SNOW DAY PART I (Enjolras x any gender)

Early morning.  You were sitting enjoying a warm cup of hot cocoa at the Musain, and as it was a snow day, everyone was huddled in front of the fire, minus Feuilly.  Jehan stood at the window, admiring the snow.  You were curled up against Enjolras, who was fast asleep and you felt his soft breaths behind you.  All was peaceful.

Just then, Feuilly burst inside, carrying a shovel.

"SHUT THE DOOR!" Bossuet complained, as a fresh blast of cold air whistled its way in.

You shivered, and leaned into Enjolras, who had snapped awake and was scowling.

Courfeyrac groaned.  "What is it, Feu?"

"Friends, we've got a project!  Madame lets us use the back room for free, and she made sure to kindly hint to me that she's getting older and was worried about the snowstorm and clearing a path for the customers.  THEREFORE, we're going to earn our keep here and all go out and shovel!  There's spare shovels in the shed out back.  Any questions?"

"Yea," grunted Grantaire.  "Can I stay inside?"

"No, Grantaire," said Enjolras, slowly standing up to face everyone.  "Feuilly is right.  We use this back room, every day, and I believe someone is always in this room 24/7.  Not naming names about who spends the most time back here," he said eyeing Grantaire, "but we need to earn our keep here.  Please.  Let's all go out and help."

The boys murmured their assent rather grumpily, not daring to disobey direct orders from the chief.  

You stood up.  "Enjolras?"

"Mmm?"

"I - I've never shoveled before...never had to, really.  Living in the streets, I learned to bear the cold."

"(Y/N)" he whispered.  "It'll be fun!  You can throw snow at Grantaire."

"Don't tempt me!" you laughed, nuzzling his nose.

Once outside, it was pure chaos.  Bahorel and Courfeyrac were building a snowman and Bossuet was being pummeled with snowballs being thrown by Combeferre and Joly.

The moment they saw Enjolras, they changed tactics, and you gasped when a rather large snowball hit Enjolras right in the kisser.  Immediately after, you got hit in the neck.

"Don't you dare!" you laughed, immediately scooping up some snow.  You were afraid Enj would be humiliated.  "You ok, Enjolras?" but he was gone and you heard his distinct laugh coming from behind so you knew he was quite happy.

You and Enjolras made the perfect team, human snow catapult that he was, and Combeferre and Joly were beginning to realize they were on the losing side.  Jehan had his eyes covered and was whispering, "Oh dear, oh goodness me, this can't end well..."

Then Enjolras decided to cheat and he hit your back with a snowball.  "TRAITOR!" you hollered, tackling him and pushing him into a snowbank.

That's where Feuilly found you when he brought the shovels.

"What happened to 'let's all go out and help?'" he grunted.  "I'm sure not doing this all by myself."

Marius had the dull idea to grab a shovelful of snow and throw it at you and Enjolras, engulfing you in an avalanche of snow.

"NO YOU DIDN'T," you shrieked, grabbing a shovel and starting an all - out "sword fight" with your two shovels.  

Grantaire started narrating: "Aaaand it's Marius parrying (Y/N), (Y/N) comes around fast, OH! Marius down, 1-0, (Y/N) keeps right on forward, but Marius is back on his feet..."

Gavroche was heard whistling down the street, and he now turned the corner with several of his pals.  You and Marius quickly stopped the horseplay and suddenly pretended like you were working very hard.

"I heard the sound 'o laughter," said Gavroche, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh heavens no," said Combeferre, clearing his throat.  "We have a lot of work ahead of us.  Here, there's a shovel for you and each of your friends."

Gavroche raised the other eyebrow as he watched Bahorel and Courfeyrac placing Joly's hat and cane on the snowman.

"Workin' hard, ay, Courf?" he called.

You, Enjolras, and the rest of the boys continued acting like you had been working quite hard all morning.

"You a bunch 'o liars an' sneaks, you know that?" said Gavroche angrily, stomping to shovel the snowbank you and Enj had fallen into.  "Hmmm, this looks like a (Y/N) an' Enjolras-shaped hole!"

"Gavroche, please get to work," sighed Enjolras, glaring at Courf and Bahorel, who stopped with the snowman and started quickly shoveling.  "We owe it to Madame."

"Load 'o duffers, I know what you was doin' before I got here.  Settin' a poor example for work before play.  You're a bunch 'o kids in grown-up bodies."

Enjolras looked at Feuilly, who shrugged, and at that moment, it began to snow again - quickly.

Enjolras looked at you, and you turned to Gavroche, who was pouting.  You raised an eyebrow at Enj.

Enjolras slammed down his shovel.  "You know what?  Everyone, stop!  Gavroche brought along his friends today, who are we to keep working when we have guests, and when the conditions are unfit?"

A grin burst across little Gav's face.  "I wos gonna say, with th' snow still fallin', you aren't gonna get very far with any shovelin' today..."

"Hear, hear!" said Bahorel.  Gav turned to look at him, and got socked in the face with a snowball from Courf.

"You ninny, this means war!" shouted Gav, and his friends started wailing on Courf and the rest of the amis.  If Enjolras was a human catapult with the snowballs, these kids were torpedos.

You silently gathered up the shovels and leaned them against the wall of the Musain.  "Think Madame will be mad, Feu?" you asked.

"Of course not, this means more hot cocoa business for her, and we couldn't have done it anyway."

"Then why'd you make us come out here?"

"Why do you think," Feuilly smirked, and you watched everyone beaming and laughing and falling over and you couldn't help but laugh too...

"What on Earth are you laughing at?" you heard a familiar voice say - a voice which tugged your every heartstring.

You turned, and got blasted with snow by Enjolras, and so had Feuilly, because he fell right next to you.

"Truce?" you mouthed at Feu, and he nodded, then winked.

"Owwwwowwowowww," you both started moaning dramatically, hiding the snow you each were gathering.

Everyone hurried over.  "Now you've done it, Chief!" crowed Gav.  "You've knocked 'em out!"

He was promptly knocked in the butt by a fastball from Feu, and you took Enjolras's momentary distraction to pop him with several fastballs of snow right on his marble chin.

"It was an act," gasped Jehan dramatically, as he was promptly blasted with a snowball to the gut.

"CHARGE!" you shouted, and that got everyone going, forgetting which side they were on, throwing snowballs left and right, and it was pure chaos.  Jehan was the first to cry uncle, and Marius was right after him.

I'll let you guess who were the last two standing...