The tale of the one who died

I was once again in the hospital. No no I'm not dying. Well kinda. It was just another day for the typical person who is practically allergic to everything. 

    “Pearl what did you do this time? “ The nurse had said while turning around to face the other direction. Just enough for me to not be able to read her lips. 

    “ Excuse me, can you turn around and talk to me?” that came off much more harshly than i thought. “ I didn't mean for it to come off like that.” The nurse had just given me a death glare. I could feel that much slouching in the bed. 

    “Well I thought as someone who was here more than anyone else you would have a bit more manners than that. “ 

    “Im deaf. I lost my hearing when I was Seven. So it would be nice of you to do your job and accommodate for something that is on my chart. Now that I think about it, shouldn't you have my chart getting my vitals?” 

    You see what got me in this predicament was my mouth. Me in the hospital and getting someone to do their job. It was kinda my thing. Mouth enough and you will have people do things correctly or it will get you killed. How I ended up here was I was mouthing one of my friends jokingly and the teacher sprayed us with scented water. Yes. Scented. Forgetting all about the fact I can't touch or smell oranges. The smell of the oranges gave my skin a burnt look and I went into anaphylactic shock. I had left my oxygen and benadryl at home so i couldn't treat it. The next best thing we could do was get me hospitalized. 

As the nurse left to go get my chart a boy had walked by and stared a bit. I don't see why he would stare. Maybe it was the burn like marks on my skin or the fact that I was on O2 again. He was darker complected, dark brown hair, and blue eyes. He was wearing jeans, and one of our hospital's procedure tops. Along with carrying his oxygen bottle. 

                >>>>>>>>>

Walking was one of my assignments with the nurse. The constant “Cole, come on.” “Cole, now.” But it was something to keep me from being on a ventilator. Walking down the halls all of the rooms doors were shut. It makes sense people need their privacy. All of the doors were shut until I came across the room beside mine. Inside was a girl who looked like one of the burn patients, the only thing that  had separated her from them was that she wasn't bandaged. On the walls were posters and drawings. All kinds of art was hung from the walls and crystals everywhere. Along the walls there were books galore. I desperately wanted to go in and talk to her, but couldn't. My condition, Pulmonary Fibrosis, was keeping me from doing that. Pulmonary Fibrosis is a disease where the lung tissue is damaged and becomes thicker. Which causes it harder to breathe. 

“Cole, come on. It's time for your treatment. '' Nurse Beth urged. I reluctantly left. 

>>>>>>>>>>>

    Pearl, My best friend Autumn signed, Im Sorry. What did she have to be sorry for? I was the one who got myself into this mess. 

    “ Girl, I can read lips, you know? And I was the one who got myself into the first place.” I whispered. If any of the nurses found out she was in here, she would be forced to leave. 

Yeah I know. I am a loud talker and you know that. She signed once more. I mean she had a point. I was the one who started the conversation though. So in theory yeah it is my fault. 

 If you will learn anything about Autumn, it is that she holds herself accountable for me. I mean yeah she was like a mother to me. I had never really known my parents. My real parents that is. They had left me when I was maybe one? To be honest I don't really remember. A few years later, maybe three, I was adopted by what I thought was the perfect family. Spoiler Alert, they aren’t. Once I hit middle school they were always at work and never around.