22 | LOSING GAME

He stepped over the bodies that lay on the floor. Theee years had passed since Cassidy had taken down the redroom with Natasha and Yelena.

She was married to the god of mischief. She had a son named Lorenzo and was pregnant with a girl.

She hugged her baby tight in her arms and hid under the rubble, watching her husband communicate with the Titan.

"The sun will shine on us again brother."

He lifted up his hand and Brang the dagger to the aliens neck, but was stopped by a force.

She watched, frozen in place as Loki was lifted into the air by his throat and heard a loud snap.

She jumped up out of hiding and rushed over to his body, staring into the eyes that were now bloodshot red.

"Well well well, what do we have here?"

He grabbed the baby out of her arms and crushed his skull in his hands.

Thanos had just murdered her husband and son I front of her and there was nothing she could do about it.

She fell to her knees and let out a piercing scream, destroying everything for miles.

When she stopped, Cassidy stared at the two and looked around, seeking revenge but the purple villain was nowhere to be seen.

Thor came over and hugged his brothers body while cradling his nephew in his arms. He had come to live the child and the woman who became his sister in law.

She helped him save Asgard. She was the only one who could defeat Hela. She helped him leave sakaar and helped his brother to become a better person.

And now he watched her heart shatter to pieces as her family died.

Eventually the two fell unconscious due to lack of oxygen, but were woken up when they felt themselves being dragged onto a ship.

Cassie's luminous eyes fluttered open to see a strange bug-like woman staring at her.

She screamed and jumped up, the two banging their heads together. She created a ball of purple energy in her hands and gave a threatening look to the rest on the ship.

Noticing Thor unconscious by her feet, she kicked him in the ribs and he woke up immediately.

The two got into a fighting stance and Cassie entered the big lady's mind, only to find out that they were not a threat and lowered her hands, nudging the god beside her who imitated her actions and loosened up.

They stared waiting for them to speak.

"We are the guardians of the galaxy."

One man said, he had an American accent and they assumed that he was from earth. The next to speak shocked the the two asgardians.

"We're just a bunch of assholes really."

"A talking raccoon? Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool. Swag."

Cassie said, slightly creeped out by a blueish-green man who was staring at them.

"He's rocket. The weirdo over there is Drax. The talking tree is groot, bug's mantis and I'm Peter quill. Starlord."

"I am Thor. Son of Odin, god of thunder. This is Cassidy Sinclair. Ultraviolet."

"Wait she's the ultraviolet? Like magic purple lady? Destroyer of worlds? Master of chaos magic? The one who's supposed to help the scarlet witch destroy the universe? Strongest being in the galaxy?"