Chapter Sixteen

Hey guys! I'm really sorry for the long wait! But here is the next chapter and I hope you all really enjoy it!

Comment/Vote/Fan

XOXO Charlotte

Chapter Sixteen

I cling to Callum as if my life depends on it. But we all know that water won't do any damage to me. Want to know why? Because I'm a vampire. And I never have to breathe again! 

I smile into his beautiful blue eyes as I rake my hands through his hair. He is simply gorgeous. As Callum watches me and I stare at him, I can hear Zee whispering to Luke about how we need to get a room. I whip my head around to glare at her. "I heard that." She smiles and shrugs innocently. 

"Heard what, love?" She asks.

"You know what. If Callum and my affection bothers you, feel free to leave." I murmur only before I feel my eyes widen at what I just told one of my best friends. I would never say that... I'd be too scared to get slapped or kicked for that. But I don't. Instead, everyone laughs as Callum holds me close and kisses my shoulder sweetly. 

"You're fun as a vampire!" Nathan says with a lopsided grin. I roll my eyes and lean back against Callum, smiling proudly. I was fun. And I was also fearless. Which only meant one thing. I could have my cold, hard, deep revenge that I desperately seek. It is time for my father and brother to get that reckoning that they deserve. 

"Forget them." Callum tells me. I look over my shoulder at him and scrunch my eyebrows together, angry that he would ask me to do that. After everything they did to me... they deserve to be punished! 

"I can't forget them Callum! They scarred me! They damaged me! And no magic or venom will ever cure that! It's not something that can be fixed and forgotten. They have become a permanent memory. They have mentally ruined me. I will forever be scared of being by myself with a man. No matter the power I have." I tell him and pull myself out of the pool. I march over to the towel rack and wrap it around my body. I head for the bedroom when I hear him follow me. "Leave me alone Callum!" I roar.

I enter the room and go to shut the door but he sticks a hand out to keep it open. As he pushes to open it, I use all my body strength to keep it closed. But when I know I won't win, I hope to the side and watch as he shoves the door open and looks at me with anger tinted eyes.

"Please don't raise your voice with me." As I watch him, I gnaw on my bottom lip. He's hungry. And to come to think of it, so am I... His eyes look me up and down as he licks his lips. I didn't understand though... I was dead. My blood now isn't like the blood of when I was human. It won't satisfy his hunger. 

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I try to ask in a calm voice. It seems to snap him out of his daze as he shakes his head and takes a deep breath. 

"No. Basia, we need to talk about this..." He murmurs. I sigh and take a step back, plopping down on the bed. I wave for him to continue. "Basia, this... curse isn't to be used carelessly. I know you seek revenge but with revenge comes guilt and I don't want you to have to go through that with people so pathetic." He tells me softly, his eyes gentle. I take in what he says and accept that what he has to say is very true. They don't deserve my guilt. "And as for you being scared, I promise that you will never get hurt with me. I will always protect you." He reaches over to caress my face. I huff and roll my eyes. Yes, I know he will. 

"Where were you five years ago?" I says under my breath. I feel him tense.

"What was that?" He asks as if he really didn't understand what I said but we both knew he heard me clearly. I stare into his hurt eyes and I wish I could keep my big mouth shut. But my body had a mind of it's own.