Chapter 24

You needed to walk the rest on the way. Oh held hands and Venipede walked on the grass besides you. You weren't sure how far or how long you would have to walk. You hoped to make it as fast as you could.
N spoke softly as you walked apologizing because he had you ride the sawsbuck. You weren't mad. You Couldn't be. N had done everything right, he had done everything he could to make you feel comfortable and safe on the Jonny over. He made you feel more comfortable near a Pokémon then you had been for a while.
You were confused though. Virizion may have been able to talk but you couldn't really handle being in the room with them. They still scared you too much to talk to them properly. It confused you why you were this concerned about them.
You had no reason to rescue them just like how they had no reason to rescue you. You had no idea that Virizion was even the reason you were alive. It was kind of humorous. Fate had done the same thing with N. Your humorous amount of interactions and run-ins, yet it took how long to exchange names? The summer was coming to a close in only a month or so yet you had no idea how the cocoon would soon open and a brightly colored emotion would paint your heart. How it would crawl and spread its wings.
What a humiliating emotion this all was. To care and love people yet not be able to say it is a tragedy. To love and to not have it returned is a comedy. Yet to love, to care so deeply about something, that you would kill and sacrifice the world, that is a nightmare. The overwhelming uncontrollable monster is the human heart. If it breaks and cracks- if too much strain gets out on it- a tsunami shall wipe you out.
You will suffocate in it. You shall be drowned and choke on untold confessions. Whispers and gentle caresses of a ghost shall hold you at night. Phantom kisses that burn as ice shall melt your skin. You will never recover too. You will suffer and even if you scream only bubbles will reach the surface. The gods may watch yet as fate declares this is the curse of mortality.
You arrived as the sun was setting. The sky mixed into a peach blush lining the horizon with lavender and lilac clouds. The trees and plants were kissed with a perfect golden halo. The cars and trucks shined and blinded you as polished steel reflected the hun's glow into your eyes. It was so harsh in contrast. You could almost picture the sun against Castelia City. The fractured light, the slight rainbows that cascaded down through the greenhouse glass. You never thought you could miss it before.
You never thought that you could miss the comforts of society. You didn't believe that you did. After all of the years spent sneaking into the woods and hiding from the people around you. You didn't believe this. The fact that you wanted to seek our humanity, you longed for humanity's comforts, You almost wished you did have a better understanding of it.
You weren't able to drive, you could hardly explain how to even use a computer. You had never been taught some of these things. You were completely unsuited for society, yet you would have been stuck in that house if you hadn't left. You may not have been prepared -you probably shouldn't have left- there was no going back. You would need to be dragged kicking screaming, hands cuffed before you would step foot in that house again. So standing among the crowd of people and feeling familiarity surprised you.
Is this what it came to? Humanity exploring and learning things, abusing their knowledge and power for their own personal gain? Is this what anyone deserved? Why were people so self-important, how could they stand there and watch quietly? At what point in time would someone fix the problems that humanity has created? How do you make the tears stop? How can you make any of it stop?
You pressed yourself against cold steel. You reached in stroking smooth fur. Your eyes burned and your vision was funny. You never had seen such cruelty outside of that town. You shouldn't have even been surprised. Yet you clung to the cold cage and you held Virizion's scared face. You couldn't help them, you barely helped yourself.
When N tugged you back and pulled you away from the cage. Wiping tears from your eyes you fought. Weakly, you pushed at his chest, pushed away his hands. You didn't want his comfort, you didn't know what you wanted or what had come over you. Yet you were forcibly ripped away with outstretched hands a shattered heart you reached out, grasping at air pulling on the sky itself you wanted to hold Virizion. You wanted to hold their cold body and their weak frame. You wished to go to them.
Yet you had to watch through tear-filled eyes. Ducked away and hidden behind trees and bushed the leaves kissed away the tears in your eyes as the men took the cage into the lab. You sobbed as you wanted to scream at N for not being able to do anything. You wanted to scream to tear and claw at his skin. You wanted to take your anger out on anything, anyone you could. Yet you slumped against the ground as N's tears dropped to the ground, mixing with yours.
You kissed N's cheeks. You wiped away his tears. You pressed yourself against him, wrapping your arms around him. If you didn't you would have destroyed yourself. You would have ripped apart the seams of your heart. You would have ground all of your memories to dust and let yourself be consumed with anger and disdain. You comforted N not because he needed it but because you would have found a way to make rivers run backward if you didn't. You would have ripped the moon from the sky and N would have been your witness. You couldn't have him see that, you would never let him see you lose yourself to anger. For him, you would craft yourself into a saint worthy of his praise.
You comforted him because he deserved it. After all of this time all of the ways he had helped you so explicitly, he deserved this. It was his turn to be held, to share a kiss that would heal wounds. He needed the comfort because it would heal you both. He let himself be comforted, he let himself cry and to have someone see his pain. Years of heartbreak and manipulation had bubbled to the surface. The years of doing everything for his father, doing everything for pokemon. He did it all for the right reasons. He did everything for the right reasons. He would let himself fall from grace. He would covet and let any god there is destroy him and cast him aside as long as he did one right thing.
An angel and devil and their beautiful duet. The mournful serenade. The lemon-flavored kiss that made time stop. You let your lips meet. You let yourselves melt into the kiss as the tears and stress that destiny had demanded of you. You let yourselves sob together and salty tears pool from your eyes. Everything may go wrong but you would never let him go. What a beautiful nightmare love was.