07.

**Moxie**

"Where are you two going?" Mom stopped me and Monty in the hall completely dressed up.
My heart was racing as Monty looked at her.
"We're just going to take a stroll around town, it's not like we have school." He grinned at her.
Mom blinked looking at the two of us before she sighed with crossed arms.
"Fair enough, do you two have money for lunch?" She asked us.
Monty pulled out his wallet before nodding.
"We're good." He told her.
She nodded with a soft smile.
"Well you two have fun and stay out of trouble." She told us.
We nodded heading for the door and I paused seeing Zoe and Evie watching us from the family room.
Like they knew.

We stepped outside and I inhaled the air with a shaky sigh.
"We haven't gone out during the day yet, so we have to be careful not to mention cautious." Monty told me.
I frowned with a nod.
"I know." I said tightly looking around as we walked further down the road until our house was out of sight.

"So Magna wants to hang out and he's going to have friends with him?" Monty asked walking next to me.
I nodded looking at the other.
"Yeah, he wanted to hang out and I guess he wanted to introduce us to his friends." I told the other.
Monty frowned, rubbing the side of his neck.
"Do... Do you think Joshua will be there?" He asked me.
I blinked.
"I thought you were over that idea?" I questioned.
He frowned looking away from me.

"I don't know, he showed up the other night and said some things, so I agreed to give him a second chance since I kind of over reacted." He explained.
I bit my lip before nodding as we paused at the end of Crossroads, where Cross Fade's sign greeted us.

"If we step through, we're bound to be seen by other vampires who may feel indifferent towards us." Monty commented.
My chest was squeezing me tightly but I nodded.
"I know that." I said stepping past the sign and kept walking.

We looked around frowning and I could feel eyes on us.
Monty was feeling it too because he walked closer to me until we were standing in front of a cafe.
I stared at it at first before inhaling some air and stepped into the cooler building.
You could smell coffee and fried foods, which only made my stomach growl.
I didn't eat breakfast earlier because I was too distracted with making my family question my life choices.

"Hey you two." I turned and felt myself relaxing seeing Magna there with this guy who had messy black hair and steel blue eyes, he was looking everywhere else but at us.
"Hey." I greeted him as Magna smiled, his eyes fell on Monty for a minute before he motioned for us to follow him.

"I'm surprised you came out during the day." He commented as I walked next to the other.
I nibbled my lip.
"It was kind of like an adrenaline rush I guess." I told him as Magna smirked.
"Well no one here in the cafe is going to rat you two out for being here, so you can breathe." He told us.
I nodded with a soft smile.
"Cool." I said following him over to a long table where others were already sitting.

"Guys, this is Moxie and Monty Ellison." He introduced us to the ones at the table, immediately their eyes were set on us.
"And these guys are Jackie Harris, Colt Adams, Emmy Lynn, Ziggy Torres and Rocky Fox." He introduced them to us.
"A few of us are running late, but this is where we usually hang out for coffee and snacks." He explained.

I was hesitant to sit but Emmy was quick to pull back two chairs with a soft smile.
"Don't be strangers, if you're Magna's friends, you are my friends too." She grinned.
I blinked but smiled walking over and took a seat as Monty followed.
He was looking for someone and I guess that was Joshua.
But I didn't see him.
Maybe he was one of the ones running late?

"So what brought this on?" I think Rocky questioned looking at us.
"Why are you two suddenly wanting to be around vampires, isn't your kind supposed to like," he smirked softly with an arched brow.
"Hate us? Because you know, we're these blood thirsty killers." He said earning the brunet next to him to smirk at the other.

I frowned softly at him.
"I don't agree with that considering me and my brother walked into a party the other night with a house full of vampires, and no one attacked us. We met with Magna on the streets and still, no one attacked and today. Here we are completely out-numbered and no one seems like they want to kill us." I responded with a soft frown.
"Well that's because you haven't given us a reason." Rocky smirked at me as I frowned but glanced to Emmy who was frowning.

"Don't scare these two away, Magna is actually interested in this one and I hate to admit it, but I am too. Crossroads and Cross Fade has never seen eye to eye, because of how our ancestors acted before us. We're automatically thrown in the same category as them, we're seen as those same monsters like they were. No one in this town even acts like that, and if they do they leave town to have a tantrum or whatever it is. Because they don't want to make the rest of us look like them, that's how we've been surviving up until this point." She said frowning.

Ziggy glanced to her and he looked around frowning.
"Yeah well things are fixing to get rough for us, according to Jensen, when him and Kyrie went on a hunt the other night, they overheard a few wolves talking and apparently there are fixing to be more alpha's coming to Crossroads to kill us." He spoke bitterly.
I felt Magna's eyes on me.

"Is that true?" He questioned.
My brows knitted.
"We're working on a way to convince our dad to drop it, but he's stubborn and-"
"And he's god damn Ace Ellison, always looking for a way to kill vampires just because." Rocky growled now glaring.
"If I had been his son and knew the kind of shit he was pulling? I would either run or I'd kill myself, vampires haven't attacked wolves in years and he's always looking for a reason to kill us, just because a few bunnies and deer go missing! Humans haven't existed in decades because they either died, or they were turned into a wolf or a vampire. We don't attack wolves because we're not that fucking stupid." He hissed bitterly.

