Part Three

~~~~~

After the Jawas had finished feasting on the egg, they had loaded the Mandalorian's ship parts onto the cart and they were on their way. The journey had been silent for the most part, aside from Kuiil asking if the child was awake yet. Rael was thankful that neither the Ugnaught nor the bounty hunter asked for more explanation on what had happened.

It took the rest of the day and on into the night, but the group finally arrived at the ship. "There's no way we're gonna get this to work without a full maintenance facility. This is gonna take days to fix." The man sighed as he climbed off the trailer and surveyed his ship.

"If you care to help and allow the Rael to be free of her cuffs, it might go faster." Kuiil called as he set up the spotlights he had brought. "Rael?" he questioned and looked towards the girl. "That's my name. You'd know if you'd thought to ask, Mando." she sassed. The man stared at her without saying something before shaking his head and pushing a few buttons on his vambrace.

A second later, the cuff on her right wrist unlocked and disconnected from the cuff on her left and fell to the ground. "Better than nothing." She sighed and rubbed her sore wrist. "Well, let us begin. There is much work to do." Kuiil said as he handed her a wrench and and a exterior panel. "Try not to mess up my ship." The Mandalorian grumbled and stalked up the loading ramp.

~~~~~

After a long two days of work, the ship was finally repaired and ready for travel. "I can't thank you enough. Please allow me to give you a portion of the reward." The Mandalorian said. "I cannot accept. You are my guest and I am therefore in your service." Kuiil responded with a shake of his head.  

"I could use a crew member of your ability, and I can pay handsomely. It wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of hands now that I have two to watch over." The man offered and cut his eyes over at Rael, who was sulking in the corner and glaring at him with the still sleeping child floating in his carriage next to the girl.

"I am honored, but I have worked a lifetime to finally be free of servitude." Kuiil replied and sent Rael a sympathetic look. "I understand. Then all I can offer is my thanks." The Mandalorian told him. "And I offer mine. Thank you for bringing peace to my valley." Kuiil said and walked down the ramp to his blurrg.

"And good luck with the child and the young one. May you survive the journey and receive what you are after." Kuiil called before urging his blurrg forward and heading back to his home. Rael sighed as she watched her only chance for help disappear over the ridge.

The bounty hunter closed the ramp and turned to face the young woman. "Come on." He grumbled and pulled her up by the cuffs on her wrists. After the ship had been repaired, he had put the other cuff back on her. "Have you figured out what you will do with me?" She asked annoyedly as he made her sit down in the co-pilot seat.

"I'm still deciding." he said as he flipped a few switches and the engines powered up. "My friends will begin to worry. I should have returned to them with the child days ago. They will come looking for me." She warned. The man said nothing and turned his head towards her.

"You have the ability that the child has, don't you? You helped him with the mudhorn." He said lowly. Rael remained silent and held his invisible gaze. "And I'm guessing the power coupling you wear on your neck belongs to the weapon you claim is broken." He continued.

Rael hesitated before pleading, "Whoever is paying you has evil intentions. There are those who are seeking after young ones, like the child, and they wish to do... horrible things. Please, allow me to take the the child and you will be compensated." The Mandalorian stared at her for a few seconds before turning his seat around and guiding the ship off the ground and starting their ascent into the sky.