20.

**Moxie**

"You're my dad..?" I questioned looking at Bane who looked at my mom.
He frowned at me before he nodded.
"Yes, your mother had no choice but to keep it from you because of Ace." He told me.
I frowned deeply sitting on the bed looking at them.
"Because of Ace?" It sounded weird saying his name like that but I would of confused myself by addressing them both as my dad.
Bane frowned at me.

"Ace would have made your mom abort you if he came to realize you were my kid, or worse, he would of thrown you in a dumpster after you were born. Your mom couldn't tell you because it would have only put you at risk, I honestly wasn't sure if you were ever going to find out. But when I saw you the other night, your mom and I went to town today to figure out how we would tell you the news." He explained.

I frowned deeply looking at him.
"I know it's a lot for you to take, Moxie." I looked at my mom who stood there with knitted brows.
"But Bane is telling you the truth, you're his kid." She told me.
I could feel my heart racing.
How was I supposed to react in a situation like this?
Was I supposed to jump up and hug him?
Was I supposed to cry..?
I could only find silence and that seemed to bother Bane.

I looked down at dark carpet with knitted brows.
"Are you anything like Ace?" I asked him.
The question itself seemed to confuse them both as they stood there.
"What do you mean?" He asked me.
I looked up at him with furrowed brows.
"I mean, are you disgusted with the fact your son is an omega and in love with a vampire?" I questioned looking at him.
Bane frowned at me.
"No, I would never be disgusted with what you are and who you're in love with. This is your life Moxie, we only get one and if you choose to love the one next to you with that life? Then I'll support you." Bane looked at my mom before he stepped up and knelt down in front of me.

"You asked me if I was anything like Ace? I'm nothing like that man, your mom knows me better than I know myself. For sixteen years Moxie, I had to pretend I didn't have a kid, I didn't want to date because I didn't want another family-"
"Why not?" I asked him.
He frowned at me.
"Because I was afraid one day I would really let go and forget about you, I'd forget about your mom who wanted me to have that connection with you, but because of Ace. She had to shut the door each time, just to keep you safe. I know we're sixteen years behind on catching up, so let's just start with what we have in common." He offered me a bag with the initials, H.T. 

I watched Bane for a minute before I opened the bag and my eyes grew wide.
Five Finger Death Punch.
Avenged Sevenfold and Three Days Grace shirts were resting inside of the bag as I pulled each of them out to look at them.
"How did you know I liked these bands?" I asked him looking at them more.
Bane smiled softly glancing to my mom.
"Well your mom was no help." He teased as she rolled her eyes but smiled.
"But she mentioned you liked Five Finger Death Punch, so I just winged it from there." He shrugged looking at me.
"Do you like them?" He asked.
I looked at him trying not to jump up with excitement.
I smiled at the other.
"I love them, thank you." I told him.
He smiled softly.
"You're welcome." He looked at my mom who was smiling softly with her arms crossed but the sound of knocking caught us all off guard.

Monty jumped up.
"Must be the pizza." He rubbed his hands together walking past us and pulled the door open, but there this was startled gasp instead.

"Monty? What is it?" Mom stepped aside from Bane and walked over but she froze and looked ahead with scared eyes.
"Mom?" I got to my feet and walked around and went stiff.

Ace stood there his eyes were locked right on Bane before they locked on my mom.
"So sorry was I interrupting something?" He asked slamming the hotel door behind him.
My mom stepped back with furrowed brows.
"How did you find out where we were?" She asked him trying not to glare.
Ace frowned at her.
"It's called a tracker Laurie, I had to knock on ten doors before one opened with our son behind it." His eyes darkened looking at Bane.

"My next question is, why the fuck are you in this hotel with my wife?" He questioned with a low growl.
Bane glared as my mom frowned at Ace.
"He's here because we just told Moxie the news." She told him.
He glared.
"What news?"
"The news in which you are not his dad, but that Bane is." She frowned deeply at the other.

