9

"You've been having trouble with your element..." Zhongli spoke as he walked, guiding Childe into the woods. He continued to hold his hand every step of the way. A golden barrier protecting them from the dangers. "I stumbled into someone the other day that might be able to help you." 

"Out here?" 

"He uses a similar style to Lisa's; however, he learned how to do this on his own. I thought maybe he would be able to help you." 

"What's his element?" 

"Electro." 

"Do you...know?" 

"Know?" Zhongli stopped walking and looked over his shoulder. "Do I know what?" 

"I'm not sure if I should say anything yet," Childe confessed. "I think I'd like to get to know you a bit more before I tell you all my secrets." 

"Very well," Zhongli replied and kept walking. The longer they walked the darker the forest seemed to be. He heard wolves in the distance. Howling and snarling, until suddenly a quiet voice spoke. 

"Rock man...bring...stranger...Lupical?" 

"Razor, he isn't an enemy." 

"Lupical?" he repeated. 

"Yes," Zhongli raised his hand that held Childe's. "My Lupical...of sorts?" 

A head poked out from behind a tree. Fluffy grey hair and giant floppy wolf ears rested on his head. A tail was hidden in his clothes. His ear twitched. "Razor is Razor." He walked toward the two and sniffed them. "Purple spark?" he grabbed Childe's hand and sniffed it. "Purple spark like me?" His ears twitched again and a small electro wolf ran around his feet. 

"Oh, purple spark is Electro?" Childe looked to Zhongli for clarification. 

"It would appear so." 

"How can you make such a cute little guy with Electro?" Childe squatted down and looked at the small wolf. 

"Heart," Razor made a fist and tapped his chest. "Purple spark...make friend...no fear purple spark." 

"I'm not sure I understand a word of what he is saying." 

"I'm not quite sure I follow it either. I thought this would be helpful but it would appear I have misjudged the situation," Zhongli apologized. 

"Is he a student?" 

"Not exactly. He technically was supposed to go to the academy but has too much anxiety when it comes to interacting with humans," Zhongli turned his head and smiled. "It would appear you are not the only one who gets special lessons from Headmaster Dainsleif." 

"Dain..." Razor smiled and his tail wagged slightly under his clothes. "Kind. Dain give....wolfhooks." 

"Is he seriously calling Headmaster Dainsleif by a nickname? This little guy has some guts," Childe instinctively lifted his hand to pet Razor's head. He didn't back away and instead nuzzled his head into Childe's hand. 

"Heart," Razor placed his hand on Childe's chest. "Purple spark make sense now?" 

Childe took a step back and held out his hand. He tried thinking about the fish again and it came easier this time. He'd practiced a bit before but even though Razor wasn't good with words something clicked. 

"Eh?" Razor tilted his head, ear twitched. "Water?"

"HELP!" a voice screamed from deeper into the woods. "Is anyone there?! HELP!!" 

"That sounds like..." Zhongli followed the voice and Childe followed behind Zhongli. Razor did the same. "Bennett?" Zhongli looked into a pit and saw a small spark glowing in it. 

"Hey! Aren't you the golden boy of the Geo House?" Bennett yelled. 

"Bennett?" Razor's ear twitched. He looked into the hole cautiously. "Bennett, flame?" 

"Yep, he looks like a Pyro user alright," Childe nodded. "Can you swim?" he asked. 

"Yeah!" 

"I'll fill the hole with water to raise you up high enough to climb out!" Childe said, lowering his hand into the hole to create a steady stream of water. 

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Zhongli asked. 

"Don't have much of a choice now, do we?" 

"I could raise him with a Geo barrier." 

"No, it's fine," Childe winced, feeling the weight of using his vision so much. He felt three times heavier. 

"The first step to using your vision is to realize your limits," Zhongli stated. 

"I'm fine!" Childe insisted. 

"No...no yell..." Razor covered his ears and winced. 

"Sorry," Childe apologized. He closed his eyes and tried to concentrate further, shifting the water so it would wrap around Bennett and lift him up. Razor reached down and grabbed his arms, pulling him up and out. 

"Wow, you're so strong!" Bennett grinned. 

Razor took a step back, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Thanks..." 

"What do you like? I search the forest a lot and pick up random things. I'll get you something to thank you!" Bennett grinned. 

"What about me?" Childe muttered, pointing to himself. 

"I think," Zhongli leaned close to Childe's ear, "Razor might've gained a new admirer." 

"They'd be cute together," Childe chuckled, crossing his arms.