The Beginning

She was falling. It didn't quite make sense to her, seeing as she clearly remembered him killing her. What was his name again? She couldn't remember much anymore. She had allies, but she didn't because he killed her. Suddenly, she felt dizzy, and it was an odd sensation she hadn't realized she would still be able to feel when she died. She thought she saw the man who killed her, but that would mean she was alive because surely no one would kill him. Then again, the man in green might have. She thought they might have been romantically involved, but still, she thinks he might have helped her die. The man in the red sweater maybe? No, she didn't think they were close. But he had been betrayed by so many he had thought he could trust, and he did try and fight off her attacker. At least... that's what she thought happened. Everything was slipping, fast.

What was she thinking about? Maybe there was someone else who would avenge her. The boy she was friends with maybe? No, she put him... somewhere bad. She couldn't quite remember what she had done. The one that had sworn to protect her? At least, she thought there had been someone who had done that? What was his name? At that moment it hit her that she didn't even know her own name. How was that possible? She didn't know, and at that moment, she wasn't sure she'd remember long enough to find out.

Suddenly, the greyed out heart on her wrist became red, and she remembered. Her name started with an L, or maybe an E, and she was... was... she wasn't sure. Maybe she just had to wait long enough? Bdubs, she thought with startling clarity. That was who killed her. And the man in green was Joel. She still wasn't sure what exactly they were, but she knew a bit more now. The heart turned yellow. Grian. The man in the red sweater was Grian. The one who swore to protect her was Ren and the boy she thought she was friends with was called BigB.

It was green now, and she remembered the ones who died before her. She didn't know who killed Skizz, but someone had. Mumbo and Jimmy tried to kill Grian, so he killed them. Pearl died... somehow... a heart condition maybe? Scar fell off his mountain. Sucks to be him, but at least it wasn't her. Cleo, or no, Cleo hadn't died, just left her. She thought she was allied with... Impulse? No he died to... someone. E something? Tango? Yeah, he was still alive. At least, as far as she knew. And Grian was her ally because, because of Martyn! He betrayed him and went to... she knew his name started with an S, but she didn't know the rest of it. And Cleo! The guy with the S name and Martyn were allies with Cleo, and she thought Ren. But Ren didn't like Cleo because she betrayed her, and therefore him by proximity.

The heart turned dark green and she doubled over in pain. The E name was Etho, she finally remembered, and he did something. She was pretty sure it was supposed to be impossible and that it involved killing something, but really she still wasn't sure. And the S guy was Scott! They had been sort of allies... at least she was pretty sure that's what happened. She still didn't know her name, but she knew everyone else at least. Then memories started playing in her brain. She was remembering!

She looked at her wrist, and the heart was... white? She knew that wasn't supposed to happen. It was supposed to be dark green, then light green, then yellow, then red, then grey when she died. Her eyes widened when she realized that the colors had been going opposite. Was she being revived? Or maybe she was being transported to another world. There was a sharp pain in her wrist, and she knew her name. She had been named Elizabeth, but everyone she called her Lizzie at her own behest.

What was happening to her? She didn't understand and was rightfully freaked out. She was still falling, she noticed idly, and everything was getting lighter. As the world got brighter, her vision became more and more fuzzy, until she could no longer see. She thought she heard voices she recognized, but she might have been hallucinating. She felt footsteps coming close to her, and heard more voices, but she didn't know who they belonged to. The voices were painfully familiar, but before she could identify them, she passed out.