"Okay, easy." Jackie smirked softly at the other black haired vampire with soft blue eyes.
"It just pisses me off! I mean why does your dad want us dead so bad? We haven't done anything wrong, we're just trying to live in our fair share of the town, we haven't caused any problems but that's still not enough to make him back off? Seriously, do we need to kill a few wolves just to give him a reason for war?" He demanded.

"Whoa, whoa, okay whoa." I looked up and glanced to Monty who was trying not to react seeing Joshua there with this guy who had slicked back brown hair and light brown eyes.
"Jackie, control your mate before even more shit hits the ceiling, what the heck is going on here?" He asked and his eyes were on Monty who was avoiding eye contact which seemed to amuse the other.

Magna's fingers were laced together frowning before he looked up at the two.
"Apparently Ace Ellison is trying to eliminate every vampire for no reason at all, I don't really agree with violence but I can understand Rocky's anger about this. We've been keeping a low profile just so the wolves will stay off their periods, but Ace wants us dead regardless of our good behavior." He said.

Joshua's brows furrowed before he took a seat.
"Will wolves and vampires ever see eye to eye, or will it always be like this? Hiding and avoiding?" He frowned.
I looked to Monty then at the table frowning.

"Our dad is being cruel because we've been defending the vampires.. He doesn't like the fact we're pretty much saying the wolves are the bad guys, and I guess it got under his skin... He's even pushing for an alpha to claim me when they arrive." My face was starting to burn because I forgot to apologize to Magna the moment I saw him earlier.

"Wait, wait wait." Emmy looked at me.
"You're not allowed to choose who you're mated to? Why?" She frowned.
I frowned at her.
"Because I'm an omega and Ace's son, he said omega's don't get a say on who picks them. We're just supposed to please and produce." The words tasted bitter on my tongue and I was starting to feel angry thinking about it.

"So what if a vampire marked you?"
My heart was racing as everyone sat there with wide eyes looking at Magna.
He was looking right at me.
I was blushing looking at him.
"I can only guess he would kick me out, I don't know if he would keep coming after vampires if I left, b-but... There's also that chance he would try to slaughter all of Cross Fade because his son chose vampires over his family, even though he hasn't wanted anything to do with me because I'm an omega. It took the full moon ceremony for him to actually acknowledge me, but that's because I met you." I looked at Magna.

Everyone was quiet for a minute.
"I can't imagine having my mate picking me out in a crowd." Ziggy spoke up now looking at the brunet who walked in with Joshua.
"If I'm not allowed to have a say on who I'm marked by, I would have stayed single and dealt with a hundred cats or something. Apparently you wolves have it a lot more rough than we do, besides the whole, wanting us dead part." He shrugged.

I frowned softly as Monty looked at me now.
"We may want to wrap this up soon, now that they know we're talking about vampires, I'm starting to think Mistral or Lexi will be spying around the corner or something." His eyes fell on Joshua.
"And I don't want to get these guys in trouble all because we're rebelling right now." He said.
I frowned softly.

Joshua looked at him.
"No offense but I wouldn't mind punching a wolf in the face right about now, family or not, I can't respect someone who controls someone else's future like your dad is doing." He frowned deeply looking at me.
"You should be allowed to choose who you know you'll be happy with, not who's going to make your family image look good. It's pissing me off just thinking about it." He growled softly.

I gave off a sad smile looking out the window as the sky started turning darker.
"We're going to figure it out." I stood up and Magna joined me.
"Can I talk to you, privately?" He requested.
I blinked as Monty sat there frowning at us.
I nibbled my lip.
"It'll be quick." I told Monty who sighed but nodded.
"Alright." He said as I followed Magna out of the cafe and down the alley.

"Moxie, if you want out of that family, just say the word and I'll move you into my house." He told me as my eyes grew wide.
"What? But you don't know me, I-I mean.." My face was burning looking at him frowning with knitted brows.
"I don't want to put you in danger, Magna." I told him.
Magna smiled softly looking at me.
"You're not twisting my arm about this, how about a few days at least? Just so you can breathe, if you have to lie about it. You lie." He explained as I frowned softly.
"But what does staying with you for a few days do?"
"It helps the two of us learn about each other, and if we really want to test the waters by me marking you." He told me.

My face grew warm.
"M-Mark me?"
Magna stepped up carefully cupping my cheek.
"Uh huh, I don't know what wolves feel when they feel a connection between someone else. But the moment I saw you, that connection drew out.. I like you, Moxie." He told me.
I stood there with a burning face with knitted brows.
"I felt that connection too.." I went to look away but he stopped me, his eyes locked on mine for a minute before they fell on my lips.
I looked at him as I felt my eyes slowly closing at the feeling of his lips on mine.

"Stay with me." He told me.
"For a few days, if we're right on this connection and I mark you as mine, those alpha's can't do anything about your future anymore. You'll be my responsibility." He explained as my face burned with tears in my eyes.
"But what if I'm not right for you? What if I cause you more trouble than I'm worth?" I asked him.
Magna smirked softly.
"That's for me to decide, talk to some of your wolf buddies on who you know wouldn't rat you out, then come find me in a few days. Don't worry about clothes or anything like that, I'll handle everything else but," he took my hand.
"Let's try, okay?"
I stood there with knitted brows and teary eyes.

"Okay." I agreed.