Day 3

JAY POV

The continuous knocking, was enough to yank me out of sleep - eventually, but boy I woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

I slowly shuffle my way to the front door from the guest room, and I hear- "Open up, Jay! I know you're in there I know you can hear me, if not, you'd better be dead, my friend."

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Stop being so dramatic!" I said, as I swung my front door open to greet Jake.

He had on a medical mask, and stepped forward, as if to hug me, but I immediately took two enormous steps back.

"I can't risk making you sick, Jake. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Honestly, I've been sleeping in one of the spare rooms because I destroyed my bathroom and the stench is enough to make me feel sick. You. Don't. Want. This! Please, trust me!" I babbled out in a hurry.

Jake just shook his head, with a film of tears coating his eyes - grabbed me in a hug, and said- "I don't care. I'd risk getting sick to help you, we're family!" He announced dramatically, "But you could use a shower, Oh Supreme smelly one!" He joked

I pouted for a minute, and pretended to be offended for another minute before groaning, and saying- "yeah, ok. A shower does sound good. I need to find something my stomach can handle, for dinner - can I trust you to handle that?" I asked Jake.

He winked at me, and said, "Of course. You do you, I'll have gramma's soup ready, when you come down." Jake assured me.

And with that, I headed into the ensuite of my guest room to shower.

JAKE'S POV

I arrived at Jay's at the agreed upon time - and I spent at least ten minutes knocking on his door.
I called out- "Open up, Jay! I know you're in there I know you can hear me, if not, you'd better be dead, my friend."

And it was just as I was starting to panic, I heard- "I'm coming! I'm coming! Stop being so dramatic!" as he answered the door looking pale as a ghost.

I'd thought ahead, and had on a medical mask, and as I reached forward to grab him in a tight hug, he took two big steps back, with tears lining his eyes.

"I can't risk making you sick, Jake. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Honestly, I've been sleeping in one of the spare rooms because I destroyed my bathroom and the stench is enough to make me feel sick. You. Don't. Want. This! Please, trust me!" Jay babbled in one go.

I didn't give him a chance to think it over, I grabbed him in an embrace, and said- "I don't care. I'd risk getting sick to help you, we're family!" I announced dramatically, "But you could use a shower, Oh Supreme smelly one!" I joked, and Jay looked at me, almost embarrassed.