Part Forty

~~~~~

Din Djarin listened intently as the Armorer talked about the Great Purge and melted down his beskar spear. He had completed a bounty in exchange for the location of where to find them, only to discover that just two remained. "What shall I forge?", she asked suddenly. "Something for a foundling...", he replied. "This is the Way.", the Armorer agreed. "For uh- a specific foundling, as well as a ward. Grogu and Rael.", Din added.

The female Mandalorian didn't stop her work as she said, "They are no longer in your care. They are with their own kind now." Din didn't hesitate as he told her, "I want to see them, make sure they're safe." The Armorer rotated the red-hot spear tip over the forge as she said, "Legends say that in order to master the ways of the Force, Jedi must forgo all attachment." Din's relaxed hands tightened into fists as he said, "That is the opposite of our Creed. Loyalty and solidarity are the way."

"What shall I forge for the foundling Grogu and the ward Rael?", she asked.

~~~~~

Rael was sprawled on her back atop a hill as Luke tried to get Grogu to stay seated on a mossy stone. They had arrived on Ossus a few days ago with Chewie, Han, and Leia. Lando backed out last minute when he realized that they would be camping outdoors. "Grogu, please-", Rael heard Luke start to say for the tenth time in the past 30 minutes. "Guys! Come say bye!", Leia voice crackled over the comlink on Rael's robe she had hung on a tree branch.

"C'mon you two. We can pick this up tomorrow.", Rael sighed as she sat up and looked over to where Luke was kneeling down beside Grogu. Luke's head hung low as he let out a small groan, but Grogu giggled as he tried to reach up and grab a piece of the Jedi's hair. "I don't recommend that, kiddo.", Rael hummed as she scooped him up in one arm and grabbed her robe in the other.

Luke stood up as she started down the hill, and followed close behind. They reached the valley below and started on the path that lead them through the forest and to the Temple. The walk was quiet except for Grogu's babbles and the breeze drifting through the trees. When they came out of the forest, they could see their friends and droids standing in front of the Millineum Falcon. "Are you sure you'll be ok here alone?", Leia questioned as moved between the ANT-droids building the temple walls.

"We will be. Grogu needs as little distraction as possible.", Luke told her as Rael let the kid waddle towards Chewie and R2-D2. "Well Leia's set you guys up with enough supplies to last you 50 cycles at least.", Han teased as he roughly wrapped Rael in a hug. "Han-", she huffed out as the man spun her around before ruffling her hair. "If you get too bored here, send me a holo. Chewie and I'll come save ya.", he told her as Leia pulled her into a much gentler hug. "Let me know when you two have had that talk.", Leia whispered to her before they separated. Rael furrowed her brows but still nodded in reply.

Chewie was letting Grogu sit on his shoulder and play with his fur as Rael approached them. "I knew you two would get along.", She said with a smile as she wrapped the Wookie in a hug and he roared in agreement. Grogu let out sad coo as Chewie handed him back to Rael and he followed the others up the ship's ramp. R2 beeped as he rolled over to where Luke, Rael, and Grogu waved goodbye. "You're right, Artooie. I'll get the rations out if Luke handles the fire.", she said as the Falcon disappeared in the sky.

"Why do I always make the fires?", Luke asked as they headed not the unfinished Temple. "Because you're faster at it.", she said as she carried Grogu with her to the stacked crates. Luke mumbled annoyedly, but went to the stack of dried bamboo. "What should we have... Instant bone broth with a some bread or mystery meat with some veggies?", Rael asked as she held out to different ration packs to Grogu. The kid's face scrunched up in thought as he looked between the two packs. After a moment he pulled the bone broth pack from her hand. "Good choice", the girl said quietly as she grabbed two more and closed the crate.

Clan of Threeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें