Avni and her friend+First meeting

Few knocks on the door, breaking dead silence engulfing in the room. Like ripples produced in still water disturbing it's serenity and calmness. White curtains dancing to the rhythm of shallow breeze with a meadow like fragrance, zilching the smell of alcohol filled inside the room. Black pair of heels thrown on the floor in a half hazardous manner. Entire place looks like an after affect of some blizzard. Avni is lying in her bed, still in last night's dress, hair out of place. Riya yet again knocks on the door, finally being able to produce some movements in avni.

Riya: Am coming..

Riya pushed the door open and stepped inside, but as she did, all of her inner self forced her to step back again. Freezed at the doorstep she exclaimed,

Riya: avni!! tune khud sharab pee hai ya pure ghar ko pilayi hai?

Normally avni doesn't drinks this way but last night she went a little overboard and why not? After a month of struggle, she managed to get herself an interview with the Book hounds publishing company, a dream sort of job for her. Last year she came to shimla and had spent a major part of the year doing small works and part time jobs just in order to earn money to prove her brother that she was big and smart enough to live on her own but last year didn't go as planned. She was done taking money from her brother who was apparently doing well for himself. She left Mumbai and decided to live here in 3BHK apartment owned by riya's parents who don't live here anymore.

Riya and avni knew each other from college days which made easier for avni to manage in dry days. She used to rent for two rooms in the apartment while riya was happy in her single room despite of the fact that it was her house. Many a times she told avni, what's the need of two rooms, when she occupies only one and apart from that, she could use that money somewhere else instead of wasting it on spare room and they could just find another roommate for it. Avni didn't want to share this apartment with one more person. She started paying for both the rooms so that riya doesn't go about to look for another roommate for extra money. Anyway, not avni, but her brother used to pay for those rooms.

Avni slowly waking up but her head hurts like crazy as if someone was sitting on it since ages. She felt like an invisible baggage on top of her head. Rubbing her face she sat back on the bed, eyes still shut.

Avni: riya?

Riya was busy clearing out the mess on the floor.

Riya: Ek baat bata, tune drink karna kab shuru kiya? Mujhe bataya bhi nahi

Avni didn't know what she was talking about. To her it was just noises playing in her mind, with no head and foot. Completely hammered due to last night.

Riya: Kuch puch rahi hu avni?

Avni: Haan?

Riya finally glanced up at her face. Suddenly, shocked to her core. Avni's head was smeared with dry blood. Dropping the stuff back on the floor she exclaimed,

Riya: Oh my god! Avni..

Avni opened her eyes, looking at her. Riya ran up to the bed.

Riya: Ye kya hai?

Avnu asked cluelessly,

Avni: Kya?

Riya: Tera sar..

Avni: Han bohot dard ho raha hai

Riya: Obviously stupid, tere sar pe chot lagi hai.

Avni asked touching her forehead,

Avni: Kya? Kaha?

She realized the pain as she put her fingers on forehead. Avni exclaimed,

Avni: Ah!!