Chapter 3

(ARMIN POV)

"The 200 hall should be.... here!" I hurry down the blue hall to get to Algebra 1 because the bell already rang. Since I don't have Eren or Mikasa in this class with me, it's just me and whoever is in there.

"210. 210. 210... score!" I walk up to the door that says 210 on it and knock on it. I wait for a moment until a girl with blonde hair opens the door. I nervously walk up to the teacher feeling all eyes on me.

"May I help you?" She looks up from the papers on her desk and up at me.

"Oh uh, my name is Armin Arlert and I'm a new student in this class." I keep looking into her eyes knowing a lot of people are probably still looking at me.

"Oh okay. Welcome to Algebra 1, I'm Ms. Treigle and you can sit in front of Ms. Hailey over there." She points towards the desk in front of a girl with dirty blonde hair who also has a lip ring. Hailey lifts up her hand and slightly waves and I walk over to her and sit in the desk in front of her. Ms. Treigle walks over to me with papers. "These are the notes and classwork for today and last week and also some other papers. You can copy the notes from someone right now." She walked away and went back to her desk and looked at the class.

"Who said that you could stop working!?" The class looked back at their classwork and was working again. I got out a pencil and got out the notes with today's date on it and looked at it. I turn around and face the girl name Hailey behind me.

"Uh, would you mind if I copied your notes?" I could feel my face heat up and I cursed to myself.

"Sure no problem." She handed me a bunch of papers.

"Thank you." I grabbed the papers and started copying them onto the papers I had. After copying them I looked at the notes and saw how easy the work was. No wonder people call me a nerd. I gave Hailey back her notes and started working on the classwork.

"Hey Armin! I didn't know that you were gonna be in this class." I look to the person who said that and see the girl Brooke I saw at lunch who's friends with Levi.

"Oh, hey Brooke. You're that girl who's friends with Levi right?"

"Yep that's me!" She chuckles a little.

"I'm surprised he even made a friend on the first day."

"I know right!" Brooke playfully rolls her eyes and I start to get suspicious of this girl.

"Um, not to be rude, but.." I turn in my chair and face her. "Why do you say that as if you've known Levi for a long time?" Brooke looks at me with a normal expression and doesn't even look surprised or hurt.

"I had a feeling you would suspect something." I look at her confused.

"What?"

"Okay this is gonna be hard to explain so I'll just show you." I get even more confused when she starts to dig in her bag.

"Are you sure you want to show him now?" A girl next to Brooke asks when she takes out three books.

"Yeah... I think he should be the first to know since he's the smartest." She puts two of the books on her desk and looks up at me. "Here Armin. Start with this one. You have to start backwards though and read right to left and top to bottom." I nod my head and she hands me a book and I take it and look at the cover. The title on the book reads 'Attack on Titan' with a 1 on the bottom corner. The first thing I notice in the picture is a skinless gian that looks a lot like...

"The colossus titan?" I mutter under my breath. I look up at Brooke and she seems to be showing a look of pity in her eyes.

"It would be best if you didn't read it right now. Just read it when you get home." I nod my head and put the book in my bag.

"For future references. I'm sorry." I look at her confused again. I guess I'll figure out what she means when I read the book.

(TIME SKIP)

I got off the bus with Eren and Mikasa and walked down our street.

"Today wasn't as bad as I thought." I said to try to start a conversation.

"Meh." Mikasa said while taking off her scarf because of the heat.

"Oh my gosh I was trying so hard not to laugh in Algebra because of my teacher's name. His name is Mr. Shaff, but it sounds so much like shaft." Eren busted out laughing. I playfully roll my eyes at the comment.

"Eren, you are so immature." Mikasa said in a monotone voice.

"What? It's funny." Mikasa rolled her eyes and Eren started to calm down. "What about you Armin. What happened with you today?"

"Oh um, Levi's friend Brooke gave me a very interesting book to read."

"Really? What is it called?" Eren asked.

"It's called Attack on Titan. The interesting part is that you have to start the book backwards and read right to left."

"Attack on Titan?" Eren asked. I could tell that just reminded him of the past life we had before we came here. I give him an apologizing look and he makes a sad smile and ruffles my hair. "Don't worry about me Armin. I'm just glad that we don't have to worry about titans anymore."

"We're all glad that we don't have to worry about titans anymore Eren. Not just you." Mikasa says.

"I know Mikasa."

"I better go guys. We just passed my house." I say to my two best friends.

"Oh okay. See you later Armin." Eren says.

"Bye Armin." Mikasa says.

"Bye guys." I wave my hand and jog to the direction of my house.

When I walked into my room, I sat on my bed and took out my homework and worked on it as fast as I could to get it out of the way. As much of a nerd I am, I hate homework. I look at the work in front of me and see the book Brooke gave to me laying there. I pick up the book and look at the cover again. "I don't see how this book has to do with knowing Levi, but I guess I'll still read it anyway." I open the book to the first page and start reading it right to left like Brooke said to do.

'On that day, humanity remembered... the dread that was a life under their rule... the humiliation of being caged like birds...' I continued to read until I got to a scene where a blonde boy was arguing with a few bullies. 'What's the matter heretic? If you're not happy about getting hit, just hit back!' My eyes widened as I kept reading.

"Oh my god! Attack on Titan is showing exactly what happened in our past life!" I stared at the pages for a while before I decided to keep reading it. I ended up finsihing the book in less than 20 minutes and was just laying on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"I can't believe it. Our past life in the form of a book series. That explains why it looked like she already knew me, Eren and Mikasa when we first met her at lunch and how she agreed to what I said about Levi. How much does she know?"