Day 2

JAY'S POV

As Ni-Ki, Jake and I walked up onto the stage, the fan's screaming seemed to hit a crescendo pitch that was making me dizzy!

I mis-stepped, and must have clipped the back of Ni-Ki's shoe because his head spun back to look at me, but what he saw on my face seemed to give him a moments concern; so he grabbed my hand, and almost hauled me along behind him.

Jake saw this, and latched onto my other hand, and helped to even my out, so I didn't pitch over and make a fool of myself!

I was handed a microphone, as were the others, and there were three stools sitting to side of the stage, with the bulk of the spotlights aimed there, a coffee table in front of it, and three unopened bottles of water, each one laid out in front of a stool.

A female 'host', had taken up her spot on a black leather chair, wearing a t-shirt promoting the boys, a blue, pleated, skater-skirt, not to mention the seven-inch stilettos and her very clearly, naturally-black hair, had been bleached within an inch of its life, and at least a pound of make-up on her face - and she made a 'token' effort, to quiet everyone down, before waving an arm in our direction and announcing- "Jay, Ni-Ki and Jake from "I-LAND" and the newly created Boygroup, 'ENHYPEN', Everybody! Aren't they just gorgeous!?" She squealed, as once again, every child/girl/tween/woman there, screamed their hearts out, in adoration.

Ni-Ki, did his usual little thing, which had the fans literally chanting his name.

Jake went up behind Ni-Ki, and picked him up like a feather and spun him around, which made the fans chant his name.

And I grabbed my water bottle to clear my mouth out, before needing to grab my microphone to join in with the other two boys. Once the first sip of water hit my tongue, it was like my stomach knew it was coming, and lurched violently.

I tried so incredibly hard not to let a grimace of pain show on my face.
I tried so incredibly hard, to grab my microphone and open my mouth and produce sound - but I knew!
I. Just. Knew! If I opened my mouth, vomit was going to come out.

Jake looked over at me, awaiting me to start - and he must have seen something on my face, and he covered for me!

"Jay needs a quick bathroom break, everyone! Sorry to upset the fans - it must have been bad sushi that we had last night!" He had to continue explaining when a few fans started to cry, and Boo- "He will be back within ten minutes, tops! Now, Ni-Ki and I have been dying to answer..."

I did not wait for any further invite! Once the fans were placated, I made my dash for the nearest Men's room.

Once locked inside a stall, my stomach was quick to lurch at all urine smells in there, and empty what little content was in there, and of course - trigger my bowels again, too!

So, I undid the belt holding my pants to my waist, and sank gratefully onto the toilet seat, just as the most unholy of sounds ripped from my behind.

Some guy using the urinal actually asked, "Jesus, man, you ok in there?", as if he was concerned for my health!

And again, by the time I was done, I was coated in sweat, just, utterly disgusting!

Having cleaned up, I splashed some cold water over my face, and tried to cool down what was obviously a fever building.

Then, I headed back to the stage to rejoin Ni-Ki, Jake and the host on stage to participate in the appearance.

Only Jake looked at me slightly funny when I got back, but it wasn't until we were done, and off-stage again that he approached me.

"You're sick." Jake said in an observational tone.

"Pfffft! As if! Don't you think I would have said something by now, if I was?" I replied back, a tad snippy.

"I don't know," Jake said, "would you? We love you, bro! Will you please let us prove you're apart of the team?" he almost begged in the end, and hit me with the puppy-dog eyes...

"Absolutely!" I smiled warmly, "As soon as I need it."

Jake shook his head, as he turned to catch up with Ni-Ki. "Take care, Jay. Yell out in the meantime if you need anything!"

 Yell out in the meantime if you need anything!"

By the time I got home - I was a walking zombie.
Beyond exhausted, overworked, underslept, sick - oh-so sick, fever, and noone to help clean the grossness up.

Ugh!!

"I'm hungry, but my stomach hurts and is clenching in pain at just the idea of food, but I'm going to need to eat!" I thought to myself, "But I'm way too sore, sick and tired to even wanna think about making anything. Fuck it, a cup of icecubes, it is!" I ended up convincing myself.

So, grabbed a small cup of icecubes, a pillow and blanket - and set up in the loungeroom on the couch in front of the Television.

I put on some old cartoons from my childhood, and relaxed back with an icecube melting slowly in my mouth. It felt incredible after how sick I had been.

I could feel my phone, vibrating in my pocket, so I slowly wrestled it out and saw Jake's name on my screen.
"I wonder why he's calling me, this late?" I thought to myself as I slid the green icon to answer.

"Hello, Jake! How are you?" I said, once I heard the call connect.

"Better than you, I would imagine. You were sweaty, pale and hunched over in pain before you left earlier. Ni-Ki didn't notice, but I sure did. You've seemed off the past few days. Are you ok? More to the point - are you well?" Jake asked me pointedly.

I contemplated lying, I did, but I honestly needed help and support.

"No, I'm not well... Uh, good pick up. I've been feeling so incredibly sick the last few days. My stomach is rejecting everything but icecubes - it's honestly sad, the weight is falling off me." I managed to get out.
"I know everyone thinks I'm an airhead, and I've been bailing early for shit all, but bro... I've just had a stomach virus!"

Jake seemed to contemplate my words to a minute, because he stayed quiet for a few seconds, causing me to ask- "Jake, are you still there?"

Jake hummed to say yes, but still didn't answer me straight away.

Then, he spoke- "Ok, first, send me your schedule for the next week. But, if it's good with you, I'd like to move in with you for the next seven or so days, to help take care of you, and build you back up to full strength. I know I may not be your number one choice for this job, but, I'm the one that is offering, right this minute!"

I just stopped, mouth open, almost dropping my phone in complete shock.

"Are you sure?" I asked Jake with a slight tremor to my voice.

A laugh echoed down the phone line- "Of course I do, Jay! We are both friends, and family and we are supposed to help and support each other no matter the circumstances! Send me your schedule, and I'll let you know if I'm coming tonight or tomorrow morning."

"Ok Jake, thank you!" I said happily.

"Not a worry, bye!" Jake replied.

After sending Jake my schedule, I must've drifted off to sleep, because I remember nothing until a loud, continuous knocking at my front door, the next morning.

Dedicated to bekahspoetry for REQUESTING a new chapter!!! ❤❤❤❤