For Thee and Only Thee Part VIII

You gave Combeferre a big squeeze and he looked at you with tears in his eyes. "He has been so stressed and on edge lately...all of us have been worried sick about him, to be quite honest with you. However can I thank you?"

"I don't know what I did!" you exclaimed. "First Grantaire goes sober and now the marble man is cracking."

"I can tell you exactly what you did," 'Ferre said gently. "It is your passion for the cause and fresh energy...you are exactly what we have been looking for. We have been quite let down lately at the lack of response from the people."

"That's because the people you're reaching out to are bougie students who are sent handouts of francs every week from mommy and daddy," you said, rolling your eyes.

"Are their other communities such as yours?" 'Ferre asked eagerly. "Other groups we could connect to?"

"Here's where things get tricky," you said, beginning to shelve the books from the book drop. "There are multitudes - but we all keep to ourselves. There's no way of knowing one community's location. We have our boundaries but we don't know the full extent of their setups. We keep to ourselves, they keep to themselves. There are probably one or two groups residing right here."

"How would you suggest we find them?"

"They will find you if you make yourself visible. Has Enjolras ever considered...making his speeches publicly? Say, in the town square?"

You could see 'Ferre's eyes alight with energy as he took the next stack of books. "GENIUS! Simply genius, (Y/N). Only you would have to persuade Enjolras; we had that conversation maybe once and he was not interested." He paused, looking at you. "That was before he met you."

"'Ferre, stop, you act as if I -"

"It is because you have. You have changed us all." He disappeared around a bookshelf, leaving you in your confused thoughts. His voice called from somewhere in the library: "Enjolras has class until late today, so you won't be seeing him for awhile. We can go and meet him at the university."

"Ha! That's a funny joke; they won't let women past the front gates."

"We can picnic outside of the gates," suggested 'Ferre hopefully.

"Ugh, that sounds so adorable. We'll do it. When is the next ABC meeting?"

"Whenever Enjolras schedules it. However, there's always a handful of us in the back room every night, helping each other with homework and debating...well, debating pretty much any topic we can think of."

"Are you going to the Musain?"

"Perhaps. I look forward to it tonight."

"Me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once your shift was over, you had met many interesting students. Joly had stopped by and you had told him to check in on Grantaire, to which he immediately dashed off, doctor's bag in tow.

"I do hope Grantaire takes care of himself," commented 'Ferre on your way to the university. 'Ferre had two classes in the late morning and afternoon, but he had come back for a later library shift and you were reunited once again.

"You should have seen him, 'Ferre. It was not good; I mistook him for being drunk."

"Oh dear. I hold much trust in Joly to help him."

You stopped to grab a bread basket from a restaurant called Corinthe. "Grantaire loves this place, and a few times, he has convinced us to hold our meetings here."