eleven

Today was a perfect first day on the lake. I did get burnt a little bit but it doesn't hurt much.

I was currently sitting by the fire we had made. Everyone had gone to sleep already.

Luckily for me, I couldn't fall asleep. My mind was going crazy.

I don't know why, but seeing Heather cuddling with Owen on the boat made me uncomfortable.

Plus, hearing her complain almost the whole time made me a bit annoyed.

"You're still out here?" I heard from the back door. I looked over to see it was Owen.

I sat up a little bit as he came over to me. "Uh, yeah. Can't sleep. How come you're still awake?" I ask.

He sighed as he took a seat. "Can't sleep either." He admitted.

I frowned as I looked at the fire. There was a comfortable silence between us.

We were just enjoying each other's presence. "You know, I actually had a lot of fun today." Owen spoke up.

I look over at him. He kept his gaze on the fire. I could see the outline of his face because of the fire.

I smile softly even though he's not looking. "I'm happy you got to come. It wouldn't have been the same without you." I admit to him.

It was true though. If he couldn't have come, it would feel like we would have a piece missing.

He looked over at me. There was a softness about him right now. It felt wrong we were looking at each other like this.

I clear my throat and look back at the fire. "You know, I heard Charlie sing for the first time yesterday." I say changing the subject.

From the corner of my eye, I could see him stiffen up.

I wonder why he's getting tense. "Really? What'd you think?" He asked.

"I didn't know he could sing that well." I admit to him.

I glance over at him. He was thinking back to something.

"Yeah, you should've heard him on set. He was always singing." He laughed to himself.

I leaned back in my chair to get comfortable. "I bet being on set was amazing." He laughed a little.

"Other than being sick seventy-five percent of the time and the minor panic attacks, it was a blast." I look at him in shock.

I had no idea. "You deal with anxiety?" I ask. He looks at me like he's embarrassed or something.

"Yeah. It's usually not about one thing. It's usually about a bunch of different things." He admitted to me.

I frown towards him. "I know what it's like. I delt with it in high school a lot." He gives me an understanding look.

We ended up talking about a lot of different things. How he got into theater and acting.

How I got into sports psychology. He didn't know what it was so I had to explain it to him.

We started getting colder since the fire was going out. "It's getting late. We better get upstairs." I say standing up.

He sighed as he stood up along with me. We walk quietly back in the house since everyone's asleep.

"Sleep well." I told Owen the same as I walked into my room.

Savannah was soundly asleep so I made sure to get in softly.

Once again, right as I lay down I'm asleep. I wake up to the sound of thunder crashing.