8. Love Her Madly

Josuke POV:

So many people, so little time.

My patience had been really running thin for people in recent days.

I just wanted to keep my head down and focus on my project. My Y/N needed space after all. After the incident that happened with that girl in class I realized that Y/N wasn't ready just yet to know what I've been up to.

A couple more students were proclaimed to have gone missing. Everyone at school was starting to freak out over it, refusing to walk home without a buddy or group.

Y/N was concerned, but she usually walled home with either me or Celine so she didn't feel too scared.

Celine. I'm tolerating her for now because Y/N seems to trust her, but I can never seem to shake the feeling that there's something else to her. Something was off, and I didn't trust her one bit. Though, to be fair, I didn't trust anyone near my Y/N that wasn't me.

And Richard. Don't think I've forgotten about him. I just got a little setback is all. I was expecting that rumor to completely drive a wedge between him and Y/N, so I could easily finish him off without hurting Y/N. Instead, they seemed to become closer than ever.

There would be other ways to deal with him. Besides, Y/N was happier now that people were focusing on the missing students instead of that rumor about her. She would never admit that of course.

Y/N approved of what I was doing, even if she didn't know it yet. She had to. It was all for us.

Y/N POV:

"Damn! How are you so good at this, Richard?"

"Well I have to give you credit. You were pretty close that time." He complimented me. I suppose he was just trying to make me feel better about the loss, though I wasn't that upset about it to begin with. I just enjoyed playing with my friends.

"I did do pretty good, didn't I? I'll probably beat you soon, just wait!"

Richard laughed. "I don't doubt it for a second with your determination."

"Here Oku, its your turn." I handed the controller over to him.

We were all playing some old video games at my place. I had a box full of them, but currently we were pretty much addicted to playing a racing game called F-Mega.

"Don't worry, Y/N, I'll win for you!" Okuyasu vowed. When he wasn't being an absolute goofball, he was very sweet.

I laughed. "I'm rooting for you then, Oku."

It was sunny Friday afternoon. We decided to hang out at my place after school. Rohan didn't really like the idea, but I ended up convincing him. And by convincing him, I told him he could ask Richard more questions about himself and Germany and whatever else he was interested in knowing.

Josuke has been distant for the last few days, even at school, which was definitely concerning to me. We haven't even been walking home from school together. I always see him just rush home by himself.

Celine has been walking me home. Except for today that is. She left school early, said she had to do some shopping. It was fine by me since Richard and Oku were coming over anyway.

Celine did leave me a note in my locker before she left.

'Hey Y/N, forgot to mention that I'm throwing a huge party on Saturday at my place. That's why I left to go shopping. You're invited of course! So many people will be there that you just have to meet!