08.

**Moxie**

"What did Magna want to talk to you about earlier?" Monty questioned sitting in my room as I sat on the edge of the bed.
I was staring ahead before frowning softly as I glanced to the other.
"He suggested that I come stay with him for a few days." I told him.
Monty's eyes grew wide.
"You told him no, right?" He asked.
I went quiet again as Monty gawked.
"Moxie-"
"I didn't think he'd go as far as asking me to come stay with him, I already know it's suicide." I frowned looking away now.

Monty sat there frowning at me.
"Yeah it is, not even the other omega's would back you up on this when it comes to our dad. You would be thrown under the bus faster than you could try to get on, you guys will have to try something else if you want to see each other." He told me.
I bit my thumbnail thinking about it.
"Like what?"
"Like a hotel?" Monty suggested as my face grew warm.

"Honestly the last time we were alone together and my heat kicked in, it didn't go well.. I'm worried that if that happens again and I throw myself at him, it'll only make him run." I said now.
Monty frowned softly looking at me.
"I don't think he would run Moxie, give yourself a little more credit than that, if he knew about your heat and knew you would try to jump him every time, he wouldn't want to be around you. But! Instead, he was talking about you coming to stay at his house for a few days." He gave me a reassuring smile.
"So I think you two would be fine the next time your heat kicked in." He told me.
I blushed sitting there.

"I know we just saw them not even three hours ago, but I want to see him now." I confessed.
Monty's eyes grew slightly wide looking at me, before his expression softened and he smiled.
"You know he has a phone and there are hotels between here and Cross Fade, if mom or anyone else asked about you, I could cover for you." He offered.
My eyes grew wide before I was hugging my brother with a smile.
"Thanks, Monty." I grinned.
Monty smiled softly.
"I want you to be happy Moxie, I may be the only one who really supports you liking him, but at least you know I'm in your corner." He told me.
I nodded with a soft smile.
"And you don't know how much I appreciate that." I smiled.

When Monty left my room to go shower, I was hesitant on texting Magna, I had a feeling he would understand the staying with him situation.
So we could just hang out at a hotel or something and work on knowing each other there.
I knew it would start looking suspicious if I started going out every day.
So I would have to try to sneak out during the night when everyone else was asleep.

I sat there for the longest time and with a shaky sigh.
I pulled out my phone and sent him a quick text, just asking if he was free tonight.
I nibbled my lip watching the message for when he would read it.
..
Ten minutes had passed and there was still no answer.
Was I coming across too strong?
I frowned standing up from my bed to walk out but the moment I heard it ding, I threw myself back down going to the messages.

[Magna]: I am, what did you have in mind?
My heart was racing as I felt my face growing warm.
[Me]: I can't stay with you like you suggested, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but it's suicide for both of us... So how about we start hanging out at a hotel at night? My parents will be asleep and no one usually bothers me after lights out.
I could feel my face burning because he immediately read it.
I watched the little bubbles moving that told me he was texting back as I looked over my shoulder before my phone dinged.

[Magna]: I understand, my parents actually own one of the hotels between Crossroads and Cross Fade, so if you want to hang out tonight, we can.
I was a blushing mess as I thought it over, my heart felt like it was going to bust out of my chest any second now.
[Me]: I want to hang out.
I was shaking as I sat up with my face burning.
[Magna]: I'll see you at Moonlight then, say eleven tonight?
I smiled softly feeling the rush of being caught sinking in again.
[Me]: See you then. :)
[Magna]: (:

I felt like I was floating on clouds.
We were really meeting up and I was getting anxious because the time was actually going by pretty fast.
It was already eight pm.
So I just had to wait a few more hours and then I would be with Magna.
It made me feel warm just thinking about it.

"You're having a boy?" Mom was trying to control herself at the dinner table that night.
Zoe was smiling at her before her eyes were back on her mate.
"We just found out this morning, we wanted to wait until tonight to share the news with everyone." She said.
Mom was grinning.
"I'm so happy for you girls, have you thought about names yet?" She asked.

Evie laughed softly looking at our mom.
"Not yet, I mean we've been talking about what his name will be, we just haven't settled yet." She smiled softly with her hand on her belly.
"It's hard to choose a name when we don't know what his tag will be until he's eight-"

"We're working on changing that with the proper testing." Dad spoke up taking a sip of his wine looking at them.
"It's just taking a bit longer considering the distractions we've had here lately." He frowned at me and Monty as I frowned.
He looked back at Evie and Zoe.
"So by the time your son is born, you'll be able to choose the right name for him regarding whether he's a beta, alpha or even an omega." He said.

Evie smiled softly.
"We won't care what his tag is either way, he'll be loved unconditionally, right?" She looked at Zoe who smiled at her.
"RIght." She agreed without thinking twice.

Mom looked at me.
"The alpha's your dad requested to come here will be arriving by the end of this week, and we've already hand picked the alpha we want for you." She told me as my stomach twisted into an unpleasant knot.
"You... Hand picked them?" I frowned deeply.
She nodded looking at me.
"We want the best for you and this alpha in particular would definitely boost our image as Ellison's." She explained.

I frowned at her with my thoughts on Magna.
"Who are they?"

"His name is Church Rhodes, the one leading his pack of alpha's." My dad spoke up looking at me and my mouth went dry.
"B-But why did you pick the leader? Why not give the others a chance..?"
"Because they are not as high ranked as he is." Dad was frowning at me.
"As your mother just said, we want the best and our image is important. You are an Ellison, with you being with Church. That will only make our image better for both us and him, you should be grateful you're getting someone like him." He told me.

