19

Childe opened his eyes to find himself still in Zhongli's arms. "Are you awake?" Zhongli asked. 

"You're awake?" Childe cried, clinging to Zhongli. 

"I've explained this to you already..." 

"Yes, but it's still a lot for me to handle!" 

"They're going to choose Electro next." 

"How do you know?" 

"Because finding someone to be the embodiment of 'freedom' is a very difficult task but finding someone to be enamored with 'eternity' is quite simple." 

"Do you think I'll be picked? I have a thing about eternal love," Childe winked. 

"I hope you're not picked..." Zhongli confessed. "I wouldn't know how to help you." 

"Well, I doubt someone can be the archon of one element when one holds two."

"I shall count on that," Zhongli grabbed Childe's hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it. 

...

"Sucrose," Xingqiu poked his head through the door to the alchemy lab. 

"Hm?" she didn't look up from her beaker. 

"Can you make me a love potion?" 

"Scientifically-" Albedo placed a hand over her mouth to stop her. 

"If she refuses I will assist." 

"Really? Thanks! I'll need it by tomorrow!" he grinned and walked out. 

"You know it's impossible to make someone change their feelings toward someone else. We don't have that kind of abilities..." Sucrose huffed, crossing her arms. 

"He doesn't need to change someone's emotions. He just needs a placebo. We can create something to amplify the original emotions." 

"You're a bit sneaky... Do you need to make something like this for your own purposes?" 

"There is something I would like to see," Albedo confessed. 

"You mean someone you would like to know returns your feelings." 

"I will not be using it, exactly, but I'm sure word will get around," Albedo grinned slightly. 

"This person, is it Kaeya?" Sucrose asked, pointing at Albedo. 

"I can neither confirm nor deny," Albedo turned around to avoid Sucrose's gaze. 

"So it is?" she snickered. 

...

"Chongyun, I have something special for you," Xingqiu held out a popsicle he'd made with the special potion acquired from the two best alchemists at the school. 

"Thank you!" Chongyun beamed, taking it. Xingqiu stared, intently, waiting for it to take effect. 

"Xingqiu?" Chongyun looked at him, a bit confused. 

"Yes?" his eyes lit up, excited. 

"Why are you looking at me like that? Did you want some?" Chongyun offered it out for Xingqiu. He hesitated but took a bite. Since he already loved Chongyun there was no reason for a love potion to work on him. 

"Eh?" Xingqiu felt his chest tighten. His face flushed. "Your popsicle tastes different from what I expected." 

"My popsicle? You made it for me though..." 

"You don't...feel anything?" Xingqiu rubbed his eyes, trying not to get too upset. 

"What do you mean?"