Chapter 6

"He's going to kill us," a long blond haired girl said through a round of sobs and hiccups. "We're all going to die here."

I sat on the edge of one of the cots in the middle of the room next to Willow. It's been quite awhile since Ace had left us, but I have no idea the exact time. There was no clock or any way to tell us the time, so if I had to make an estimate, it's been about an hour.

A boy wrapped his arm around the blond girl's shoulders and brought her closer to him. "He's not going to kill us."

"Maybe not all of us," Matteo spoke up from the corner of the room, "but I can guarantee a few more of us are going to get killed at some point."

A loud sob wracked the girl's body as she brought her hands up to her face to cry into.

Willow got up from her spot next to me and made her way to Matteo, taking angry strides all the way there. I stood up immediately and followed closely behind her.

"What the hell," she hissed down at him with a glare. "What the hell was that?"

He looked up and shrugged. "We shouldn't lie to them."

"Well we shouldn't scare them either!"

Matteo stood up and scowled at Willow. "They should be scared!" He gestured to the door on the other side of the room with a hand. "We just watched our kidnapper kill two innocent boys! One of them was killed for entertainment! The other was ripped to pieces!" He dropped his hand back down by his side and rolled his eyes towards the far wall, a small chuckle escaping his lips in the process. "They should be sacred."

I looked towards Willow, waiting for her to snap a remark back, but all she did was look towards the other teens while chewing none too gently on her bottom lip.

After about a minute, Willow finally looked back at him. "I understand. Just please keep those types of thoughts to yourself. I just don't want anyone freaking out and getting on Ace's bad side."

Matteo rolled his eyes again and flopped himself back down onto the cot. "Whatever."

Willow seemed to want to say something to Matteo, but I quickly grabbed onto her wrist and turned her towards me. "We should probably get everyone to try and get to slee-"

The door rattled loudly which caught everyone's attention.

The atmosphere in the room changed from being momentarily relieved, to returning back to complete fear. Breathes were being held and every single teen in the room froze and stared wide-eyed at the jiggling door knob. As soon as the door knob rattled, Matteo bolted upright. His relaxed figure straightened into a plank next to me and Willow as we waited.

The rattling stopped after a click and then it opened, revealing the four boys and Ace. Ace shoved the boys into the room hard and then inspected each and every one of us from the doorway.

"Why aren't any of you in bed yet?"

I swallowed past the lump in my throat and looked around the room to see that no one wanted, or was going to say anything. I looked back to Ace and cleared my throat. "W-we were just getting to it."

His cold eyes landed on me for what felt like the millionth time today and he raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

I could feel my heart and breathing accelerate at an alarming rate. My hands were sweating and shaking. I wiped them on the sides of my grey pants and nodded my head to Ace.

He gave me a prolonged look before smiling and turning to everyone else in the room. "Well good. I don't want any of you falling asleep on me tomorrow."

Ace stood at the door for another moment before turning around and leaving, closing and locking the door behind himself again.

As soon as he was gone, everyone in the room let out their held breaths. Matteo relaxed again and plopped himself back onto his cot, resting an arm over his eyes.

Willow turned on me with slightly wide-eyes. "Why did you answer him?"

"I don't know," I replied with a shrug. "I just saw that no one was going to answer him and thought that he may have gotten angry if we just ignored his question."

"Sei pazzo," Matteo mumbled, his hand still draped over his eyes.

Willow looked down at him. "What was that?"

Matteo threw his hand down by his side and looked up at Willow and then at me. "I said, 'you are crazy.'" He sat up slightly and rested on his elbows. "If he didn't notice you before, after being really close to dying, he definitely noticed you now. He'll be keeping an eye on you." Matteo laid back down and put his hands behind his head and shrugged. "Well I don't know... maybe I'm wrong." He closed his eyes. "Anyways goodnight."