01.

**Moxie**

I still remember the day the doctor told us the news.
The news that would decide my fate for the future.
On whether I would be an alpha, beta or an omega.
I wanted to be like my older brother Mistral and sisters Lexi and Zoe, where I would be an alpha.
But the prettier I became.
The more my parents began to notice the signs.
Becoming an alpha was not what I would be.

"An omega." The doctor told my parents inside our house.
I was eight at the time and I felt my world ending the moment he told us the news.
I wanted to be an alpha so I could be cool like my siblings, where I would be better respected.
But I guess life had other plans.

"Are we sure?" I heard my dad question behind me as I stood in front of my parents while my mom read over the papers, scanning over it more deeply as the doctor pushed up his glasses looking right at my dad.
"We ran the test twice as you suggested Mr.Ellison, and just like the previous results, this one just confirmed your son is in fact. An omega." He told him.

I felt like I was only disappointing my dad.
My mom and sister Millie were the only omegas meanwhile Rhys and Monty were betas.
So..
How did it end up like this?
Why was I the one who had to carry on the omega gene?
This only meant one of two things.
I would have to find an alpha who wanted me.
And down the road.
I would be expected to carry his or her child.

I'm sure that just confused you when I mentioned her, huh?
See when you're an omega, you are expected to be the dominant carrier when it comes to children.
It's weird but that's how it works.
The alpha's cannot carry babies and beta's cannot produce them.
It falls on the omega, always.

So you can imagine the fear and disappointment I felt when the doctor told me at eight years old, I was an omega.
My fate was sealed and with every full moon.
Alpha's and omegas would meet and if some were lucky enough.
They would lock with each other instantly.

"It's fine dear, there's nothing wrong with our son being an omega." My mom's voice brought me from my thoughts standing there not even realizing how scared I was.
I knew this was disappointing.
I was their last son and here I was.
Going to have to give up my last name that carried the Ellison name for an alpha's.
"We can just try again." My dad's words felt like ice.
But unfortunately for us both.
My mom's last child was Millie, she wasn't able to get pregnant anymore after my sister was born.
So guess who was constantly reminded how disappointing I was as the last son?

That was eight and a half years ago anyway.
A lot has changed.
But my parents had made themselves well known in the city of Crossroads.
My dad Ace Ellison, was a leader of two different packs and the CEO of an important industry that would give families their results within a days time to know, whether their children were a b or o.
Meanwhile, my mom Laurie was a model.
She had that natural glow and model look that was hard for her to pass up.
And now it's something both Zoe and Millie are interested in.

Lexi is just focused on her schooling while Mistral, Rhys and Monty are working on their images as Ellison sons.
Within eight years, my parents changed a lot and we became the highlight of the town.
I hated the spotlight.
I wasn't a fan of the attention because I was reminded that I was just an omega, constantly..
And the burning question was always.
How does your family feel knowing you're the only omega who's a male in the Ellison household?

My mom and sisters did not care, my older brothers chose not to talk about it and Monty tried to support and defend me constantly.
Especially when my dad would bring it up.

"It's frustrating-"
"You are literally the only one upset over this." Monty growled at the dinner table two years ago.
Our dad glared at him.
"I'm going to be upset, my final son and what's to show for it? He's an omega!" He glared.
Monty looked at our mom and sister.
"You're making it sound like it's an insult to be an omega, mom and Millie are both omega's-"
"They're females, Monty." Our dad frowned at him.
Monty's eye twitched in response.
"So it's not okay for a male to be an omega?" He asked him.
"Not when they're the last son!" Our dad's fist slammed against the table.

"Okay, easy." Our mom spoke up wiping her mouth with a frown.
"There is nothing you can do about it Ace, so there's no reason for you to be upset. Moxie will find himself an alpha who can take care of them and down the road, they will have children. I understand you're frustrated, but it's been six years, so knock it off." She said.
Our dad stared at her before he let out a heavy sigh.
"Fine."

Two years have passed since then and any time my dad sees me, he's quiet and won't speak up much.
Which only made me feel worse as his son.

"I don't think you should let dad bother you as much as you do." Zoe spoke up in the family room with her mate Evie and our mom.
I sat next to Zoe with a frown.
"That's easy for you to say because you're an alpha." I said.
Zoe smirked.
"Well yeah but I don't need dad's approval on everything, I mean as a female alpha, he wanted me with a man but here I am." She squeezed the blonde's hand with a gentle smile.
"In love with her and soon to be married, you should be excited to know you'll also be an uncle." She told me as our mom's eyes grew wide looking at Evie.

"You're pregnant?"
Evie smiled with a nod.
"We were going to wait until after the full moon to announce the news, but yes. We found out two days ago I am in fact, pregnant." She was glowing as my mom lit up at the news.
"I'm so happy for you girls! I was hoping for Mistral to be the first to have children, but I'll settle for my second daughter to have little ones first if that's how this is going to go." She smiled at them.
"How soon will you have the nursery set up?" She asked.

Zoe smiled at her.
"We're going to work on it this weekend, after dad bought us that house, we have all kinds of space for it. It's just the shopping that will be exhausting." She complained as Evie rolled her green eyes at her mate.
"I will do the shopping." She told her.
Zoe made a face.
"You'll only exhaust yourself and that isn't good on the baby." She frowned.
Evie groaned with a laugh.
"Then we can shop together and you can handle the heavy stuff, okay?" She leaned over kissing the others cheek.
Zoe continued to frown before she sighed with a nod.

My mom's eyes fell on me.
"The full moon is tonight, are you going to participate, Moxie?" She asked me.
I blinked before shrugging as I frowned now.
"I haven't decided-"

"You should." I looked up to see Lexi there hand in hand with her mate, Bexley while looking at us.
"Full moons don't happen very often and this will be your only chance to possibly find a mate." She said with crossed arms.
I frowned at her.
"But-"
"I also want you to be careful tonight if you do choose to go out," her brown eyes fell on the others in the room.

"We were in town and heard more vampires are starting to pour into Crossroads tonight, we haven't had to deal with them in a long time but I'd hate to get something started if they choose to instigate anything." She said.
My mom frowned at her.
"Of all nights those creatures have to come," her eyes fell on me as her brows knitted.
"Maybe you should avoid the full moon's ceremony tonight, the last thing I want is for you to get caught up in that kind of drama." She frowned.

I felt my stomach twist into a painful knot.
"The next full moon isn't for two months.." I rubbed my neck.
"And the sooner I find a alpha, the sooner dad doesn't have to deal with me living here anymore." I said frowning.
My mom stood to her feet.
"You are also my child, it does not bother me that you live here Moxie, omega or not." She walked up to me.
"And as my child, I want you to be safe."
I blinked but smiled softly.
"I'm always safe." I told her.

She was frowning before she let out a soft sigh.
"Okay, but the first time you catch the scent of a vampire, I want you to drop everything and come straight home. If your dad chooses to open his mouth, I will handle it. Those creatures have killed too many of our kind, they are the ones who are always asking for blood to be shed." She was frowning deeply before she looked away from me.
"And I refuse to have my children's lives in danger all because they chose to come back here." She said.

"The vampires are back?" We looked to the archway and I frowned seeing my dad standing there with Mistral and Rhys.
Lexi turned to them frowning.
"Yes, we ran into Sunny earlier and she mentioned that more of them came into town, the night of the full moon ceremony." Her arms crossed.