26 | HAPPY

"Get in the fucking car!"

Cassie responded with a strange whining noise that sounded a bit like a duck drowning and a cat screeching at the same time.

About a month had passed since the birth of her daughter and happy was trying to get Cassidy to go to a hospital after she accidentally cut her thumb off while cutting carrots for Christmas dinner.

Yes. Her while thumb got cut off and now she had it in a bag of frozen peas.

"No, I wanna see Brucey!"

She used her nickname for the doctor and continued to complain about going to a hospital.

Since Athena was born, Cassie had sort of gone back a few years. She still felt like she was eighteen and hadn't fully registered the snap yet.

She became a little more reckless and less responsible, leading to her father sending happy to babysit her.

Again, yes. A 21 year old adult with a daughter needed to be babysit by her father's bodyguard.

Natasha had gone back to the compound for a few hours to pick up some stuff to bring to the house. They decided that she would move in and help with the baby while they figure out the relationship.

In the two hours she was gone and had left her girlfriend unsupervised, Cassie had manage to loose her child, burn a chunk of her hair off, drop her phone into the toilet and cut off her thumb.

"Cassandra Stark, you get in the car this second or I'm calling your father."

"You wouldn't."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, call-"

"Fine! I'll get in the fucking car."

"You're getting blood all over my seats!"

And yet another argument started. Happy eventually drove Cassie to the hospital and they were about to go in when they remembered..

"We forgot the baby.."

"We forgot the baby!"

The duo got back onto the car and drive back to the house, only to see Natasha standing in a bloody living room holding a sleeping baby Athena.

"What happened? I was gone for two hours!"

———THREE YEARS LATER———

"Nat.."

"You know I love you and we've been dating for 2 and a half years now. I'm helping you raise your 3-year-old and-"

"Yes."

"What? You'll marry me?"

"Of course."

The brunette kissed her girlfriend who was now her fiancé and slid the ring onto her finger.

"Wow, I can't believe we're getting married. Are you sure? I mean, since the snap-"

"The snap was 3 years ago, Nat. I had a child 3 years ago and I fell in love with you three years ago."

"You also lost your husband and best friends."

"But now I have you and Athena. And you're all I need. As much as I miss Wanda, I doubt she'd mind me and you being together."

"I love you, cass. Don't forget it.. also if I die I won't mind if you get remarried or something. I want you to be happy because you are going to be my wife."

Natasha joking about an untimely death made Cassie a bit anxious and gave her a slight deja vu feeling, but she brushed it off and assured herself that this time, her significant other wouldn't get murdered or die to save someone.

"Bold of you to assume I'm ever letting you die."

The two went in for another kiss but were interrupted by footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Mommy! Auntie Nat! Uncle Thor's chasing me!"

The small child giggled as she was swooped into the air by the god of thunder as he threw her over his shoulder and span her around.

"Now, now, little Athena. I won't see you for a while as I'm going back to Asgard, so I want you to listen to your mother and be a good little midguardian for her. Will you do that for me?"

She nodded eagerly, her big blue eyes staring at the god in awe.

Although neither of the child's parents had blue eyes, she had powers that gave her them. The three year old could teleport, fly and turn invisible. Hence why her favourite game was hide-and-seek.

Thor had promised that one day she would be queen of Asgard one day and she loved him for it. Athena didn't have a father after what happened to Loki but Thor tried his best.

He adored his niece, for she was almost a carbon copy of his brother when he was young, only with some of Cassie's features.

The tall man patted her on the head and walked over to Cassie, giving her a tight hug and congratulating the two on the engagement before leaving to new Asgard.

Natasha took Athena's hand and walked her upstairs to put her to bed, meeting her future wife in their bedroom and falling asleep on her chest.

! THIS IS 3 YEARS AFTER INFINITY WAR !

So basically Nat and Cassie are living in a house somewhere idk with Athena and happy babysits Athena when they're doing superhero shit

Love u !! :)
<z3