21.

**Moxie**

My head was pounding and I could taste medicine like it was being put inside of me.
My heart was beating slower and I felt so tired.
The last thing I remembered..
My eyes shot open and I tried to sit up but only cried out in pain.

"Finally awake?" My blood ran ice cold looking in his direction.
The anger was boiling inside of me because he was one of the last faces I wanted to see right now.

"Where are my mom and brother, Church?" I glared at him.
Church stood there leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, his eyes on me as he frowned.
"They're inside the house, just like you are. The three of you are just being highly watched." He told me as I frowned deeply at him, my fingers digging into the mattress of the bed.
"Why? Because we were actually enjoying our lives, because Ace was actually fucking alone?" I growled.

Church smirked.
"Quite mouthy given the position you are in, Ace confirmed you gave up that mate of yours if it meant he'd let them live. But Ace never promised anything, did he?" He asked me and I could feel my heart racing now.
"What are you saying?" I asked him lowly.
Church watched me.
"I'm saying your little sacrifice did absolutely nothing, that mate of yours and his kind? They're locked up." He told me and I watched this cruel smirk appear on his face, watching the color draining from my face.

"Where are they?" I growled.
Church scoffed looking towards the window.
"It doesn't matter-"
"WHERE ARE THEY?!" I demanded.
Church looked at me.
"They're locked up tight inside of that old catholic church down the road, you can go there if you want, but there's only one person who has the keys that'll let them all out." He shrugged.
My brows were knitted.
"Ace-"
"Nope." He smirked softly looking at me.
"That would be too easy for you, try again." He told me.

I sat there as my brows furrowed before I looked away and my heart began racing, I looked back to him.
"Mistral." I got out.
Church smirked deviously stepping backwards towards the door.
"You have no chance in saving those creatures Moxie, honestly, Ace helped me knock at least one of the birds out with that stone. All that's left is to kill him now." He shrugged and my eyes grew wide.
"What..?" My brows knitted.
Church blinked.
"Oh, did I say that out loud?" He questioned and my eyes were wide.

"You're planning on killing my dad?" I asked him and I felt myself scooting back against the bed fast the moment he stormed up to me.
He grabbed the chains I had no idea I was attached to and he pulled me forward.

"He's not your dad remember? That outsider, Bane Silver is." He smirked looking down at me.
"And to think that man thought I'd seriously still want an omega who isn't even full Ellison, you're barely worth what you started out as, and you can thank your new dad for that. Your ratings dropped and so did your image, no one is interested in a brat who's only half of something." He told me.

I glared looking up at him.
"So what would have happened to me if we had returned to Sun Rise? Would you of killed me?" I asked him.
Church smirked softly.
"That would be a tempting idea, honestly I didn't even consider killing you." He admitted with a shrug.
"But it's not like it would have damaged my image any less with you being part mutt." He told me as I glared.
"What is that supposed to mean? Part mutt?" I glared.
"It means Bane Silver is trash if he has no power in his corner." He told me.

His eyes fell on my chains.
"Just like you have no power being restrained to this very bed." He smirked softly.
"You wanted to run and help your vampire friends right? Well you can't exactly do that, when your very brother holds the key that unlocks these chains you're bound to." He caressed my face as I growled feeling the shivers racing through my body now.
"I'll find a way to convince Mistral to let me go, he'll be more willing once he finds out you're planning on killing Ace." I growled at him.

Church smiled at me as he leaned in.
"What makes you think, he doesn't already know?" He whispered as my blood ran ice cold.
"There's no way Mistral would let you kill his dad! He respects him-"
"Does he? Who do you think told me you ran off the night we were at the hotel?" He asked me as my heart pounded against my chest.
"Better yet, who do you think told Ace that you were off sleeping with a vampire to begin with?" He smirked at me as my brows knitted.

Church smirked softly at me.
"Mistral has never been in his dads corner, he just wanted a reason to be cruel. He wants Ace dead just as much as everyone else does." He told me as I sat there frowning deeply.
"Not everyone wants him dead!"
"Are you saying you don't?" He grabbed the chain that was connected to the collar around my neck, tugging it forward.

I glared at him.
"I hate him and don't want him in my life, but I'd never want him to die. I'm not a heartless monster!" I growled at him.
Church looked at me with this devious smile.
"I know, that's what makes this so much more fun for me." He told me as I glared at him.
"What did Ace do to you?" I asked him lowly.
He stared before his grip on the chain loosened.

"What did he do? Hm that's a good question, let's start with the basics. He killed my parents starting with my mom, who's spot he stole for the spotlight. He robbed my family of everything, he had my older brother and sister killed just for second guessing the mans motives, not to mention got some nasty gossip started about him, oh there was this one time he hired a person to drive by and run my dear friend over-"

I let out a startled gasp from how fast he was slamming and pinning me to the bed, glaring at me.
"I've lost so much shit because of that man, do you think I'll regret killing him? Fuck no, Ace is one of the pieces of the puzzle that needs to be knocked down and forgot about. He's ruined families, he's destroyed futures and he's even taken partners who don't belong to him." He growled harshly at me.
"Killing Ace Ellison will be the best thing I've achieved in my life, it will finally avenge my parents, my siblings and my friend. I've come too far to let go now." He told me, his hands grabbed around my chained wrists as I laid underneath him, my brows knitted.

