5. I Want to Hold Your Hand

Y/N POV

I could've sworn I heard rustling in the bushes outside when I woke up, but it was probably just some animal.

What's weirder was last night. I was asleep but sometimes I would wake up for a second or two. For those brief moments it felt like there was someone else there with me.

I could feel warmth and hear breathing, maybe even a whisper or two. It was morning now and I saw nothing in my room but it was still freaky.

I went downstairs.

"Rohan, you don't have ghosts do you?"

"Ghosts? What in the world are you talking about?" He closed the newspaper he was reading and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know, something last night just gave me the chills. It was like something was there."

He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Maybe you're just feeling a little homesick. Or is there a lot on your mind? Anyway, I'm not saying I don't believe you, but see if you feel the same way when you sleep tonight. Maybe it was just a one time thing."

"Yeah, yeah" I tried to calm myself down. "You're probably right, thanks Rohan."

"You can always talk to me if something's going on, you know? We're family." He looked away. "Don't tell anyone I said that though."

I hugged him, grinning.

"Alright, alright enough. I shouldn't have said anything." He gently pushed me off. "Now get out of here and have a good day."

Another day, another walk to school. Though something was waiting for me on the street corner.

"Good morning, Y/N! How did you sleep?" A wide-eyed Josuke flashed a huge grin at me.

"Josuke? What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you, of course! I wanted to walk with you! Doesn't that sound like fun?" 

"Yeah, definitel---" I paused. Taking a closer look at Josuke, I saw that his eyes were red, like he hadn't slept at all. Coupled with his wide grin, it looked a little discomforting to be honest. "Woah Josuke, are you ok? It doesn't look like you slept very well last night. How long have you been waiting out here?"

"Oh, I'm not sure, a while I guess. It's really sweet that you're concerned about me, Y/N, I'm really lucky to have someone like you around who cares. I'm ok though, so don't you worry about me."

I completely ignored his compliments. "'A while'? Josuke, why would you do that?"

His grin completely faded. "I just wanted to walk to school with you, Y/N. Is that so wrong?"

"No, of course not! It's just that---"

"I did this for you, Y/N. I thought it would make you happy if I waited for you, if we walked together. I thought you said you'd like it if we spent more time together."

"Josuke, I'm just a little concerned, that's all."

"Don't be, I'm better and happier than I've ever been since meeting you, Y/N."

Now that made me blush. "You don't really mean that, Josuke." I said shyly.

"Of course I do, Y/N! Now come on, stop worrying about me so much. Let's just enjoy the day, ok?"