Part 1: Helping Hand

This is set during season 7 but won't be containing spoilers. Actually there are no warnings needed for this story, just fluff!
Enjoy!
————

A menacing, dark cloud loomed over the land of the Hermits, blocking out the light to the point it looked as though it was already nighttime. Of course, Mumbo knew it wasn't, although the cloud certainly suggested they were in for some intense rain.

As if the sky had read his thoughts, the downpour started all too suddenly, making the moustache man grimace. Maybe he shouldn't have jinxed it; Grian was meant to meet him here at his base any minute now.

That's right, his small, mischievous avian friend would usually drop by every now and then to check out the progress he was making on his base, sometimes even offering tips on how to improve his builds. Although, Mumbo usually found himself at Grian's base more due to the frequent malfunctions of the avian's red stone creations.

Mumbo watched the rain quietly from one of his grand windows. The hum of water could be heard hitting the roof of his base, as well as the millions of leaves that surrounded him. The clouds had cast a gloomy spell on the rainforest, Mumbo had realised, a light haze lingered in the air from the heavy humidity.

Grian was likely on his way, traveling in the only way he really knew how to. He had always been heavily reliant on his wings. Unlike the other hermits, Grian didn't need to rely on elytra and rockets to propel him into the air. In fact, Mumbo was slightly envious that Grian was able to travel so quickly without wasting any resources.

Well, he should probably make himself useful while he waited. The engineer reached a hand into his pocket to produce a small, messy 'To Do' list. He glanced at the second to last box; yes, decorating that room was probably something he should get over and done with.

~~~

Mumbo looked up from his progress at the sound of something slamming in the distance. Ah, that must be Grian. That, or he left something too close to the entrance of his base, only to be blown over by the gale.

Sure enough, it was certainly Grian as the said blonde stumbled into his room, soaking wet and slightly dazed. His hair, stained a darker shade by the rain, stuck to his face in odd angles and his clothes hung limply to his smaller frame. His wings were an even bigger mess than his hair, the feathers ruffled and sticking out randomly.

"That's rough, buddy." Was the only thing Mumbo had to offer.

Grian's eyes met his as he realised he'd found his friend, and he offered a signature Grian Grin. "Luckily it wasn't too far to get here."

Mumbo got up from his work to move closer to the avian who's eyes followed him. "Where did you come from?"

"Shopping district, had to restock on some items in the barge." Grian mentioned as he ran a hand through his dripping hair in order to tame it. Mumbo noticed this, and began rummaging around in his double chest, trying to find a certain item.

Grian looked down as he noticed the towel that had been handed towards him and eagerly took it with a thanks.

"I don't have any spare clothes to give you though, unless you want to use my spare suit." Mumbo chuckled as Grian's grinned widened, remembering the time he borrowed it a while ago.

Mumbo watched Grian as he ducked his head into the soft towel while explaining the interesting parts of his day. He spoke over the sound of the thundering rain, drying off his hair and neck. Mumbo would try to focus on Grian's words, but it was his actions that really caught his attention. He didn't miss how the avian left the towel hugging his neck as he diverted his attention on the thing that seemed to be bothering him most.