Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I woke up on an extremely comfortable bed, warm and relaxed as a strong arms engulfed me. There was a pain on my neck, making me moan and roll out of the grasp so I was face down into my pillow. I was hoping that maybe I could suffocate myself just so the pain could go away. But of course, life wasn't that fair to me.

"Basia..." I heard someone mutter from beside me. I turned and saw Callum laying in bed with me. I gasped loudly and launched out of bed, stumbling when my legs gave in. Callum was by my side in a blink of an eye, grabbing me so I didn't fall. I stared at him with wide eyes. "Baby, are you okay?" His eyes ran down my body to see if I was hurt or in pain. Then they settled on my own.

"W-what just happened?! Why does my neck hurt?!" I cried, slapping a hand on my burning neck. Callum's eyes widened as his eyes snapped to my neck. They turned black before he scooped me up and bolted into the bathroom. I let out a cry at how fast he was going. He set me down on the counter as he bolted out the bathroom trying to get what is needed.

What was concluded made me feel nauseous. Callum held a knife, making me scream and pulled my knees to me, cowered away. Callum frowned but then put the knife to his wrist and sliced it. Blood leaked down his arm. "Baby, if you want the pain to go away, you need to drink. Please, trust me." He whispered and stepped closer, aiming the bloody wrist for my mouth.

"No. Please don't." I cried, trying to get away. But he tangled his free hand in my hair and massaged my scalp.

"Basia. Please. It hurts me to see you in pain. I won't hurt you. Ever again." He lowered his head so his forehead is resting against mine. I can see his eyes soften significantly as he places a sweet kiss to my nose. Then the wrist is gently propped against my lips. I groan, trying to get away but he forbids it, causing the blood to seep into my mouth and down my throat.

That ignited all of my taste buds. My eyes widened in delight as I grasped tightly to his elbow and hand, keeping him prisoner. His blood tasted so good I didn't understand what was wrong with me. But all I know is that I wanted more of it.

Callum let out a throaty chuckle as he stood there, supplying me with the potent beverage.

Then he pulled away, wiped the blood off with a towel and then cleaned up my obviously messy face. I glared up at him, extremely embarrassed. "What is wrong with me? What did you do, bloodsucker?!" I cried out. Callum looked at me with pained eyes as he frowned and carries me back to the bed.

"Basia. I already told you. I marked you as mine. I can't believe I didn't remember that you needed to feed also to cease the possibility of pain." He sat next to me on the bed but I scooted away from him and shook my head.

"Please stay away from me, Callum. I no longer want this." Though that was sort of a lie, I had to be strong. I couldn't have him bite and feed me whenever he wants. I wasn't going to be his personal blood bag. Callum let out a snarl and glared at me.

"Basia." He ground out between set teeth. His eyes were squeezed shut tight as he massaged his temples. "I don't understand why you think that you're my personal blood bag. I don't-I will never drink from you again." When he opened his eyes, they were charcoal black and I wondered how he knew what I was thinking. I cocked my head to the side, deciding I'll ask him after he apologizes for biting me and then making me drink from him.

"So now what? You bite me, I drink your surprisingly delicious blood... now what?" I asked. Callum frowned again and I concluded that I didn't like him frowning. That he looked much more handsome with a grand smile on his face.

Callum shrugged. "I was hoping we could just go back to how we were?" He questioned more than answered. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Before I found out you were a vampire? Are you crazy?!" I screamed. Callum bowed his head and then fell on his back, slapping a hand over his face. He let out a groan, muttered something under his breath and then just remained silent for a moment. I gnawed on my bottom lip, hating to see him like this. But what was I supposed to do?! Just forgive him for keeping this a secret and biting me? And then continue to how we were before, though I don't really know what we were.