Ace stood there before this laugh erupted from his throat standing there.
"Oh is he now?" He questioned.
My mom frowned at him.
"You wanted to keep secrets involving Monty, I can keep secrets involving Moxie. You are not his father Ace, which means you have no control over who he's with." She said with a soft growl of her own.
Ace blinked but smirked running a hand through his hair.
"I have no control, is what you just said to me?" He asked.

My mom glared stepping back.
"He's not yours." She said lowly.
Ace stared before he let out a soft sigh.

"And here I thought you and I could work on fixing our marriage after you'd decide to return, but it seems that's no longer the case." He snapped his fingers and my heart was in my throat when these alpha's poured into the room.
"What is this? What are you doing, Ace?" My mom growled shoving me and Monty behind her while Bane, Magna and her stood in front glaring at them.

"I've decided to take matters into my own hands, Church has agreed with me that the dysfunctional wolves need to be locked up and cleansed, and by dysfunctional and cleansed? I mean that you'll be mainly locked up and hopefully? You'll be released after you've cleansed yourselves into knowing that the vampires, are not good." He said looking at Magna.
"Oh and don't worry son, your kind have already been dealt with, we didn't kill them if that's you're wondering. They're just locked up as well, except they'll be starved until they rot." He told him.

Magna was glaring.
"You're a fucking monster-"
"No! I'm what's right in this broken world, you want to be a couple, just because? All you're doing is bringing hybrids into this world that will destroy everyone in its path! Your kind never should have existed, you're the spawn of Satan and like most demons, you should be dealt with. I've warned you time and time again, to leave my kind alone. You wouldn't listen and this is how we're dealing with you." Ace explained.

"This isn't right!" I yelled holding Magna's hand as I glared.
"Locking our own up and Magna's kind just because you don't want to accept what's actually possible? Because you're terrified of a vampire and wolf couple being happy? Your logic is fucked up! The only dysfunctional  one here is you, Ace!" I growled at him.

Ace stood there before he smirked softly.
"You'll be the first one that gets cleansed, starting with that disgusting bite mark on your hip." He growled as I glared.
Magna shoved me behind him.
"I won't let you near him." He growled.
Ace stared before he looked over his shoulder where the other alpha's were.
"That's fine." He shrugged.
"We'll take them by force." His eyes darkened and I couldn't even process my thoughts before fists were being thrown and I was falling backwards.

Magna and this alpha were locking fists with both their fangs bared.
The alphas eyes were glowing and Magna's were black.

I looked to my mom and brother and they were both cornered.
We were out numbered.
My heart was racing and my thoughts were all over the place.
But then it happened.

Ace pulled out a stake and was storming right up to Magna ready to swing but my legs moved on their own and I was jumping in between them.

"DON'T!" I yelled looking at him with pleading eyes that were full of tears.
The yelling stopped and the attention was on us.
I looked at Ace with knitted brows.

"This is because we're together right? You want to lock everyone up because me and Magna are together right?" I asked him trying not to let the tears fall as I stood there looking up at him.
Ace was glaring at me.
"That's right." He agreed.
Tears burned my eyes as they begged to fall, I laced my fingers with Magna's as I felt his back against mine.
I looked at Ace.
"Then I'll give you what you want, I'll leave Magna and I'll get with Church." I told him.

"What!? Moxie no!" My mom screamed as I stood there looking at Ace.
"I won't let you lock his kind and ours up because we're so wrong in your eyes, my dad or not, I won't let you kill him." I said squeezing Magna's hand who squeezed back in silence.
My brows were knitted as the tears slipped.
"I won't defy you, I'll do as you say and I'll remain by Church's side. Your image is everything to you, but these guys in this room are everything to me, and I won't stand by and let you cage them up all because I chose to rebel and fall in love." More tears slipped.
"So I'll let Magna go, if you'll promise to leave his race alone and not punish anyone. This is my fault." I said standing there.

Ace stared at me.
"You're absolutely right, this is your fault Moxie. You've turned my own wife against me, and because you're not my son? I won't feel as bad for what I'm about to do." He said coldly and before I could even question what he meant.
This sharp pain that set my entire body on fire, shot through my right rib cage and I could hear the pained cry leaving Magna's lips before I realized what had been done.