"But why go after the vampires?" I frowned deeply trying to control my emotions as I looked at him.
He looked down at me.
"Why? Well the answer is obvious, I hate vampires as much as I hate Ace." He shrugged.
"They're blood thirsty monsters who are just as wrong as he is for being born." He told me.
I looked at him feeling my eyes burning.
"But none of them have even tried to hurt anyone! They're good people Church-"

"Let me ask you something Moxie. Let's say you're in a locked room and there is an exit, but you can only save one person. Your choices are your mate or one of your siblings, who are you saving?" He asked me.
I felt the tears slip looking at him.
"How could you even ask me that..? I wouldn't save anyone, because there's no way I'm escaping with one without the other. We all deserve to live!" I yelled as more tears fell.

Church's expression was blank before his brows slowly knitted and he was giving me a pitied expression.
"I don't know why I didn't connect the dots from before, you really are nothing like Ace or your mom. Hell, you're nothing like anyone in this whole damn house! You want equality? You want everyone to coexist like nothing matters? Maybe in your next life, you'll be born as some poor human where nothing like titles or images matter! This is reality and it's time for you to grow up and live with the fact, you're not only going to be the reason those vampires are going to be killed, but you'll also be the reason why Ace dies." He told me harshly.

I laid there frowning at him.
"I'll kill you before you can kill those vampires-"
"Oh you'll kill me?" Church's hand was wrapping around my throat as I hissed digging my nails into his hand.
"YOU'LL KILL ME?"
"They're i-innocent! They deserve to live just as much as you and I do! Killing them won't bring your friends and family back, killing someone like Ace won't bring them back! It won't give you peace." I dug my nails into his hand trying to pry him off my neck as I growled and squirmed underneath the other.
"It will just make you miserable! You'll be miserable because the person you hate the most? The ones you want dead for just existing? They will be all gone and you'll have nothing to motivate you!" I yelled at him.

"So don't kill anyone, please." I laid there as tears fell looking at him.
Church stayed in that position, his eyes were dark looking at me before he finally let go and I was coughing leaning over trying to breathe properly as I rubbed my neck.

"If that's all you have to say, I think we're done here." He told me.
I looked back at him.
"What are you-"
"Did you really think I was going to listen to you cry and actually be persuaded to step down?" He turned to me with a smirk.
"You mean nothing to me Moxie, you're just someone your old man tossed at me like a used up whore. The plan will continue as before, Ace will die then your dear o' vampires will be next." He told me walking out of the room shutting the door behind him.

Panic flooded my senses as I started pulling and tugging at the chains.
I tried everything to slide them off.
But pain was the only thing that was greeting me.
"FUCK!" I screamed as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

Magna and the others were going to die.
I didn't like him but even Ace was going to die.
Think Moxie think!
My eyes burned before the sound of something sliding across the wooded floor, caught my attention.
A key rested in the center of the floor.
My eyes grew wide as I practically tossed myself off the bed and crawled towards the key.
Pain echoed in my body as I reached for the key, but it was out of reach.
"No no no, come on please." I cried stretching as far as my body would let me.
More tears fell as my fingers curled inwards and I was soon forming a fist before slamming it against the wooded floor.
Angry cries escaped me as I lied on the floor.

"They're all going to die." I cried as my body ached.

"Well that's not motivational at all." 
My eyes grew wide looking to the window that was wide open and sitting there.
Was my cousin, Asta.
He looked at me for a moment.
"This is quite the situation you've got yourself in, I can't say I'm not surprised this didn't happen though." He jumped down and walked towards me.

"You knew..? This whole time?" I asked him as tears fell.
Asta knelt down lifting up the key as he examined it before his eyes fell on me.
"It was sort of the whole reason I came to Crossroads, there was word that someone was going to kill Ace Ellison. I wanted to be there to witness it, but I didn't expect for you to fall into a situation where you were also in love with a vampire, and would choose him over your entire family." He smirked softly.

"He's going to kill the other vampires, Asta, we have to stop him!" I cried as he looked at me before placing the key into the lock on my ankles, freeing them.
"Sin is at the church right now being the look out, when we heard about the commotion at the hotel four nights ago, we stayed low at my parents house. I didn't think we'd actually involve ourselves in this, but your window was wide open and I heard the full conversation between you and that psycho." He frowned unlocking my wrists next then the collar that fell onto the floor.

"It's just us Moxie, your mom and brother are locked in their rooms and there are two alphas at each door guarding it. It's the same way with your room I'm sure, so our only exit is the window." He looked at it then at me.
"So who are we saving first, Ace Ellison or the innocent vampires?" He asked me.
My eyes were on the key then on him.
"As if that's even a question." I took the key from my cousin.

"We're saving the vampires first, obviously." I told him heading to the window.

Hold on, Magna..

I'm coming.