Getting used to it...

Evan pov

It's been a few weeks here at shade. Me and Jane are trying to get used to everything. Jane was having a bit more trouble adjusting due to everything at Beacon. Which I completely understood. So I talked with the other teams and we came up with a way to help Jane adjust better.

Today we were going to hangout with team BRNZ, we went out to different places, ate and chat. Everything was going good till May asked a question that neither me or Jane wanted to hear.

May: Hey if you don't mind me asking why did you guys leave Beacon?

I noticed Jane was frozen so I had to come up with something quick.

Evan: We just thought that it would be better to come to shade.

May: Oh, ok..

I knew they would find out soon which is why we came up with this idea.

Evan: So if you don't mind me asking but why did you guys want to become huntsman?

Brawnz: Well we all have our own reasons, for example my reason is because I want to help teach those that can't defend themselves.

Roy: I did it to search for my parents since well I never got the chance to ever meet them. I've always lived with my aunt for most of my life and she'd always talk about how amazing those two were.

Nolan: I did it to help my parents with their money problems so that they don't have to live out on the street.

May: Same reason as Nolans only I did it to help protect those who I care about more than anything.

Evan: Thats all very noble of you.

Jane: Yeah, I mean I've heard of people who want to become huntsman for money but when you think about the real reason as to why they need it...it almost makes you want to second guess yourself.

Evan: Yeah....

Nolan: So, why did you guys become huntsman?

Evan: Uhh, well I uhh....

May: *giggles* Nervous big guy?

Evan:....*looks down in embarrassment*

Everyone else: *laughs a bit*

Brawnz: So Jane, what's your reason?

Thats when I noticed she froze for a second until I put my hand on her shoulder to reassure her that everything was fine.

Jane:...The reason why I wanted to become a huntress was because my ancestors were all brave and noble warriors who protect many people. And I wanted to follow in their own footsteps to become a hero to both human and Faunus kind.

Everyone at the table even me looked at Jane with a smile on our faces.

She looked embarrassed for a minute which I chuckled at.

Timeskip

Classes were a bit of a different story right now me and Nolan are in the arena right now since we were chosen to fight. My main question was why the fuck does he fight with a cattle prod.

Combat teacher: Begin!!

We charged at each other Nolan went for a swing which I blocked with my shield. Immediately after I block I swing at him which he narrowly dodged.

Then when I least expect it, he starts thrusting his weapon at me like it's a rapier. Which was a big mistake on his part since normally I knew how to deal with a rapier user. But...since it wasn't a rapier, it made it all the more easier so at one point I disabled my shield and managed to grab his weapon and knee him in the gut once he was on the ground I pointed my sword at his neck.

Evan: Do you yield?

Nolan:....I yield.

Some of the students in the classroom were quite surprised that i beat Nolan but I didn't bother. After that I helped him up and gave his weapon back. After that it was lunchtime.

Once we got to the cafeteria me and Jane were sitting with team BRNZ and NDGO. We were just casually chatting about my fight with Nolan.

Brawnz: I'm still a bit shocked that you beat Nolan there aren't alot of people that can pull that off.

May: Yeah, also how'd you know how to beat that fighting style?

Evan: Well during me and Janes time at beacon there was someone who used a rapier as her weapon so when I saw him fighting like that I already knew what to do.

Nolan: Ahh, that makes sense.
He said defeated.

Nebula: Well your fighting style could use a bit of work.

Nolan: Well....I guess your right.

Evan: Hey if you want to I can help train you.

Nolan: Wait really?

Evan: Yeah. I mean if you want to.

Nebula: Well do you think you could train me?

Jane: Wait but don't you use a crossbow?

Nebula: It's also a sword hybrid. The reason why is because my sword skills need a bit of work.

Jane: Oh...well if you want I could teach you since I use a sword as well.

Nebula: Wait seriously?

Jane: I mean if you want...

Nebula: It's perfect. Thanks Jane your the best.

I noticed that Jane was blushing from the complement.

Evan: (Looks like she's adjusting slowly)

Gwen: So Evan I was wondering something?

Evan: Yeah?

Gwen: Where did you get your gear from?

May: Oh yeah, where did you get that gear?

Evan: From my mentor.

Brawnz: Well does your mentor live in Atlas, cause I've never seen gear like that before.

Evan: Uhh, no he lives somewhere deep within anima.

Nebula: Wait is he part of a tribe of bandits?

Evan: No he isn't. He's the one who personally trained me to what I am now.

Roy: You think he could teach me a few things?

Evan: Well if you ever want training from him...you better pray that you even survive it.

Jane: You make it sound like his training methods could kill someone.

Evan: Well many have tried to reach his level of strength but no one ever could. That's what he told me. He even told me that he left his home town to find someone to train under him, thats when he found me.

Nolan: And I'm guessing that's the results right there..?

Evan: Pretty much.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast me and Jane were about to head to bed till I said something.

Evan: You know Jane I'm proud of you.

Jane: What do you mean?

Evan: I mean that your adjusting to shade very well.

Jane: Really? I haven't noticed.

Evan: It's a good thing. So when do you plan on telling them?

Jane: *Sad sigh* I don't know.
She said with tears threatening to fall.

Evan brought Jane in for a hug.

Evan: Hey, it's ok. You don't have to tell them now. But at some point ok.

Jane who was still crying a bit only nodded.

Evan: Ok, now let's get some sleep. Ok?

Jane: Ok.