●chapter nine●

Rimuru POV
I left the room because I heard coming from the other side and saw tanjiro standing in the corridor  and stare at me with a red color on his cheeks which makes me alittle confused of why it has that color.

'Is it because of the temperature or he's sick?'

"Hi tanjiro" I waved at him which seem to get his attention from wherever he was thinking of.

"H-hi rimuru!" He stutter nervously with sweat forming on his forehand as I frown.

"Are you in here because of you didn't want to get caught in the-"

"KAMABOKO GONPACHIRO!!COME OUT AND FIGHT ME!!"

'Nani?!'   We both saw inosuke brush through the door behind him make me squeak when tanjiro went quickly to grab my hand and pull me with him as we run away from Insanely board boy in the corridor.

'Aren't these guys supposed to be resting by now!It's literally in the middle of the night!!'

As tanjiro drags us to a corner where a door is and went out and close the door while we heard inosuke running pass us like a race car that doesn't have a brake to stop as it might be that way till morning as tanjiro pants while leaning against the wall.

"Well that was....quite unexpected" I said with a soft voice and laughs at this which startled tanjiro at first.

"Sorry tanjiro, It's just I haven't had to run like that for awhile now" I said as I hole my stomach from laughing really hard since it is true because back at tempest of work load with agreement between humans and monsters and obligations with the rest of the demon lords as I went to sit on the paroch and see beautiful stars.

"Rimuru-San,can I ask you question?" Tanjiro ask me as I nod at him as I feel him sitting beside me.

"What are you?" I was taken off guard by his question and turn to glance at him.

"What I mean by that is ever since i met you,Milim,Ramiris and veldora you all being given a different smell that I haven't identified where you four are not human and demons but something more" he tailed off as my eyes widened with what tanjiro honestly said but confused about 'smell'.

"Smell?"

"Yes,you see I possess an extremely sharp sense of smell that helps me identify people personality and emotion and that's how I know where to find the murderer of my mine and nezuko family" he said to me.

'That's what kinda of nose you got there😢'

"So rimuru can you please answer my question" he slightly demand as I went quiet as we stare at each other eyes.

'I would tanjiro but it's not for you to know in this world'

"I'm just a person that trying to protect my friends from getting hurt" I half lies because half of it is true other than milim and veldora can protect themselves from anything though I don't know about ramiris but I'm worry about the rest as tanjiro sighs with a gloomy shadow cast on his face.