My brows knitted.
"I should be grateful..?"
He nodded, taking another sip of his wine.
"Yes, there are no other alpha's like him." He said as I stood up feeling sick to my stomach.

"Moxie?" My mom looked at me concerned.
I looked at her with a pale face.
"Sorry I, I just feel a little sick all of a sudden, bad fruit maybe." I suggested walking away from the table and went straight to my room.

He was already picked out.
And his name was Church?
He sounded like a villain. 
It made me even more nervous now.
I didn't want the end of the week to ever get here if I was going to be handed over to someone I didn't even know.
It scared me.
And that's what made me feel sick.
My stomach was tied in knots.
I kept trying to think about Magna.
But my mind was drifting and I was thinking about Church.

"Moxie..?" I looked up at the door where Monty stood and tears swelled in my eyes.
"How can they do this?" I asked him as my voice cracked.
"How can they choose who they want for me, without even giving me a chance to agree? What if he's horrible-"
"What about Magna?" Monty frowned at me and my head was spinning.
My brows knitted as the tears burned my eyes begging to fall.
"They just made it harder for us.. Monty, what am I going to do?" I asked him as the tears slipped.

Monty frowned at me.
"You want to know what you're going to do?"
I nodded.
"You're going to keep seeing Magna, you're going to reject everything about Church, whether he's nice or not. You won't obey what they want for you, especially! If it's not what you want." He looked at me.
"You're an omega wolf, you are not their accessory to make themselves look better out in the streets." He told me.
My brows knitted as more tears fell.
"You like Magna and he likes you, don't like them get between that." He knelt in front of me, frowning softly. 
"You know what you want, so go after it." He smiled softly.

My heart was racing but I smiled softly with a nod.
"Thanks, Monty." I hugged him as he held me tighter.

After two hours of laying in bed and taking some medicine my mom brought me.
I had some clothes packed and I was ready to run to meet Magna.
I was scared but also excited at the same time.
I was really doing this.
I opened my window and with a shaky breath.
I was running away for the night.

I walked down the street seeing others still awake and talking on the sidewalks.
I could feel my nerves trying to take over, telling me that I needed to go back home.
But.

When I saw Magna waiting for me at the doors of Moonlight.
All those nerves vanished and I was walking up to him.
He smiled softly and his lips were on mine before bringing me inside the hotel.

"I'm sorry I can't stay with you like planned." I said sitting inside the hotel room.
Magna shook his head.
"Don't be, I knew it was a long shot and I knew something would get in the way of that. I'm just happy being like this, what time do you need to be home later?" He asked me.
I thought about the time and only shrugged.
"I guess around four am, no one will be up at that time and it's the safest time for me to return." I told him.
He nodded, turning the music on low and popped open a bottle of wine.
My mouth went dry looking at it.

"I won't offer you a drink." He smirked softly as I blushed.
"For some reason, drinking triggers my heat to come out, and I don't really want to jump you." I told him.
Magna grinned at that.
"I appreciate your consideration." He said pouring himself a glass of the wine before taking a drink of it.
I watched him and my eyes fell on the wine now.

"I'm going to take a shower." He said later that night as I lied there watching the TV before nodding.
My eyes were back on the wine and when Magna stepped out.
I crawled out of the bed and made my way over pouring myself a glass of the wine.
I was hesitant but took a small sip feeling my face growing warm.

Coughing I poured the rest of it out but it was too late.
My body was hot and I was craving for him all over again.
I walked over to the bed, and just like the night of the party.
I was removing my clothes but crawled under the covers to see if they would cool my body back down.

My heart raced when he stepped out in nothing but a towel with damp brown hair.
His eyes fell on me and noticed my clothes on the ground.
I watched the corners of his lips twisting into an amused grin.
"Did you sneak a drink while I was gone?" He asked me.
I felt myself grinning as I pulled the covers up hiding my face before nodding.
He sighed, shaking his head.
"Naughty wolf." He walked over and crawled into the bed as it shifted under us.

I rolled over and looked at him.
"I only took a small sip."
"Yet you're a flushed mess." He watched me before he grabbed my hips and I cried out covering my mouth.
He smirked softly.
"Don't hold back your voice, there is no one sleeping on the top floor, I made sure of it." He told me brushing his fingers against my thigh as I whined now pressing myself against him, craving for more.
I grabbed his hand and placed it more on my ass looking at him.

"Can we?"
He studied me for a minute.
"Is this the alcohol-"
"No, it's me talking, please." I whined, burying my face against his bare chest.
He let out a soft sigh before he was pressing his lips against mine and I shivered at first.
I felt his hands on my ass as my heart raced before I was sitting on the other, straddling him.

His green eyes were locked on me as my face flushed red.
"Try not to stare."
"I can't help it, you're very attractive right now." He smirked holding my hips as I leaned down, pressing my lips to his before letting out a startled gasp feeling his fingers pressing into me.
I trembled on top of him, moaning softly. I felt his tongue pressing into my mouth and my brain was turning back into mush.

"I think you're ready." He whispered pressing the tip against me and I whimpered before feeling him pushing into me and tears burned my eyes.
I looked up at the ceiling before crying out when he began to thrust.
It didn't hurt like I thought it would but my thoughts were going crazy.
I knew this was going to happen.
I wanted this to happen.
I wanted him.

My fingers were laced with his and he locked our hands as he thrust inside of me.
I cried out his name more times than I could count.
My heart was racing so fast.
But I was happy.

I wasn't sure how many times we went at it.
But we were both passed out soon after and the only thought on my mind was the fact.

I was in love with Magna Grimes.
He was my connection.

My alpha vampire..