The screams were inaudible as the stake's handle barely poked out of my own chest, and was stabbing into Magna's back.
Before the two of us were both falling to the ground.
I could taste the blood filling my mouth as everything started becoming more and more numb.
I was trying to stay awake as I felt my body trying to go into shock from the stake that was almost all the way inside of me.
I could hear my heartbeat a lot louder and the entire room was spinning.
Which could be because of the blood loss.

This didn't feel real.
Not my moms screaming face.
Not the sight of Ace punching Bane in the face multiple times.
Not my brother being practically dragged out of the hotel room by the back of his shirt.
I could smell more of the blood now.
Was I dying?
Was this what death felt like?
When everything was getting cold and there was no bone in your body letting you move?

I could feel my eyelids growing more and more heavy as I lied there watching my mom slapping and prying to get away from Ace as she screamed looking at me, tears streaming down her cheeks as I lied there, the pain slowly disappearing and before I knew it.

It was lights out.

**Magna**

I wasn't sure what time it was.
But the ground was ice cold and I could hear scared whimpers all around me.
I couldn't smell Moxie's scent anywhere near me.
Everything happened so fast that not even I could react fast enough to move either of us out of the way.
This pained groan escaped my lips as my brows furrowed.

"Finally awake, sleeping beauty?" My eyes opened and looked right at Jensen's mate, Ziggy who sat in this bared cage looking right at me with his knees to his chest.
His steel blue eyes were black as he frowned deeply.
"Where are we?" I asked trying to sit up but hissed sharply.
"I wouldn't move too much, I'm not much of a healer, but you my friend were staked, so I'd suggest staying still." He frowned deeply at me.
I looked at him frowning deeply now.
"Ziggy, Moxie sacrificed everything, so why-"

"Why are we fucking locked up?" I looked to the left of me where Jackie sat glaring at me.
"That's a great question, you got tossed in here three days ago and the big man decided to keep us locked in here. He said we could rot here-"
"Moxie gave himself over for you to be let out!" I growled.
"Well Ace fucking Ellison lied, Magna! We're going to die in here and to make it worse? The fucker knows who our mates are and we've all been separated." Jackie growled at me.

My brows were furrowed.
"How could he know something like that?" I asked.
"He has a vampire on his side filling him in on details like that." Ziggy sat there frowning as he looked around.
"And the most depressing thing a vampire can die from is loneliness." He frowned.
"No one is dying because none of us are alone." I glared sitting up with a pained cry.
"I told you not to move." He growled.
"I can't just lay there, Ziggy! Fuck, Moxie needs me." I looked around before noticing we were caged in what seemed to be an old building.
There were cracks of light in some of the spots of the room, but not much.

"You said they separated those they knew were mated right? So where is Jayce?" I questioned knowing Stetson might be going nuts with his mate out of arms reach.
Just as I questioned it.
I could hear sniffling behind me.

I slowly turned around and there he was.
Cradling himself like a scared child as he held his knees to his chest.
His green eyes were bloodshot.

"Jayce." I frowned at him.
He flinched looking at me.
"I want Stetson." He cried.
My brows knitted.
"You'll get him back, we just have to figure a way out of here." I told him.
He only cried harder.
"There is no way out, Magna! A-Ace said we were going to rot in here, it wouldn't be so bad if I had my mate by my side." He cried sitting there.

"You're going to be okay, Jayce, just stay calm." Emmy sighed as I looked to her, she was rubbing her stomach and my eyes grew wide.
"Em, are you-"
"Pregnant?" She gave a tired smile.
"Yeah." She frowned rubbing her stomach.
"I was going to share the news with Colt later at the house, talk about bad luck." She frowned deeply looking away.

I sat there and suddenly I could hear everyone else crying and begging to be let out.
Was this really our fault..?
For falling in love?
This was one fucked up love story.
But..
I'll keep fighting for you Moxie.
No matter what.
Just.

Don't give up on us.
We'll see each other soon.
..

I hope.