around the common area," she grinned, grabbing his hand and guiding him back down the hallway they came from. 

...

"Sorry, did you wait long? Mona, Barbara, and Kokomi all got really excited when they found out another guy was joining the Hydro House and bombarded me with questions." 

"No need to apologize, the same thing happened when Ningguang showed up at the Geo House." Zhongli stopped leaning up against the wall and began walking. "The most important places for you to remember are the archer's arena, cafeteria, and various classroom locations." 

"Why archer's arena?" 

"Hydro users so far have been in the catalyst class and go to the archer's arena for practice." 

"Oh, you're right..." Childe was too busy staring at Zhongli that he didn't realize he was about to walk into someone. He crashed into the person and nearly fell to the ground. He would've if Zhongli hadn't wrapped an arm around him to catch him. 

"My apologies," the person said. 

"Oh, no, sorry..." he pulled his eyes away from Zhongli's close face to look at the other guy. Bad decision. He was hot too. Why was his shirt barely buttoned? His chest was too pretty.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled, walking past. 

"His name is Kaeya, he is from the Cryo House," Zhongli explained, helping Childe straighten up. 

"Is everyone in this place attractive?" 

"Did you think he was?" Zhongli looked behind him, getting another glimpse of Kaeya. 

"Oh, yes, definitely," Childe nodded. "I'd be very interested in seeing his skills." 

"Was that intended to be a euphemism?" 

"I meant with magic, I promise," Childe blushed slightly. 

"Shall we continue?" Zhongli asked, gesturing with his hand before he continued walking.